Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you look at such clubs and where they're now and what's happened to them,you can't help but feel a sad sense of feeling about them.Leeds Utd,Parma,Messina,Wimbledon(now Milton Keynes Dons) for e.g not so long ago tasted regular first division staus now they're pretty much a whole world away from the big time.Do you have a soft spot or support any of the clubs that feautured so prominently in the first division?

·
Registered
59,507 Posts
Wimbledon used to be a side I liked as I lived in SW London.

Out of all the sides mentioned, they're probably the only ones not big enough to sustain themselves in the highest division over a long period of time, so it's a miracle in itself they managed to stay so long in the premiership under Kinnear. That's why too they're the only side out of Messina, Parma, Leeds, Kaiserslautern I miss.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
When you look at such clubs and where they're now and what's happened to them,you can't help but feel a sad sense of feeling about them.Leeds Utd,Parma,Messina,Wimbledon(now Milton Keynes Dons) for e.g not so long ago tasted regular first division staus now they're pretty much a whole world away from the big time.Do you have a soft spot or support any of the clubs that feautured so prominently in the first division?
Don't worry, we'll be back next season :strong:

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Somehow we'll soldier on.

But seriously top flight football lost its soul so many years ago it makes no difference who owns us, I'm still having to pay forty quid to go and watch a bunch of millionaires who don't give a shit about the club or the fans play football.

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Wimbledon used to be a side I liked as I lived in SW London.

Out of all the sides mentioned, they're probably the only ones not big enough to sustain themselves in the highest division over a long period of time, so it's a miracle in itself they managed to stay so long in the premiership under Kinnear. That's why too they're the only side out of Messina, Parma, Leeds, Kaiserslautern I miss.
Weren't Wimbledon known for their hoof football. One striker upfront with the whole team hopefully aiming their hoofed shots at him. They did have great characters such as Lil Dennis Wise and the hard nut Vinnie Jones who were part of the 'Crazy Gang'.

Nottingham Forest once ruled Europe with the best manager the game has ever known (Brian Clough). I hope they make it to the EPL soon

·
Registered
59,507 Posts
Weren't Wimbledon known for their hoof football. One striker upfront with the whole team hopefully aiming their hoofed shots at him. They did have great characters such as Lil Dennis Wise and the hard nut Vinnie Jones who were part of the 'Crazy Gang'.
yep, that were them with John Fashanu up front :proud:

All went wrong when Kinnear left and Egil Olsen came in

·
Registered
59,507 Posts

·
Registered
28,281 Posts
Apart from Leeds and Parma i can also think of Lens, Nottingham Forest, Kaiserslautern, Ferencvaros (forcibly relegated i think), Real Sociedad even Zaragoza....all big popular teams not in the highest division

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Frankfurt? Borussia Mönchengladbach?

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
They do play in the Championship (second division) but theyll be going back down because theyre shit. What people dont realise is, theyve been shit most of their lifetime but were only good under Clough.

Leeds will be back, it will just take time. Were the Napoli of England.

·
Premium Member
40,304 Posts
Leeds united, Real sociedad, Brescia must come back soon. :hopeful:
I really feel sorry for them.

Parma were in serie a last season, no worry because they will return once again.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
They do play in the Championship (second division) but theyll be going back down because theyre shit. What people dont realise is, theyve been shit most of their lifetime but were only good under Clough.

Leeds will be back, it will just take time. Were the Napoli of England.
:howler:

·
Registered
70,707 Posts
Real Oviedo :relieved:

38 seasons in Primera and now in the fourth division (Tercera).

They built this stadium just in their last season in Primera:

Now only amateur players play there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.