Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Tanzi era is over and a new president will be appointed and it seems we are down to two choices, both of them very familiar: Arrigo Sacchi and Luca Baraldi. Prandelli quasi-confirmed that it will be one of those two ("Sacchi or Baraldi as new president? They are people of football and right now we need directors who know the ambient. Both of them have worked for the club in the past, and both of them would be perfect for this role"), the question is, who do you prefer?

Sacchi has served the club in three posts: coach, general director and counselor. As a coach, he did good but left early. The fruits of his job as General Director we all know: If Parma has a decent squad it's basically because of him. He brought in and gave trust to Prandelli (and what a move that was!), he did the whole project and although Tosi did go some way in damaging it by selling Mutu and Appiah, with Sacchi back his work cannot be questioned. He probably doesn't know much about the financial aspects of running a club. Nebiolo seems quite competent (he was Sacchi's choice as well) but can we have a president that does not interfere with that? Parma's financial situation is delicate; He stepped down as general director cause he couldn't handle the stress (well, that was the official reason), can he handle it now?

Baraldi was Sacchi's assistant during his time as general director. For us, he did a good, although not very publicised job as he was working under Sacchi's directions. I still remember his fully honest interviews. Then, Parma let him go to Lazio where he showed his worth by creating the "Baraldi-plan", a long term financial scheme to save Lazio from bankrupty. He also played an important role in the football market of Lazio. He has already showed he can work under pressure in a club with many problems.

Both from Parma, both apparently have been Parma fans their whole life. Who do you prefer?

Ideally, I'd prefer Sacchi as president with Baraldi as general director. Nebiolo can become financial director or something. That tandem worked great under a moron like Tanzi, now on their own they could do even better, even with limited resources...

But if I had to go with one of them, I'd prefer Baraldi solely due to his success with Lazio.

By the way, Umberco Tracanella, who is Bondi's lawyer dealing with Parma issues, when asked whether Parma has a future by journalists outside the club offices replied: "Of course, yes.".

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Sacchi:strong:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I'd actually prefer Baraldi. I can't say I'm fully aware of all the tasks of a president, but Baraldi strikes me as the adminastrive (sp?)one. He's more into the financial game and all the things around how a club is run. Especially from his earlier experience with Parma and now also at Lazio. That gave him alot of experience.

Sacchi is more the footballing mind. More on the sporting side rather then the adminastrative. Plus with his health beeing a questionmark. It would be a bit disturbing if our new president would have to resign after a couple of months due to healthproblems. Plus I want him to be involved in the sporting side of the club, transferstratagies and such.

Ideally I'd want Baraldi as president, Sacchi as sporting director and Nebiolo (I think he's done a good job in a really bad situation) as financial director. If this all would be possible offcourse.
Don't think it would be though.

But either one of Baraldi and Sacchi would be supersweet as president. :)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Baraldi for president for me...I don't believe general director is a post he would like for long...Nothing against Sacchi at all, both would do good as president...but I would like the club to have Baraldi and keep him and giving him presidency is the only way he will stay put. He is one of the most important men in football having him on-board would guarantee a very good future. General Director will involve more work obviously but I still feel Baraldi is looking for power, General Director is not that position. :)

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Financially Baraldi, because of his savour job of Lazio, but I like Sacchi too.

Just get either of them inm A.S.A.P!

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Baraldi for the administrative duty & Sacchi for the signing/scouting players, have co-presidents:)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Can somebody make a poll of this this thread...I want to see some stats...:tongue:

And...well I don't know how to make a thread to include a poll...:eek:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
You can't, only Verdi or AMO can do it;)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
GaGa said:
Damn...:eek: I spent 20 minutes looking around for what...ever...just to do it...:eek: :howler:
Well You are oficially the idiot of the forum then!:D :tongue:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
GaGa said:
Wasn't I already? :D :howler:
Hm. Yes you was. Sorry my misstake!:tongue:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Anyways, Amo...Verdi can one of you set up a poll...on Sacchi or Baraldi : who should be the next president of Parma. :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Baraldi as president and Sacchi as head scout would be brilliant.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
VERDI said:
Baraldi as president and Sacchi as head scout would be brilliant.
He's been head scout for a long time I think, I'm sure not in the official capacity of having it as his job status but more in the behind the scene type of way...I think if any player was coming to the club sacchi would have a say in if he is good enough.

He's always being quoted in the Italian press as looking at a player or flying out to see players. Just last month he was quoted as saying he just flew to South America to look at Fabiano...:)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I just hope Sacchi could be given some cash to express himself to a 100% in the sense that he could buy most of the, realistic, targets of his. Players like Fabiano, Perrotta and Vidic.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
VERDI said:
I just hope Sacchi could be given some cash to express himself to a 100% in the sense that he could buy most of the, realistic, targets of his. Players like Fabiano, Perrotta and Vidic.
Well if the english bankers story is true then we won't need those players...;) :tongue: :D

But I doubt that story has truth to it...:groan:. 300 billion dollars is not needed to invest in a football club...unless we have some pretty AMBITIOUS MUTHFUKAS...:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts