Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m a Real Sociedad supporter and I´d like to know how´s Ricardo Sa Pinto. I know he got injured again, but is he already playing?
By the way Sporting is my favourite portuguese team. Three of your players (Oceano, Carlos Xavier and Sa Pinto) are loved here in Donosti. They are probably the 3 most committed foreign players who have played for Real Sociedad.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Sa Pinto's in a slump, which is a reason he hasn't started for a while. If he shows something worth having on the pitch in training he'll surely get his chance though.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
How does Sa Pinto having not played since his injury qualify as being in a slump. Don't you have to play at some less than impressive level over some period of time for it to be a slump?

Just asking.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
iparralde said:
I´m a Real Sociedad supporter and I´d like to know how´s Ricardo Sa Pinto. I know he got injured again, but is he already playing?
By the way Sporting is my favourite portuguese team. Three of your players (Oceano, Carlos Xavier and Sa Pinto) are loved here in Donosti. They are probably the 3 most committed foreign players who have played for Real Sociedad.
Welcome, iparralde! You should stop by more often. :)

As for Sa Pinto, unfortunately he's been injured for almost an entire season now. However, the good news is that he will finally be making his return this weekend!

I'm glad to hear Oceano, Xavier, and Sa are still remembered up there. All 3 were/are great players. Xavier and Oceano particularly are Sporting legends.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
F1Soccer-Por. said:
Sa Pinto's in a slump, which is a reason he hasn't started for a while. If he shows something worth having on the pitch in training he'll surely get his chance though.
Why? Why do you continue to comment on things you know nothing about?

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Penguin said:
Why? Why do you continue to comment on things you know nothing about?
Whoda thunk it that there would be a post in which I would be the more diplomatic one in telling F1 he's a moron?:D

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I know I am in the minority on this but, I'll be very happy to see Sa Pinto back in the starting line-up. He's been much maligned through out his career, but he's always been one of my favorites. He busts his butt on the pitch, he's passionate about club and country, and he does have a modicum of talent. He's not a goal-scorer (and never was), but he was alway mis-categorized as a center forward. He's a better winger or attacking mid.

Força Sa!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Penguin said:
I know I am in the minority on this but, I'll be very happy to see Sa Pinto back in the starting line-up. He's been much maligned through out his career, but he's always been one of my favorites. He busts his butt on the pitch, he's passionate about club and country, and he does have a modicum of talent. He's not a goal-scorer (and never was), but he was alway mis-categorized as a center forward. He's a better winger or attacking mid.

Força Sa!!
Who would you sit? Quaresma, Tonito, Ronaldo. I think at least two of those guys would start over Sa. I agree that he isn't a striker nor should he really play a support striker or no. 10 role therefore when Sa returns he will be sitting next to Pedro Barbosa on the bench. IMO

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I think Sa Pinto's in a slump because if you don't score from a definate scoring position there is no reason for you to play there. Simply put, Sa Pinto can't fit into the lineup. If Boloni stopped paying Jardel grace for coming back and sucking, maybe there'd be somewhere for Sa Pinto to fit in, but he just doesn't fit with the squad the way Boloni is running it. At least the last few times I've seen him play he's been in a slump.

Also how do you know I know nothing about it? Exactly, you don't so, "You shouldn't make comments about something you know nothing about."

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
england66 said:
Who would you sit? Quaresma, Tonito, Ronaldo. I think at least two of those guys would start over Sa. I agree that he isn't a striker nor should he really play a support striker or no. 10 role therefore when Sa returns he will be sitting next to Pedro Barbosa on the bench. IMO
It's an easy task this week since Quaresma is suspended and Niculae is injured. Therefore, there's a good chance he'll start this week.

However, when the squad is at full strength, he'll have to struggle and fight for playing time.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
F1Soccer-Por. said:
I think Sa Pinto's in a slump because if you don't score from a definate scoring position there is no reason for you to play there. Simply put, Sa Pinto can't fit into the lineup. If Boloni stopped paying Jardel grace for coming back and sucking, maybe there'd be somewhere for Sa Pinto to fit in, but he just doesn't fit with the squad the way Boloni is running it. At least the last few times I've seen him play he's been in a slump.

Also how do you know I know nothing about it? Exactly, you don't so, "You shouldn't make comments about something you know nothing about."
(note: Caps lock are about to be purposely left on for effect)

DUMBASS, YOU CAN'T BE IN A FRICKING SLUMP IF HAVEN'T PLAYED IN OVER A YEAR DUE TO INJURY!!!! YOU CAN'T SCORE NOR CAN YOU STRUGGLE TO SCORE IF YOU'RE NOT FIT TO PLAY. HE'S BEEN RECUPERATING FROM INJURY FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
england66 said:
i thought Sa Pinto has been injured for about a year or more. :D
Exactly the last time I saw him:D
But either way, even for a few months he'll still have to train before we can even talk about him getting on the pitch.

·
International
5,629 Posts
F1 have you ever read 66's signature?

You not only exceed that limit but gravity brakes haven't been invented yet to stop you.

When was the last time you saw Sa play? Just curious.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Penguin said:
It's an easy task this week since Quaresma is suspended and Niculae is injured. Therefore, there's a good chance he'll start this week.

However, when the squad is at full strength, he'll have to struggle and fight for playing time.

What's the lineup for this week, Mr. Penguin?

My choices -

Nelson
Quiroga, Hugo, Contreras, Tello
Bento, Bento
Martins, Tonito, Ronaldo
JVP

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
F1Soccer-Por. said:

it's been tirelessly proven time and time again on these boards that your wrong about this, that, and the other. Why not just sack up and admit to those wrongs instead of coming off like you have valued insight to add into the conversation.

You come off as an imbecile!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The lineup depends on whether fatass gets back from Brazil on time or not. He was supposed to be back today, but I haven't read the papers all day.

Without Fatass:

Nelson
Quiroga,Hugo :scream: , Contreras, Tello
P. Bento, Tonito
Ronaldo, JVP, Sa Pinto/Barbosa
Kutuzov

If Jardel plays, then remove SP/Barbosa and insert him.

Quaresma, Martins, Niculae, Beto, Rui Jorge, and Luis Filipe are all ruled out because of injury or suspension.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
RedEagle said:
F1 have you ever read 66's signature?

You not only exceed that limit but gravity brakes haven't been invented yet to stop you.

When was the last time you saw Sa play? Just curious.
No matter how many people tell him that, it's still not him. The kid is easily the most dense since the black hole was discovered. With that type of density, he must have a hell of an array of moons and planets orbiting that head of his.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Penguin said:
The lineup depends on whether fatass gets back from Brazil on time or not. He was supposed to be back today, but I haven't read the papers all day.

Without Fatass:

Nelson
Quiroga,Hugo :scream: , Contreras, Tello
P. Bento, Tonito
Ronaldo, JVP, Sa Pinto/Barbosa
Kutuzov

If Jardel plays, then remove SP/Barbosa and insert him.

Quaresma, Martins, Niculae, Beto, Rui Jorge, and Luis Filipe are all ruled out because of injury or suspension.
How come baresi is not in your lineup?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts