Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
England

-Park, Ji-Sung (Manchester United, Winger)

-Seol, Ki-Hyeon (Fulham FC, FW / Winger)

-Cho, Won-Hee (Wigan Athletic, MF / DF)

-Lee, Chung-Yong (Bolton Wanderers, Winger)

Germany

-Cha, Doo-Ri (SC Freiburg, RB)

Scotland

-Ki, Sung-Yong (Celtic, MF)

France

-Park, Ju-Young(AS Monaco, FW)

-Nam, Tae-Hee (Valenciennes, MF)

Russia

-Kim, Dong-Jin (Zenit St.Petersburg, LB or LW)

-Kim, Nam-Il(Tom Tomsk, MF)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Recent Rumours and News about other S.Koreans move to Europe

-Striker Cho, Jae-Jins failed to sign with Newcastle United. Still he is linked to with Westham United, Fulham Fc and Ajax. Cho is right now in England and looks like he is definitely going to play in Europe next season. Cho wants to play in England, so in the past he rejected some offers from FC Utrecht.

-RB Oh, Beom-Suk is trying to move to Krylia Sovetov Samara(RUS). Agreement with the team and player is done and it's only matter of sign the contract. But Oh's team Pohang is against this transfer and they're are trying to trade Oh to K-league team SeongNam. Pohang is furious that Oh initiated the transfer talk with Russia team without notification and their permission. However Oh claims that there's a buy-out clause in the contract with Pohang that if any other team who offers certain amount of transfer money, player can negotiate with the team without Pohang's permission.

-MF Kim, Do-Hyeon wants complete move to West Bromwich Albion, while WBA wants him on loan. WBA doesn't want to pay lot of transfer money on him.

-Wing, FW Choi, Sung-Gook recently took a test for Sheffield United, and still waiting for the result. However, it seems like Sheffield wants him on loan even if Choi passed the test.

·
Registered
58,943 Posts
Nice thread.

What about good old Chung Gog Song, is his trial with Fulham still going to take place with Lawrie Sanchez now gone?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wally said:
Nice thread.

What about good old Chung Gog Song, is his trial with Fulham still going to take place with Lawrie Sanchez now gone?
No, he is not going to EPL. He recently signed 3 year contract extension with his team Suwon Samsung.:) In fact, I don't think he is not the same level of player like he was in WC02'

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-Yoon, Bitgaram, One of the best player in our U-17 team is gonna take a test for Blackburn Rovers. Some news media says that Rovers' coach Mark Hughes wants him.:eek:

BitGaRam is central midfielder, and his playstyle is more like Lampard, Fabregas etc. His characteristic is like Lee, Chun Soo, very cocky and confident for himself. He was once criticized by fans saying he doesn't watch K-league because it's not fun.

Hope he pass the test and 'learn' something.:lazy:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Recent news

-Cho, Jae-Jin is lost in Europe:moan: He failed to sign with Newcastle and test for Portsmouth also went otherside. He is still contacting other teams, but it looks very hard for him to get a team. Now they say he gave up playing in EPL.:rolleyes:

-Lee, Ho who is not regular starter in St.Petersburg wants to move for Sheffield United where Choi, Sung Gook also took a test. It is sure that Ho is out of Advocaat's plan, so he will be transfered somewhere for sure.

-Kim, Gil-Sik who plays for FC Otelul Galati in Romania said that he wants to move bigger club for playing in good environment. He recently went to Korea to cure his back problems. FC Otelul Galati didn't let him go to Korea, but Kim ignored and had a successful treatment. He said medical support from the club is very limited and poor that's why he came to Korea. Kim also said he had offered from top Romania clubs which he indicates that he may not stay longer with Otelul Galati. His final goal is to play in Big leagues and CL.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Recent News

-Cho, Jae-Jin is struggling to find a new team in England. He took test for Portsmouth and Fulham, but it looks like he failed to impress others.:moan: There's a speculation that he might give up going to Europe, and return to K-League or J-League:doh: IMO, he can still try other teams in Europe, if he can't find appropriate team in England.

-Choi, Sung-Gook is officially done with Sheffield United. He is NOT going there, because of work permit issues and also military service problem. He said he will focus on K-League. And looks like KIM Do Hyeon is also giving up his chances to go Westbromwich. :groan:

All bad news to Koreans who wants play in Europe:irritate:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Official, Kim, Do-Heon joins WBA on loan with possible permanent move after a season.:party: Yesterday, he was granted a work permit, and passed medical test. I thought his deal was done, because both teams were not actively processing the move, but the player really wanted to play in England.

Now for Kim, he needs to adjust and learn Engish football well. He has sharp and powerful shots that can work effectively there. Only problem for Kim, is that he haven't finished his military service which is mandatory for all Korean male.:yuck: That will be a huge factor for Kim, if he wants to continue playing in England.

WBA have good chance to promote and play EPL in next season. That's a good news, also.:happy:

Other Korean players...still negotiating.:yawn:
Especailly, Oh, Beom-Suk deal is almost 90% done, if only Pohang makes final decision to let him go and do paper work for transfer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Park scored his first goal since coming back from injury yesterday and for my money was the best player on the pitch, his off the ball running is exceptional. speaking good english now also.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Park: Man Utd fear no-one in Champions League
tribalfooball.com - March 12, 2008

Manchester United midfielder Park ji-sung says they're capable of beating anyone in Europe ahead of Friday's Champions League quarterfinals draw.

He told ManUtd.kr: "We don't mind who we play next. Maybe it would be good for English football if we drew an English team but, for me, it doesn't matter.

"We don't worry about the opposition because we have good players and we've shown our quality this season. As long as we concentrate on our performance, we can beat anyone."

"We have the squad to win any competition," he added. "In the last few games our starting line-up has been quite different, but we're getting good results so we believe we can win the Premier League and Champions League."

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Tottenham fullback Lee: I think of PSV every day
tribalfootball.com - March 21, 2008

Tottenham fullback Lee Young-pyo has welcomed interest from former club PSV Eindhoven.
"PSV will always be my team," the South Korea international told psv.tv.

"My contract with Tottenham expires next summer and I will decide what I will do then. But I am still missing PSV every day."

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
great assist by Park yesterday after coming on against Boro.
Yeah, I also saw that one, great movement from Park. He seems like to help Rooney a lot.:D

So far, only Park and Dong-Jin Kim who plays for Zenit are the only player who seems to do well in this season. Others, I have bad feeling.:depress:

BeomSuk OH, and Do Hyeon Kim needs time to adjust, but the rest, just not good. They might be kicked out from the team:wallbang:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
LEE READY TO LEAVE BORO

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate has admitted that Lee Dong-Gook no longer features in his first-team plans.

The South Korean striker has endured a miserable 18-month spell at the Riverside, scoring just two goals, and has not featured in the Boro squad since the home win over Fulham on 9th February.

Lee rejected the opportunity to return to his former club Pohang Steelers on transfer deadline day, but looks certain to depart Teesside over the summer.

Having become a target for abuse from certain sections of the Boro faithful, Southgate confirmed that injuries to a number of his more favoured front men would be the only way in which Lee would be welcomed back into the fold.

"Obviously he hasn't been in the first-team squad for a little while," Southgate told the Middlesbrough Evening Gazette.

"I think it's been difficult for him in that I think he has not played as well as we might have hoped.

"But I think he has become a bit of a figure of getting a lot of stick and it's very difficult, especially at home, when I put him on.

"I think it's difficult for him to have any sort of a chance.

"For him and for the team I think it's been better to involve other players really.

"As for him playing again this season it depends on how the other strikers are doing really.

"We've obviously only got five games to go and I'm hopeful that the strikers we've got perform between now and the end of the season and score the goals that we want them to."

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LEE READY TO LEAVE BORO

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate has admitted that Lee Dong-Gook no longer features in his first-team plans.

The South Korean striker has endured a miserable 18-month spell at the Riverside, scoring just two goals, and has not featured in the Boro squad since the home win over Fulham on 9th February.

Lee rejected the opportunity to return to his former club Pohang Steelers on transfer deadline day, but looks certain to depart Teesside over the summer.

Having become a target for abuse from certain sections of the Boro faithful, Southgate confirmed that injuries to a number of his more favoured front men would be the only way in which Lee would be welcomed back into the fold.

"Obviously he hasn't been in the first-team squad for a little while," Southgate told the Middlesbrough Evening Gazette.

"I think it's been difficult for him in that I think he has not played as well as we might have hoped.

"But I think he has become a bit of a figure of getting a lot of stick and it's very difficult, especially at home, when I put him on.

"I think it's difficult for him to have any sort of a chance.

"For him and for the team I think it's been better to involve other players really.

"As for him playing again this season it depends on how the other strikers are doing really.

"We've obviously only got five games to go and I'm hopeful that the strikers we've got perform between now and the end of the season and score the goals that we want them to."
Not a suprise at all.:depress: Lee had his chances, but he didn't prove it while Tuncay did. I thought when Afonso Alves came to Boro,that was just end to Lee. He should look for other teams, but I don't think any europe teams will try to sign him.

I'll say come back to Pohang, they are struggling bad. And his fellow friend Jung-Hwan Ahn(yes, who scored Golden goal against Italy in WC02), and JongSoo Ko are so far playing well. Lee, Ahn, and Ko made K-league so popular in 98'~2000. Let's make that happen again.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Not a suprise at all.:depress: Lee had his chances, but he didn't prove it while Tuncay did. I thought when Afonso Alves came to Boro,that was just end to Lee. He should look for other teams, but I don't think any europe teams will try to sign him.

I'll say come back to Pohang, they are struggling bad. And his fellow friend Jung-Hwan Ahn(yes, who scored Golden goal against Italy in WC02), and JongSoo Ko are so far playing well. Lee, Ahn, and Ko made K-league so popular in 98'~2000. Let's make that happen again.
Story in the English press today that he will be moving back to Korea in the summer. At least Park played well last night:party:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
22/04/2008 14:40
Park: Hiddink Changed My Life
Manchester United's Korean midfielder Park Ji-sung says that Guus Hiddink, now coach of Russia, is to thank for the success he has enjoyed internationally and in Europe.

Park, 27, was one of Hiddink's star performers during South Korea's historic third-place finish in the 2002 World Cup, and the Dutch coach promptly rewarded him by bringing him along to Europe when he took charge of PSV Eindhoven.

"He's my mentor. Before I met him, I had never anything like the support and help I received from Hiddink. He changed my life once and for all, I owe everything that I am now to him," said Park, who would become the first South Korean to win the Champions League if Manchester United manage to go all the way in the world's elite club competition this season.

Park went on to confirm that Manchester United is steadily establishing themselves as the most popular European football club in South Korea.

"Yes, the country is very passionate about United, but also there was a time that Real Sociedad, which had South Koreans playing for them, was popular as was PSV."

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
22/04/2008 14:40
Park: Hiddink Changed My Life
Manchester United's Korean midfielder Park Ji-sung says that Guus Hiddink, now coach of Russia, is to thank for the success he has enjoyed internationally and in Europe.

Park, 27, was one of Hiddink's star performers during South Korea's historic third-place finish in the 2002 World Cup, and the Dutch coach promptly rewarded him by bringing him along to Europe when he took charge of PSV Eindhoven.

"He's my mentor. Before I met him, I had never anything like the support and help I received from Hiddink. He changed my life once and for all, I owe everything that I am now to him," said Park, who would become the first South Korean to win the Champions League if Manchester United manage to go all the way in the world's elite club competition this season.

Park went on to confirm that Manchester United is steadily establishing themselves as the most popular European football club in South Korea.

"Yes, the country is very passionate about United, but also there was a time that Real Sociedad, which had South Koreans playing for them, was popular as was PSV."
Yeah, Park should always say thanks to Hiddink.:thumbsup: Actually, Park was first recognized by coach Jung-Moo Huh, who is our current NT coach right now, but it was Hiddink who found his potential and build him as a top player.

Before that he was just a normal defensive midfieder(his running-defense ability starts from here), but Hiddink changed him as right wing foward in WC02' which made a huge success. And of course, Hiddink take him to PSV with him, and his saga starts.:heart:

About, Park's comment, I guess it is almost right that Manchester United is probably most popular club in S.Korea. I mean EPL is probably more watched by people than K-League. :lick:

Before that there was PSV where Hiddink, Park and Lee spent time together. I'm not so sure about Real Sociedad was popular in S.Korea because Chun-Soo Lee(who is playing Feyenoord, right now) didn't play much. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Good to see he still gets on with Hiddink, there seemed to be some words exchanged after Park left PSV with Hiddink saying it was too early for him to move to a major club.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts