·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another article pasted from onefootball.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacchi blocks Juventus move for Di Vaio

Thursday 18th April 2002

Parma technical director Arrigo Sacchi has insisted that Italy striker Marco di Vaio will not leave the club this summer, despite interest from Juventus.

"Di Vaio's contract expires in 2006 and he will be with us next season at the very least," said the legendary former AC Milan boss.

Juve have turned their attention to Di Vaio after abandoning interest in Udinese's Roberto Muzzi and Adrian Mutu of Verona.

But the Turin club have already had a £30 million offer for defender Fabio Cannavaro turned down by Parma and now look likely to lose out in their chase for sought-after Di Vaio.

"I know Juventus are looking at me," said the forward, whose side lie just three points off the relegation zone.

Sacchi knows he may be forced to let Di Vaio leave should the Gialloblu drop down to Serie B.

And it is thought he could also be tempted to open talks with Juve should they offer highly-rated midfielder Matteo Brighi, currently enjoying an excellent season on loan at Bologna, in part-exchange for either Cannavaro and Di Vaio

Di Vaio has always made it clear that his priority is to play regularly and he would think twice about a move to Juve where he would be behind Alex del Piero and David Trezeguet in the pecking order.

The nippy forward has scored 17 goals in 30 Serie A appearances this season and forced his way into Italy coach Giovanni Trapattoni's World Cup calculations.

Trap has already made it clear that Christian Vieri, Marco Delvecchio, Del Piero, Filippo Inzaghi and Vincenzo Montella are the five strikers he will take to the World Cup, but Di Vaio is next in line should any of them be injured.

The Parma star played the second half of Italy's 1-1 draw with Uruguay on Wednesday and insisted he had not yet given up hope of travelling to Japan and Korea with the Azzurri.

"I read in the newspapers that I will not take part in the World Cup but I hope to force Trapattoni to consider me as well," he said. "I tried to score at the end but I was unlucky."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought Canna was certain to leave, but according to that, which might be rubbish, that Canna might be staying. Same goes with Marco.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Canna(His world cup performances will alert clubs to his talents) will go I am sure of that, but Di Vaio(Who knows)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Sacchi rejected the deal because he wants Brighi and Juve wouldn't let us have him.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
A couple of... let's say questionable ;) sites today reports that Canna will go to Juve with Maresca, C. Zenoni and € going the other way, for a total valuation of 35-40 million€ .

I don't know if there's any truth to this of course, but from a Juve perspective the deal is not bad (apart from the fact that buying Canna is completely unnecessary to begin with).

Like I've said before- with Lamouchi at Parma as the dynamic allround midfielder- I think Maresca is actually the better option as opposed to Brighi. On Zenoni however- I don't think I would quite understand that unless Sartor or Diana is sold, in which case that would make alot of sense too. Having all 3 of them seems pretty stupid to me.

I would hate to see Maresca go, but as Lippi don't want to play him in his position, it's better both for Juve and Maresca that he's sold.

Let's see what happens.

Ciao.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts