22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would seem so.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rumour is, Pearson headbutted Richard Keogh :howler:

I really hope that's true, just for comic value.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah if anyone else was our manager if think that was bollocks, the latest it Pearson had a row with mel Morris yesterday and him and idiakez went on a bender and were drinking in the team hotel this morning. Idiakez has also been suspended.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Idiakez has left the club, surely won't be long before Pearson follows.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Such a shame about Idiakez, was great to see him back at the club. Obviously we don't know what's happened, I just hope he hasn't done anything wrong that will tarnish his reputation at Derby.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shame about Idiakez, tarnishing his legacy at Derby. He and Rasziak were fantastic in the day.
Yeah, I really hope it doesn't come out he's done something dodgy. That team of Burleys is the best time I've had watching Derby, in my early twenties with the time and money to go to most games that season. I would hate it to be tarnished.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a weird feeling Pearson will be one of the managers named in this Telegraph investigation into corruption
Yeah it's been mentioned, it's possible, but I'm thinking it's more likely to be something that's happened inside the club at the moment.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The club says that an "investigation" is under way. If there was just a bust-up between Pearson and the chairman, and some excessive drinking by Pearson and Idiakez, as we have been led to believe, there's no need for an investigation. If there really is an investigation in progress, it would suggest that there is more to it than we have been told.

Allegedly, Steve McClaren has weighed in in support of Allardyce. If this is the case, a cynic might call it an attempt by McClaren to put his name in the news at a time when Derby are probably on the point of announcing a vacancy...

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just hope it doesn't drag on for ages.

McClaren can sod off.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah we are basically waiting to see what happened to decide if we all hate Pearson or not or Mel Morris is a lunatic :howler:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Perhaps they're negotiating severance terms under cover of the word "investigation."

There are allegations that Mel Morris used drones to "spy" on training sessions, in which case the current hiatus might instead be due to claims and counter-claims from lawyers. Invasion of privacy and constructive dismissal spring to mind. If Morris did use drones and didn't realise that they were bound to be spotted, he is not very clever (I'm trying to use measured language here).

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bloody drones, it goes from
Bad to worse. Why does the chairman need drones, can he not just pop down and have a watch of training, or what that upset the manager too much?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some guy called Anthony Hudson has been linked with us, manages the New Zealand NT. I'll be honest I don't anything about him.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Bloody drones, it goes from
Bad to worse. Why does the chairman need drones, can he not just pop down and have a watch of training, or what that upset the manager too much?
Well, according to the article Nigel Pearson's Derby County bust-up escalated after owner used DRONE to watch training - Mirror Online , the chairman likes to be able to watch training from anywhere in the world. Presumably he travels a lot on business. If drones were used, I sympathise with Pearson. If I'd been in his shoes, I would have been :redangry::redangry:; I would have felt like :boxing: .

:(:(

Clough's safe. On the gates they get, Burton can't afford a drone.

(That's enough smilies for now, I think.)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts