Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sacchi set for Real

:wallbang: :wallbang:

Arrigo Sacchi looks ready to seal a shock return to football with Real Madrid next week.

The Italian has been tipped to arrive as a general manager or director of football at El Santiago Bernabeu as early as Tuesday.

Real are keen to add some top-level experience to their management structure with coach Mariano Garcia Remon in his first major job.

The club have refused to confirm that the former Italy coach will join in the near future, but president Florentino Perez is expected to announce Sacchi's signing at a board meeting next week.

"Sacchi? It is not the time to talk about that now," said director of sport Emilio Butragueno.

"I insist that this subject is secondary for now. There will be time to talk about it in the future."

Sacchi has been out of football since leaving his post as manager of Parma in the 2002-03 season due to health concerns

For me ... its SUCKS !!! :stress: :stress: :stress: :stress: :stress:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=245152

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
all copy and paste articles go into the Copy and Paste thread.

If you open a thread than use the link and please give an opinion. We already have Carson under controll dont need any others :D

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Big time sucks!

Why him? appalling Perez yet again, he is fast losing it like Raul is has a football player!

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Tony Montana said:
Big time sucks!

Why him? appalling Perez yet again, he is fast losing it like Raul is has a football player!
Raul scored the equaliser yesterday and worked his socks off in the 2nd half.

Support our captain or pi$$ off.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Why are people against this move?

It's not like he's going to be our President or our Manager. He's going to take Emile Butragueno's position right now as Sports Director.

Sacchi is a highly defensive oriented soccer person, though, so we may see some defensive signings.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Like Bonera ftrom Parma who shipped in 5 goals against Totti and Co?

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Tony Montana said:
Big time sucks!

Tisk . . . Tisk . . . Tisk . . . :rolleyes: . . . Tony Montana . . . you're supposed to manifest the gung-ho ferocity, as your name suggests, supporting your club (as your club name suggests also) with the highest appreciation and through unpredictable expectancy (I might add) of what the consequences might be; or the irrelevance of it by committing to your club 100% . . . No . . . not 75 or 80, but 100%. Most of your posts are fuelled with negative vitriolics (in 'Scarface' fashion) and agitated hopelessness, that I am most surprised why you even bother supporting Real in the first place, if you seem to be suffering some kind of an anxiety attack when Madrid are performing below par then find the remedy through stoic optimism or just change your club preference as soon as possible. I think you have every right to criticize to a certain extent and to voice them by any means, and that extent should be where you must provide a pros-and-cons perspective on Madrid's situations, fairly . . . not by infusing your comments with disparaging or cynical slurs or through "Losers, why do I even support this club" histrionics . . . because you must provide, at least, some kind of an articluate observation once in a while . . . but hey, correct me if I am wrong, or probably I might be getting the wrong impression, but as far as I am concerned you should show a encouraging devotion to your club by posting thoughtful views (which is the whole basis of this forum) rather than unconstructive tirade and if you can't take it . . . well, take El Fenómeno's second paragraph as an advice . . . I have said it before and I will say it again . . . if you don't like it . . . take it as a personal opinion (if you want to) :).

El Fenómeno. So far your performance as a poster has been brilliant!!! To say the least . . . Keep up the good work!!!! :thmbup:

El Mariachi says: "Hala Madrid! and Take it Easy"

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
Sacchi is a highly defensive oriented soccer person, though, so we may see some defensive signings.
That is strange coming from a Real fan to be honest. I mean you guys felt the full brunt of that defensive football in 1989. When was the last time Real Madrid CF got hammered 5-0 in a European game?

1989 - ECC Semi 2nd leg: AC Milan Vs. Real Madrid CF -> 5-0

1st Leg: 1-1 (Goal disallowed for offside that would've given Milan a 1-2 win). The Bernabeu applauded the Milan team that night with a standing ovation and claps as they saw champagne football of the highest level.

Calling him "highly defensive" is exaggerated to say the least. ;)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
and sacchi would add some much needed brains to real madrid

casue currently you are beyond low in that respect

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
For some of U so-called fans Love is blind!

I cannot tolerate shit performances, U can!

So am I now to be gagged, grow up!

Is Raul playing good?
Has Sacchi's time been and gone?
Has Perez completely lost the plot?

These are the key issues, which people do not discuss, instead have a rosy picture of Madrid doing well. Do we watch the same games this season?

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Raul got a goal last game...he should have gotten two if it wasn't for a great reflexive save by santander keeper...and he had a great assist to Owen for the goal...only for it to be cancelled because of handball....so stop your Raul cussin all the time...

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Considering Sacchi...I thought he was brought as a replacement for GR...that would suck..but if he is a replacement for butre...it's ok

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
C'mon... does anyone believe that Sacchi is going to do anything in the club? It's just another trick of Perez, he's too exposed to the press and he needs a shield. Valdano is gone, Butragueño is missing and Sacchi is going to be there to receive "punches". That's all.

Perez will keep doing the signings, Sacchi will be a noone.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Actually my point was that as long as Sacchi won't be our coach I don't care what he is at the club 'cause Perez runs the thing anyway..

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Koeman4 said:
C'mon... does anyone believe that Sacchi is going to do anything in the club? It's just another trick of Perez, he's too exposed to the press and he needs a shield. Valdano is gone, Butragueño is missing and Sacchi is going to be there to receive "punches". That's all.

exactly...
like replacing Butragueño or GR will solve our problems...
perez will let no one decide on anything, doesn't matter who is the coach or the sport director. perez will be the only one deciding who to play and who to sign.

Primitivc said:
Actually my point was that as long as Sacchi won't be our coach I don't care what he is at the club 'cause Perez runs the thing anyway..
you don't care? why? your club president is bringing someone to the management that you think we don't need at all. you don't care about your club wasting money for nothing...

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
OK I care to an extent...but Perez is around so Sacchi will be a muppet anyway...so his appointment is just a farce...if we didn't have Perez...it would matter, ATM it doesn't

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Koeman4 said:

sad but true.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Yesterday I heard Santi Segurola (El Pais) in the radio and he said something that it's true. Valdano was "cheap" for Real Madrid, because he did all what Florentino wanted, gathered in one person. He was Sport Manager, spokesman and the link between the Board and the team. Now Florentino needs 3 or 4 people to do the same job.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts