Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sabry gave anew interview today at a paper,he seems decided to leave Benfica.He was asked about his future and he told that he has three bids one from Real Madrid,one from Liverpool and one from Everton.He said that everything will clear after the Euro where Benfica will search for a replacement but his will is to leave Benfica and Portugal and his agent is working on that subject.He said that he wants to play 5 more years abroad and then return to PAOK and Greece where he considers it his second home.He also said that Benfica gets 90,000 people in the stadium every week but they are nothing in front of 10,000 PAOK supporters.He also said that he is honured by the bids from Real and Liverpool but what he really wants is to play for Barcelona and that would be a dream come true.

Thats all,sorry for the bad news guys...

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Not true, I just read couple of weeks ago in an Egyptian Magazine that he will stay in Benfica and he likes Portugal.. He says he like Benfica (esp. the Fans because they like him!!!!!!!!) and will learn the language.. I dont think this is true. I agree Ramses, he said he wants to retire in Egypt..

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know what he said in Egyptian mags but thats what he said in a Greek newspaper yesterday...moreover,he didnt said he will retire at Greece.He said that he will return in 5 years,Sabry will be 30 or 31 by then...he can play 2 years here and then go to Egypt and retire,if Hossam Hassan can play at 37 then Sabry can as well...

"Not true",are you questioning my honesty? because the last thing I could care is make up news about Sabry,like it or not.

------------------

R

·
0 Posts
Interesting, but he said in an interview to an Egyptian newspaper last week that he loves benfica fans, and that he feels home at Benfica. he also said that he would like to retire in Egypt, and not in Greece! As for a transfer, I don't see how he would ever turn down Real Madrid....

Ramses II

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

·
International
5,629 Posts
Benfica will only let him go for a ridiculous amount of money and possibly a replacement for Sabry the Magician...He has been treated like gold and he knows it by the Benfica fans! I seriously doubt this story.

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you want to hear that "yeah you are right guys,I mde up the story to fool you" then you will never hear it...its fine with me,dont believe me and I dont care,but if he leaves,expect a big I "TOLD you SO" topic with a line full off "hahaha".Got it? :(

VIVA SPORTING THE CHAMPIONS OF PORTUGAL!!!

------------------

·
International
5,629 Posts
I am questioning the story because it's contradictory to what he stated previously! Why would he contradict himself?? He only looks bad as a result!
Only immature people write haha topics, but if you feel obliged please do so. :(

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
A player of Sabry's talent is bound to attact offers from other clubs, but I don't think Sabry's going anywhere. We won't know for sure until after Euro2000, when Benfica has finished its signings/transfers. Sabry's their best player and they know it - they're not going to let him go for any price unless they have a backup plan, especially in light of the improvements Sporting has made so far.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you want me to say man? I post here the story to inform you and I get three guys practically calling me "lier".Do you think I should say "thanx very much guys". :(

------------------

·
International
5,629 Posts
Dude no one is calling you a liar unless you wrote the article yourself :) We are simply questioning the article not you. I am with Razor on this, Sabry will get a lot of offers he is an amazing player..but Benfica would be stupid just to let him go like that without getting a lot of compensation.
Relax, btw how did you like those Knicks last nite!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No I didnt write the article...

Thre Knicks were absolutely great last night.Even without Ewing and Spree with Camby struggling with injuries we have the guys in our pocket.GO NY GO! :)

------------------

·
Registered
646 Posts
Players often say different things to different papers in different countries. I guess they feel they woun't be compared - the internet is gonna change that.

Players often tell different stes of fans they love them even if they don't, what else are they gonna say. They love the attention they get back from the fans afterall. (this is not to say the comments said by sabry about Benfica are not actually meant)

Surely he'll have a minimum release fee in his contract.

R

·
0 Posts
Yea, I agree with Santamaria...players do say all kinds of stories when interviewed with different news agencies and magazines. The fact that he said this to a Greek magazine explains it all! I thought it was a Portugese media, so the story didn't make sense in the begining....

There seem to be offers to Sabry, that's very expected....but also the truth is, he likes Benfica very much, and he says it whenever he takes to Egyptian media, that he feels home in Benfica. I would take his word to Egyptian media, since this is his home, and this is his mother language. He may say good things about PAOK when he speaks to Greek media, and he will say good things about tirole, when he speaks to Austrian media! He is usually a very smart person in his interviews, that's all.

About his offers, there is nothing about it on the Spanish side....nothing, zip. But I heard from sources in Egypt about offers from 3 top clubs...but again, he would never bring up real Madirdin the picture unless there was a solid offer...

At the end, I think he should stay at Benfica a little longer...and I think he is worth a lot more than $6,0000,000....what do you think?

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Grow up AMOROSO!, whats wrong if I say "Not True" ?????????? Doesnt mean you are a liar !!! Whats not true is the Interview, the mag that published it maybe didnt put the true info. what has it got to do with you ?????????? Stop acting as if everyone is against you.. "Not True", I still cant see what wrong with it, and I will for sure take what he says in the Egyptian Mag coz noone in Egypt wants anything from him, but if he has an interview with the Greek Mag do you expect him to say PAOK sucks ?? No way !! He isnt playing in Egypt now and all Egyptians want from him is to know what he is planning for his future and all he said was "He loves Benfica very much and he considers Portugal and Benfica his second home, He also loves the Fans so much because he knows they love him" Thats it.. What kind of a guy would he be if he said "Benfica fans suck, they got 90K in the Stadium but PAOKS 10K are better"!!!!!!!!!!!! No player can say that about his current club unless he has problems with them...

Last but not least why did you add in that particular post "Viva sporting blah blah blah" ??? Teasing reasons because we all said it isnt true ??? Again Grow up...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First of all,Sabry was crying when he left PAOK and he attented the game with a PAOK shirt and scarf among the supporters chanting with them,that says it all.

Secondly,Sabry,if someone questions your credibility then its normal to get pissed of.I wonder why do you get annoyed by the "viva sporting" since you are obviusly a glory-hunter,no let me rephrase that,a sabry fan and not a benfica fan.You probably would have never heard of Benfica if Sabry hadnt gone there.

Get the facts right,Sabry was sold to Benfica against his will.

------------------

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
1. And why am I a glory-hunter mr.Amoroso ??? Do I support Manchester United ?? None of the teams I support won the league this season !!! I support Juventus, Benfica, Arsenal, None from Spain although I like Atletico Madrid, Kaiserslautern, I dont understand until now why am I a glory hunter ??

2. Clearly your memory needs some work, when I joined the forums I said I wasnt a die-hard Benfica fan, I wasnt supporting any portuguese club at all, although I WAS WATCHING AND FOLLOWING tHE PORTUGUESE LEAGUE WEEK BY WEEK, And I dont need to prove it.. The truth is I knew Benfica before you were even born and I liked them abit but didnt get angry when they lost like last years.. SO dont accuse anyone of not knowing a team or knowing anything about soccer.. What you always think is that you know much about soccer and know much more than anyone in the world, I dont claim to know more than you (because I really dont), but at least dont put stupid comments as "You never knew Benfica". Its just Stupid..Who never knew Benfica when he was young ???

3. If I am a Sabry fan then you are a AMOROSO fan not a Parma fan ??????? Stop the stupid comments again.. What would it mean if I were a Sabry Fan ??? Does it mean if Benfica loses 2-1 and Sabry scores I'd b happy ??? No way, I like Sabry and Benfica..And there is nothing wrong in starting to support a team just few months ago. I recall you started supporting Palmeiras just days ago.. Is that wrong ?? Or should I be born a Benfica fan ?? Case closed you are a AMOROSO fan and not Parma fan.

4. I dont know against or with his will and I dont care, I have proof and I can show you the interview anytime, except you wouldnt know how to read it. And I take what he says in his home like Ramses said.. He likes Benfica, enjoys it there and will stay there. Over, there is nothing wrong if you get us Inaccurate info,but dont always insist that they are true..

5. You probably never knew Parma before Amoroso got there.

BTW Even if Sabry left, I would still be a Benfica fan.

[This message has been edited by Sabry (edited 31-05-2000).]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Getting angry? :)

Ok,tell me honestly that if Sabry had NOT gone to Benficas you would support Benfica...had Sabry had not gone to Benfica you wouldnt support Benfica at all.BZZZZZ---> Sabry fan,not Benfica fan.

I'm not an Amoroso fan because I dont really like the guy.My nickname has to do with the exitment of his transfer.Also I dont support Palmeiras.In fact,I dont care if they win,loose,relegate or get the league...

------------------

R

·
0 Posts
This conversation is really making me laugh. I think you two should take it easy. The whole issue with Sabry's transfer or not will clear up in less than 5 weeks. As for being fans of Sabry or fans of benfica, I personally am a fan of Benfica BECAUSE Sabry plays for it. Nothing to be ashamed of. I know of Benfica being one of the most reputable teams in Europe since I was 8 years old, but I wasn't a fan. today, if benfica plays against any other team, I shall support Benfica! Nothing's wrong with that.....

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

1 - 20 of 29 Posts