Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
If we get the double this year and play at the current level for another season, then I might think about it.

We had a better players back then though.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
JKris said:
Capello had the easiest job out of these as he inherited a world beeter team. Sacchi and Carletto had to make the team.
To some extent yes, but you seem to forget that when Capello took over, he had a team which was as a lot of so called "pundits" were claiming that the players were finished and didn't have the same will to fight and win as they had already won everything. The team was also bit demoralized after the schocking exit in the Champions Cup by Marseille (God how much I hated them bastards...:fero::yuck: ) and add to this an ever increase drift inside the dressing room with a growning dislike for Sacchi and his dictatorial methods and add some personal clashes between players like Gullit - Donadoni but also Sacchi - Van Basten and you can imagine how things were not rosy at all.

Then, Capello took over, instilled a new desire in the players to fight on the pitch and give their best, to solve the dressing room problems and by making it very clear that he was the one in charge and making the decisions, not the players. His tremendous natural leadership qualities coupled with his genius tactical mind turned the players into probably the most outrageously dominating club team in the history of the game ever.

So yes he had the base, but needed to add the missing ingredients to take the team to the next level and get the most out of the players at his disposal.

However, I also have a soft spot for Sacchi and his Immortali team. After all, that's the team that I initially fell in love with. :heart: :star::proud:

FORZA ARRIGO!!!:star:
FORZA DON FABIO!!!!:star:
FORZA CARLETTO!!!!:star:

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!!:heart::star:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
San Siro said:
with a growning dislike for Sacchi and his dictatorial methods and add some personal clashes between players like Gullit - Donadoni but also Sacchi - Van Basten and you can imagine how things were not rosy at all.

Then, Capello took over, instilled a new desire in the players to fight on the pitch and give their best, to solve the dressing room problems and by making it very clear that he was the one in charge and making the decisions, not the players. His tremendous natural leadership qualities coupled with his genius tactical mind turned the players into probably the most outrageously dominating club team in the history of the game ever.
FORZA ARRIGO!!!:star:
FORZA DON FABIO!!!!:star:
FORZA CARLETTO!!!!:star:

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!!:heart::star:

Cheers.;)
Payman, did you notice that the Dutch trio were all at Sacchi's table during 100 years of Milan party. That sure must mean something

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Really? I didn't know that as I could'nt see it.

But tell me, how strong was the drift between Sacchi and Van Basten? As far as I know, it seems that Marco went to Berlusconi and told him: "either he leaves or I leave". Is that true???:eekani:

Another thing: is it true that Gullit at one time was having fun with Galliani's wife?:stress::howler:

There's also a funny quote I saw once from an Italian female journalist after that Gullit had shaved his mustache:

"Gullit non ha la stessa penetrazione di prima"...:howler::howler:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
All true.

Galliani, didn't really cry though. He loves "change":tongue:

The Van Basten/Sacchi affair is true, but as said in my last post, at that party MVB and Sacchi were sitting at the same table.

La giornalista banged by Ruud "big biscione" Gullit is called Licia Graniello:)

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
I agree with that Cappello had the easiest job, but Carletto's Milan hasn't reached the status that the other two had.
As I said, if we win Champions League and play just like we're doing, then we compare.

Carletto has succeeded for 1 season so far. The other two have played, and won, a lot more.

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Of the current coaches in Europe only Fergie and Hitzfeld match or surpass Capello and Sacchi in terms of trophies. Carletto has a long way to go. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
He's got some potential though, specially with this Milan.

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
Of the current coaches in Europe only Fergie and Hitzfeld match or surpass Capello and Sacchi in terms of trophies. Carletto has a long way to go.
It's not just about winning. It's about how we win. Last season our road to the final was probably one of the toughest in the history of the competition.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts