Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ecuador lost the first game..future looks dim

Uruguay with 1 point..and 1 game left..future looks dim

Brazil.won the first game with the ref's help..future looks better than the first two.

Paraguay one point, one game left....future is one foot on the airplane back to Asuncion MINUS Maldini.

Argentina..future looks cloudy at BEST...They need to beat Sweden in the last game or their WC presentation for this 2002 Ocassion is over.

Our Teams are really making it hard to believe that we are as good as we KNOW we are ..

;)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I am not happy abot our teams too.As you said we know that they are good but they don't show this to the others.

Uruguay may be in a situation with four teams in the same points.Then everything is fortune because of better goal average.

Paraguay needs South Africa not win tomorrow and then a win against Slovenia.There are still hops,although they are few.

Brazil will qualify easily and Ronaldo and Denilson will keep giving as wonderful football.

Argentina i believe they will win Sweden and every thing will end good in the group stage.

For Ecuador it will be very difficult to qualify and i give them very few chances.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
its pretty obvious now that conmebol is worse than what i was in 98

by this i dont include brazil or argie cause they are always included among the faves

i mean the other 3 from what ive seen im very dissapointed

paraguay are not the shadow of the defending machine they were in 98 its a pity because now they have the stricker they needed in 98

ecuador well ive got to see their next match but their first outing was bad very bad

uruguay cant seem to score goals

maybe we dont deserve 5 spots??
what do you guys think??

btw

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Condor,and who do you think deserves our spot?Maybe Asia as they want?To give us teams like Saudi Arabia who lose 8=0 by some Germanies?

BTW,our forum has the spot of the World Cup...not many action like all the other forums in Xtratime...Wrold Cup rules:D :happy: :D: happy:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
kostas
if you analyze the non world cup winners in conmebol only chile in 62 and peru in 70 and 78 np other conmebol team has made the quarters or semis

african teams are improving so are asian teams look at japan and korea not to mention the concacaf

south america is falling behind we are becoming to slow and predictable

thats my opinion

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
another dissapointing exibition by ecuador
they looked no match for mexico:(
it seems aguinaga got to the world stage to old

this asian expirience is quickly turning into a nightmare for most south american teams

·
94,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lets not forget that the match between both Mexico vs Ecuador
matched Teams that qualified in the same spot on their Federations, both were 2nd accordingly...
Now Concacaf has the advantage..And Im not making this up !! :lala:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
who would have tought concacaf would ever have the advantage over conmebol
shame on ecuador;)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Now come on guys dont be so hasty. I dont want too piss anybody off but we all know why Ecuador finished second.

However as a continent our football is in decline. Brasil is making it out of the easiet froup and every one else is in great doubt. IMO opion it is because we dont keep our players long enough.

The our leagues are decaying and trust me it hurts the football.

·
94,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Uruguay is done .. No comments from me :mute: I've roasted Pua's :ass: long enough already !!!!

:mute:

·
Registered
393 Posts
I didn't expect different results from Ecuador on the first place, they're rookies on this world cup and Bolillo Gomez cannot manage his teams to go further, the same happened to us 4 years ago.

But Uruguay's overall performance was a total disgrace for Conmebol and Paraguay's might be as well if they don't beat Slovenia. Even Argentina could cause the second earthquacke in this World cup after France.

All I hope is that 4 years from now teams like Colombia and Chile come back and do something better.

·
94,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sebastian50 said:

However as a continent our football is in decline. Brasil is making it out of the easiest group and every one else is in great doubt. IMO it is because we dont keep our players long enough.

The our leagues are decaying and trust me it hurts the football.
Somewhere in time ((like the movie)) it's where the answer must be..But we're going down like a rock in a sea of lava !! :mad:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
megapolemico said:

All I hope is that 4 years from now teams like Colombia and Chile come back and do something better.
you mean peru and chile since they are the only 2 to have made the last 8 apart from the champs;)

·
94,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another One Bites The Dust ... Queen's song appropriatelly describing Argentina's early exit from the Tournament..My favorite to win itall ...gone by the wayside and by Bielsa's stubborness in lining up one striker for the games.

:mad:

We're stinking up the World Cup, no doubt about it :mute:

·
94,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finally ... The PARAGUAY we LOVE !!!!!

Maldini let his men loose for the first time in the WC and they performed as we all know them ......

Paraguay 3 Slovenia 1

Paraguay Lets beat the Germans Now !!! :)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
For me, Uruguay will always be a big "what if" as far the 2002 WC goes.

What if O'Neil had been healthy? Recoba did a fair job as the playmaker, but he is brilliant as the second forward. Uruguay lacked an organizer in the midfield the entire time. Garcia is a good one, but plays too far back to really dictate the offensive pace. He's a defensive midfield ball-winner. Recoba is all over the place in his free-role and it suits him, but it left the midfield lacking purpose, imo.

What if Pua had used somebody other than Abreu, who did jack sh*t the entire tourney? Forlan was dynamite in his second half appearance against Senegal and I have to admit I think Morales provides a killer element. Morales isn't a brilliant dribbler or anything, but he is a big target for crosses and managed to create a lot of mayhem in the box.

Pua made absolutely no changes in his line-ups until 45 minutes from elimination and down 3-0. And even with all that, Uruguay were a flubbed Morales header away from scoring 4 in the second half to qualify.

Man, what if? :(

·
94,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wish I could find the posts from right after the S American Eliminatories ended and Uruguay eleiminated Australia ...I said...(and Gabemar asked why I thought that way)..Uruguay was going to flop in the first round...
Pure intutition....Of course I know the Federation problems with a "certain" group of players in the National Team, etc etc. With Pua in charge and those mentioned factors I knew they wouldnt go places...
And it did happen. ..

·
94,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gracias Ecuador .............

colocolo said:
Ecuador's Second outing in their FIRST ever WC is again on the loss column and now with their bags, just about packed they close the cycle against the powerfull Croatians... :eek:
As U can see...after 2 losses in a row I had my doubts...but Ecuador proved my doubts in error ..

Thanks Hermanos....You went out in style by beating the Croats and eliminating them from advancing and at the end when it was all over and done with your record and theirs...was no different ...

:cool::cap::cool:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Forza Paraguay!!!:happy:

I always believed in that team.Without Paredes but with a fantastic Nelson Cuevas they did it:happy: Now we can beat the discusting Germans!!!

Ecuador finally showed us why they are in the World Cup.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts