Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the season wears on it's becoming more and more evident it seems that Chelsea will find it difficult to win something,IMO they're a great side but still do lack alot in all due respect.The team is still gelling together and although this seems silly you have to see how long the other sides players have been playing together.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Milan bought Tomasson, Rivaldo, Seedorf, Simic and Nesta in one Summer. 4 of them were starting quite often not to forget Rui Costa and Inzaghi in the previous summer but all these people hardly played together before the 2002-3 season because:

1 - out through injury

2- not Milan players as yet

We still went on to win the UCL and Coppa. Ancelotti did brilliantly and the team did brilliantly.

Ranieri is a good coach and Chelsea although are going through a lean patch right now does not necessarily spell doom and gloom.

In fact I think they are going to be up there at the the end and it depends on how hungry they are for that one final push.

Hence nothing is evident at this time ;)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Why cant we win?

Did you watch Man Utd last week? No? Well..

Arsenal haven't been on fire and they will have a major slip up. We may, we may not... as long as we try our best then i'll accept it. Viva Ranieri.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fact is that Man Utd and arsenal have squads that have been playing together for a number of years now,and on this note in the end it shows.The managers have the experience especially in the Premiership as their sides are quite established.
I'd love to see ranieri bring success to the Bridge but sadly I don't see this happening through no fault of his own,Personally I believe he needs to stay at Chelsea to continue this Project.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
well i think Ab did it all wrong,he should have brought in two or three targets and moved the club on gradually. :eek:

P.S. whatever happened to Deanfio ? :D he was Chelsea through and through for about erm....two months :D

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Roman has said he isnt expecting an instant success.
The guy didnt get rich by being impatient. :tongue:

I dont see why we can win anything. Still lots to decide. Schumy of all people should remember last year in Serie A.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
polaris I'm not hanging it on Chelsea I'm basically saying sadly I don't think Chelsea will be able to deliver the goods in this campaign.Of course it's virtually a new side and the team needs time as you do.:)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
I've said this before.

Chelsea need only two players.

1. A world class centre back to partner Terry.

2. A leader in midfield.

This continuous talk of Chelsea being linked with a striker is ridiculous IMO coz Mutu and Crespo have class! They only need the supply (midfield) to make things happen.

Veron is good and needs time to build his game. His backache problems have broken that momentum but Chelsea were still doing well with Seba.

They are not out of it by any measure. I think they will give the other two a run for their money THIS SEASON. It will be a three horse race.

As for the UCL .... I would think a top 4 is on the cards though their draw is tough and depends on the sides they meet along the way!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I could'nt agree with you more Don;) ,Some of the displays this season by Ranieri's men have been breathtaking.Just Imagine with the new likely inclusions at the end of the season and the sides already staeady progress thinks look ever so crystal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Adrian Mutu7

true

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Schumy said:
I could'nt agree with you more Don;) ,Some of the displays this season by Ranieri's men have been breathtaking.Just Imagine with the new likely inclusions at the end of the season and the sides already staeady progress thinks look ever so crystal.

Weird thing is o_O they all came at the start of the season ;). Makes this gelling business weird :O.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts