Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any truth in Sabry's transfer from Benfica to Real Madrid? I heard it is all over the news in Portugal. Anything confimred from the Spanish side? Any rumors? Thanks for your reply!

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing about this rumuor was said on Portuguese Media.Absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Hehe, when I earlier todasy looked at the thing: newest member and saw: Carlos Gambino, I immediately hoped he was gonna be another Madrid fan and maybe I'm right :) Are you Carlos?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Obviously u poeple just like making fun of other people....my message answers your question: 'who the hell is Sabry'.....he's the number 1 star in Benfica..scored almost every game in the last 7 or 8. Anyway, u don't know who the hell is Sabry...soon enough u shall know very well...

Peace out.

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sabry Abdel Satar is a 26 year-old from Egypt. I know he played with Lisboa before going to Benefica but I don't know anything else about him.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, Sabry is an egyptian midfielder/striker, lethal with his left foot. Very skillful, very high dribbling and passing techniques, comparable with top-notch Brazilian players, least to say. Extremely fast, probably one of the fastest out there. He transfered from Al-Mokawiloon in egypt in 1996, only to go to a team in Switzerland. inone season, he transfered to Tirole in Austria. After two seasons, he transfered to PAOK in Greece. last season he was bought by Benfica for $2,000,000, and has become their number one star in just a few games. He has scored in 80% of the games he played so far. his weaknesses are definitely his defensive capabilites, and the fact that he is relatively thin worries some coaches too. Was on the team that won the African cup of Nations for Egypt in 1998, beatng S Africa 2-0 in the final. Arguably more skillful than Jay Jay Okosha, probably the most skillful in Africa today. You can follow up his news on the Benfica mforum, read what they say about him, or at http://ww.egyptiansoccer.com (actually, his picture is in the background of the first page - not the introductory page).
let me know if I can be of further help!

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
We understand you're an Egyptian judging by the nick Ramses II :) so we would like to know if you're not getting a bit to carried away here. I mean if he's that great why hasn't he yet played in a great club? And how old is he?!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Labas, I just said he was 26 years old above. duh! =) =)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Oops! :eek: Sorry :eek:

Anyway 26 isn't all that young, so I wouldn't be getting to carried away with this Sabry fella.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, I am not going to get into this argument of 'Egyptian so biased, etc, etc,', all I can say is this: I am just giving you information, was hoping to come up with some from your side. As for me being biased or emotional, I am not, he is not among my top favorite players in Egypt...but the fact is, he is very talented, doing very well, I mean EXTREMELY well in Benfica, and there is a huge demand on him lately. Instead of asking about my emotions towards him, I suggest you check the Benfica forum on xtraime and see what they have been saying about him, in the last 3 months.....he is 26, and I think the next couple of years are going to be his peak, that's the nature of most of the North African players...he is not your typical N African by the way, he's from South Egypt.

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
OK, thx for the info! The problem is no one from Spain has ever heard about him possibly coming to Real Madrid. Still many thx and let's hope he's as good as you say :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts