Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know probably nobody can fix this mess at the club but when is the time right to consider getting rid of Jewell?

First off, the main point is that he has not yet won a league match since his arrival, and the team is struggling to look good even in the Championship, without a win in 4 and in last place.

Second off, he always wanted "his team", well I think he has that now, he has gotten rid of most Davies' signings and anything who was around even before him. Maybe it's still too early but we are getting to the point where Derby may not control their own destiny in the league and the team will have to catch-up to the rest of the pack

Do you guys think it's too early, or can you see this happening anytime soon? There are already some fans who want him out judging by the radio after matches

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Your team isnt capable with Jewell, nor without him, so whats the difference.

Jewell is a quality manager at this level, Took Bradford up and kept them there, Took Wigan up and kept them there.

So its not the manager, its something else.

Jewell would be best leaving for a bigger club I think, Notts Forest probably a good step up for him now after you.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I thought he handled the stituation last year in the EPL badly but i'd give him alittle longer to turn it around

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jewell does have the history on his side, but there is nothing positive at the moment. Yes it's more than just the manager, but he always said he needed to bring players in, which he has now, and the performances are not up to par.

Maybe the club needs a shake-up, still too early but we can't wait before the club has nothing to play for in the last few months of the season like last season

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
It's a difficult one, I don't who you could get to replace him, but it's ridiculous now, that team should be good enough to compete in this league, and if it isn't it is Jewells and only jewells fault, he's signed the majority of the squad now and for a lot of money at this level of football.

The thing that worries me most is Jewell looks a beaten man.

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
has to be brought up again with this recemt slide and poor play with Derby are encountering again. They are now sliding to relegation problems if this continues. I know injuries have hurt this team, but they have not been competitive in most of these matches.

Paul Ince was sacked today from Blackburn, maybe it was too quick of a jump for him as Blackburn are now in the relegation zone, but I feel he can be a good Football league manager and maybe Derby should have an eye on him.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
We wanted talks with him before, so is likely to be brought up. If the Watford game is the same as most served up this season, it might be the way to go, because frankly its just not good enough right now, most importantly the players are better then what we are seeing, and if Jewell cant get the best out of them he's not doing jis job, and i'm getting sick of him moaning about injuries and the worst year in his life.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Forest know how to pass the ball, so that would be a start...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts