Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a current issue of a German soccer magazine called Bundes-Kicker which my friend brought back from Germany and they interviewed the 3 best soccer oddsmakers in Europe and one is a Serb named Djorde Zmajec (dont know if I spelled it right) and basically he and the other 2 are bookie odds makers who have a succes rate of usually 80% which is crazy and he basically predicted Man United 99 CL Cup, Brazil winning the last WC etc and when asked if Serbia will make the 2006 WC he said that he feels they wont cause they are in a transition period and he could forsee losing points in a tough group like they have but after saying that he made a pretty bold prediction and said that in Euro 2008 he predicts S&M to finish no less than 3rd place.
His reason is that you guys are in a transitional period where a lot of the old guard have to go and that the team ready for Euro 2008 Qualifiers will consist of a great crop that play for both big Belgrade clubs and some of your players that are in France right now will only get better. Then he said Kezman should be a 29 year old veteran and talked about other players whom names I forgot. Then when told thats a pretty big statement he said I get paid to study Football and he's a proffesional and that he whole heartedly feels they will make it to the Semi's.
Either this guy is a looney or will be proved a genius. EIther way its four years away.

:D

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Actually I think Renfurm mentioned this "trend", S & M (and in the past Yugoslavia) have a tradition of getting to the final stages of 2 tournaments in a row and then not being able to make it the next 2 editions. So Zmajcek will be wrong about Germany 2006. ;)

But he's right about Boskovic and Ljuboja, they will continue to develop and Kezman will turn out to be a flop.

My other predictions:

- Ivica Kralj will make a shock comeback at Radnicki Pirot and will become the best damn goalkeeper in the world in 2006!

- Dejan Savicevic will take over at Milan and lead them to the Serie C1/A, the main reason according to Dejo will be the wind at San Siro.

- P'zan will like many NBA teams change cities and move to Islamabad and officially take on the name of Punjabi FC.

:tongue:

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Of course we'll win Euro2008....but first we'll win WC2006 :D

Hey Drulo...I always wondered why you "Delije" liked to identify Partizan with Pakistan (Punjab is in India btw, learn some geography:tongue: ) but then I remembered how your main chant over the years was "Zvezda Indija, nikad Jugoslavija" and it all became clear to me :tongue:

·
©
7,230 Posts
It makes sense...kind of. By then SiCG should be very strong...

Ivica Kralj???:D For him to become best keeper in the world he will have to go train with 12 year olds again and learn basic positioning skills. Funny keeper to watch.

btw.. is Ivan Ergic involved in your NT yet?

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Andrija PFC said:
Hey Drulo...I always wondered why you "Delije" liked to identify Partizan with Pakistan (Punjab is in India btw, learn some geography:tongue: )
I knew that :tongue:, but ok specially for you:

- P'zan will like many NBA teams change cities and move to Islamabad and officially take on the name of Pakistan FC.

D11, the most shocking thing about Kralj is he was once the world's most expensive goalkeeper :eek:, talk about bad scouting by Porto.

Ergic played for our U21's but got injured a while ago, is back on track now and wants to establish himself even more at the EC for U21's in Germany.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts

zvezda indija&pakistan, nikad srbija :howler:

Ergic was involved with our U21 before, however he suffered from mononucleosis (spelling?) and was thus sidelined for multiple months - nearly ending his career.. Just recently he has began training again with Basel.. Hopefully he will reach his old form again :)

·
©
7,230 Posts
hehe... he was a great keeper when he didn't have to think and pulled off reflex saves. But when it came to simple things like positioning and concentration then he was horrible. And like most ex Yug keepers past and present, he didn't really leave his line very much.

Much like Drazen Ladic. Used to make some unbelievable saves and also some crazy mistakes.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
hehe... he was a great keeper when he didn't have to think and pulled off reflex saves. But when it came to simple things like positioning and concentration then he was horrible. And like most ex Yug keepers past and present, he didn't really leave his line very much..
Ivica Kralj was actually seeing a psychiatrist about a year and a half ago - When he was dropped to being PFC's third goalkeeper.. I still remember his moves against Holland at the Euro, its as if he is afraid of the ball coming towards him.. :rolleyes: Actually, at the end of he 2002 season (when he first made his return) I remember another one of his record book moves.. We played a terrible Radnicki Nis side (who were I think dead last), and one of their players from about half of the field made a simple lob (no Beckham spin, or Carlos type shot either) that I think even my half-blind grandfather would save, however it went over the 'maestro's' head and into the net.. I think Kralj was to obsessed with his usual precious little white socks being just done right, or his always special and unique goalkeeper sweater looking just right, that he forgot he was in an actual match and not a modelling shooting.."Since I can't be a goalie for a top Western Club, I may as well try to look like one".. :D

Or who knows, maybe we are being too harsh on the guy - He is from Montenegro afterall.. Just by asking him to suit up is enough, now we want him to make runs as well ? Who the hell do we think we are :howler:

As for him helping us make the CL..Hmm, I wouldn't say so.. he did make one big save against Shearer in extra time in England and save us big time..However, on the flip side the goal in Belgrade against Newcastle he did a poor job on (again similiar situation, stayed on his line when he could of come out and prevented a goal).. He did do well in the penalty shootout though, again it can be argued though that Newcastle's players simply made terrible attempts (I think they missed the net on two of their shots)..

I can't remember the last time we actually had a consistent goalkeeper that didn't make childish mistakes..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts