Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The United States' next two foes face off Tuesday morning. Add your comments to the match here.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Its half time !!
Sth Korea have slapped Polands ass red raw , Poland aint out of it yet but Sth Korea are very dominent, It would have to be a major turnaround in momentum before I see Poland back in this one !!

Sth Korea 1 Poland 0

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now it is 2-0 S. Korea. I don't know if I should be happy that Poland is getting routed or frightened by Korea's level of play.

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
S. Korea totally dominated the "all so powerful" Poland, with the score easily could be 4-0! Poland never posed any offensive threat in the game, and their defense was slow and porus, leaving Dudek to fend for himself time after time!

It's very clear that Poland can be defeated by any team with speed. Not sure how to deal with the Koreans though, as Poland never exposed their weakness today.

Thanks to Poland, S. Korea have now gained tremendous confidence and are now favorites to advance to second round.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
IMO Sth Korea definately one of the more impressive 1st game played performers so far along with Italy , Argentina & Nigeria , Germany & I thought even though they drew , Japan could hold there heads high !!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, now that S. Korea has won a WC match in front of its home crowd, I won't feel bad for them when the U.S. defeats them! :D

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Herndonite said:
Well, now that S. Korea has won a WC match in front of its home crowd, I won't feel bad for them when the U.S. defeats them! :D
The way they played today I will be happy if Portugal can squeeze a point off them !!

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Asians are not kidding;)

That was an amasing performance from South Korea:cool: Absolutely unexpected, but they grew into a real team.

I heard that their coach was not happy with the players he saw in their league, and actually did some scouting in the Amateur university leagues. I'm not sure, but i think that the scorer of the second goal is one of the guys he picked up from there.

Asians is taking football seriously. This world cup will bring many changes to the world of football.

G

·
I have to agree with ACA they played 10 times better then i expected them to play. Poland look highly inferior and if they come out like like there next game it will be 3 and done for them. Like someone else said , i dont know how to react i am glad the poles didnt look threatning at all but i am alot more worried about the koreans. They really showed that they can play.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I wasn't surprised at all by the Koreans. In 94 they came from 2 goals down to tie Spain. If the game had lasted another 5 minutes they would have scored. Endless energy. They can go full tilt for 90.

The Poles did not look impressive at all. I think the World Cup is too big for them. They seemed awed at all that has been going on. This has got to be some sort of culture shock for many of these players. It sure looked like high speed, hi tech, 21st century football, also called Asian Ball, left the 20th century plodding Polish brand of Eurotrash Ball smelling its methane exhaust.:fero: :cool: :angel:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Koreans

Kerry,

Like you, I am not surprised by the South Koreans. Their matches this spring showed that they are quick and potent.

I am worried about the tough work ethic their midfielders show. They may disrupt us so much, we become disorganized and put back on our heels. It is CRUCIAL that we set the tone early and take it to them! We can deal with their quickness otherwise better than the Poles did.

I would gloat at the Poles, but he who laughs last, laughs best. (Old Korean saying).

Oldplayer

G

·
I am not saying that the koreans wont do the same to us , but the Poles biggest weakness is there ability to defend the seppedy koreans. Unlike the poles the majority of our defendersand flank players have excelent pace. minus agoos , all 4 of our susposed starting defenders have pleny of speed. Not to mention jitterbug is as fast as anyone in the world and stewart may not have the wheels he used to , but he can still fly. I think that was the biggest problem for the poles. The Koreans played very compact and were very organized. That is nothing new to us and neither are there stlye. Lets not forget we have played them 2 times already. They know as much about us as we know about them. I expect no surprises in terms of the ability and play. The biggest factor going into the game wth them will ne momentum , and right now they have the advantage over us there. But to an extent they were susposed to win , if we can upset the " Golden Gerneration" expect that game to be a one of the best games of the tournament

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
I understand the S Koreans all had 2 or 3 pieces of ex-lax before the game..... :dielaugh: ...........................................What we are about to find out is...... if the chocolate rush or the laxative properties of the snack are what did the trick....They ran like Demons all night long ....
Something worked for them, and at the precise timing...
:eek:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Re: Koreans

Oldplayer said:
Kerry,

I would gloat at the Poles, but he who laughs last, laughs best. (Old Korean saying).

We can do that after our game with the Poles:D ;)

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Korea played very inspired soccer today....what a performance by them. I was disapointed in Poland not because they lost, but because how dirty they played.

What impressed me the most was the way Korea played the game...very much in the Dutch influence of "total football." Every player got involved, constant movement off the ball, players making runs, and they used their speed to beat the slow Polish defenders. Also, what was impressive was that Korea played a very clean game considering the amount of times they got hacked by the Poles, not one player retaliated and they should be commended for that.

The fans also were great..."The Red Devils" as the called themselves..loud, constant cheering and singing....

Korea will be difficult to beat even by Portugal....

Poland did not impress at all, they are like the Russians, I call them the mystery team because nobody has seen them play...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts