Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to talk about perhaps the worlds best batsman today Sachin tendulkar.When this guys on song he's arguably unstoppable and simply brilliant to watch.His shot playing and footwork is reminiscent of a true champion and his sportsmanship is second to none.
Sachin to you Thanks for the Brilliance.:)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
He is not only the best at the moment but one of the best of all times in both forms of cricket. He might become the best ever in the ODIs when his career finishes but that only time will tell.
He has done well when the team has been failing and he has been the only point of happinees in many of the gloomy overseas tours in the 90s. He has been performing consistently for many years now and still has the exuberance left in him. The other aspect that is very pleasing is his humility inspite if his success.

Sachin to you Thanks for all the happiness. :)

on a light note it looks like sachin has retired from cricket and i am paying a tribute to him ... but then .... not many people are so adored and respected while they are still playing ...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
As they Say

"Perhaps only Pele and Muhammad Ali, among sporting legends, have elicited such love and devotion wherever they went. "

"But the finest compliment must be that bookmakers would not fix the odds – or a game – until Tendulkar was out."

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Wrong Mattew Hayden. Rahul Dravid. Ricking Pointing.

the first one has been the best past 2-3 years
the next 2 batted 5 times better than sachin did in the test series.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Terak said:
Wrong Mattew Hayden. Rahul Dravid. Ricking Pointing.

the first one has been the best past 2-3 years
the next 2 batted 5 times better than sachin did in the test series.
Agreed. But we are talking overall i guess. :) and not one series .
Anyways Sachin has been the best till now this year :D :D .

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sachin commands such amazing respect,Not only is he an outstanding Sportsman with brilliant Cricketing skills.He's also a Model gentlemen as well.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Hi i am back after being without net as we were shifting apartments
Sachin is a great batsman, my only gripe is that he is remembered for miniscule things while other great Indian players like Dravid etc are hardly appreciated. I am willing to bet that a year down the lane no one will remember what Dravid did this series and everyone will be talking how Sachin made that unbeaten 240.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I agree that Mathew Hayden, Ricky Ponting and Rahul Dravid are all great batsmen, but to me Sachin is the best Batsman I've ever seen and probably the second best batsman of all time after Sir Don Bradman. I personally think Lara is classier than Sachin, but Sachin is more consistent.

Thanks Sachin for the great batting displays.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is true Haider;) ,The more higher Profile Batsmen seem to receive constant recognition thanks to the Huge Publicity generated and given to them.Batsmen like Dravid,Laxman,Symonds,are less renowned it seems.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Haider said:
Hi i am back after being without net as we were shifting apartments
Sachin is a great batsman, my only gripe is that he is remembered for miniscule things while other great Indian players like Dravid etc are hardly appreciated. I am willing to bet that a year down the lane no one will remember what Dravid did this series and everyone will be talking how Sachin made that unbeaten 240.
Fully agreed ... In fact i felt that Kumble had a strong case for the man of the match award for the final test ... it was a batsman friendly track and many batsmen scored .. but only one bowler shone in that game ...

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Schumy said:
I wanted to talk about perhaps the worlds best batsman TODAY Sachin tendulkar.When this guys on song he's arguably unstoppable and simply brilliant to watch.His shot playing and footwork is reminiscent of a true champion and his sportsmanship is second to none.
Sachin to you Thanks for the Brilliance.:)
See the word that changed the whole thing is today!

·
Registered
425 Posts
sachin

Everyone Should know the Weaknesses of Tendulker but yet it's amazing that someone of his height can play like that im amazed by his shot selection but i still dissapointed that some bowlers of today cannot exploit his weaknesses.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
He's possibly not the best batsman in the world at the moment, but I would say he is the best of his generation. You also have to respect the fact he has been so great for so long and hs done so under the emense pressure of the fanatical Indian fans.

Tendulkar and Sehwag at the top of the Indian ODI batting card is just :drool:.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gees how good is that Laxman and also Dravid what an attacking order India has.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts