Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes folks, the game of the season has come. Both teams beat ankara team in macthday 15, and both played impressivly, so both teams are in form.

So if Galatasaray want any chance in winning the league they have to beat Fenerbahce, because as we know Fenerbahce finds the rest of the league easy and they wont drop points, so we have to make sure they lose points and if we beat them there would be only 2 points between us.

I dont think we can beat Fenerbahce, simply because are team is not good compared to Fenerbahce team, are only advantage is that we playing at home.

My prediction is that its going to be a draw, and if a team is going to win, it is going to be Fener, but I hope I am wrong as i was wrong for the last 2 matches.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"Fener'i yenecegiz"

‘Takım karakterini gösterdi’
Zorlu Başkent sınavından üç puanla dönen Galatasaray’da en mutlu kişilerin başında teknik direktör Gheorghe Hagi geliyordu. Oyundan her yönüyle memnun olduğunu kaydeden Rumen hoca, “Skor çok iyi. Ankara’da üstüste ikinci deplasman ve ikisi de zordu. İki maçtan altı puan aldığımız için çok mutluyum. Takımın mücadele etmesinden de çok mutluyum. Kısacası, ekip olmamız çok iyiydi, Üç haftalık zor bir dönem geçirdik ve takım çok karakterli olduğunu gösterdi” dedi.

Golcülere özel övgü
Sahaya iyi yerleştiklerinde kendilerini yenecek takım olmadığını iddia eden Aslan’ın hocası, iki golcüsü Hakan ve Necati için şunları söyledi: “Necati’nin gol atması beni çok mutlu etti. İkisi de çok değerli oyuncularım.” Son olarak Fenerbahçe maçıyla ilgili konuşan Hagi, “Her maça özel hazırlanıyoruz. Fenerbahçe zor bir rakip. Evde oynayacağımız için daha farklı hazırlanacağız. Derbi maçın gerektirdiği şekilde hazırlanacağız. Üç puanı biz alacağız.”

Fanatik

·
Registered
667 Posts
That's right and that's one reason I'm pretty confident we can win this. As we know, Fener ain't that great and if we can find a way to stop Alex or at least limit his touches, our chances are excellent. It'll be up to Conceicao to really try and hastle Alex into playing one of those games in which you hardly know he's on the pitch. But, we've also got to be sure not to give away that many set pieces, b/c that's another way Alex can beat us, he being one of the best deliverers of the ball in the world.

I'm confident in our defense and our strike force, particularly Necati. We'll see about the midfield. I hope Hagi makes at least one change to the MF he put out against Gencler, but he usually doesn't like to change a winning side :wallbang:. To be fair to him, though, it's not like we have a lot of quality options there. :groan:

Though we're not a great side this year, I really like the team spirit, which is there pretty much every season, and the effort put in by the players each game. I know they'll be up for this one and with our fans behind them, I really do like our chances. :boxing:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I really hope Man Utd beats Fener at home, that might have an effect on the Fener team. If Fener beats Man Utd by a scoreline of 3-0 for example, it will boost their morale up and that's not what we need. Anway, I see Fener winning or tie. Luck might become a factor as well.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
With Aurelio suspended it would be great to see what we can do without him :cool:

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Cihan007x said:
I dont think we can beat Fenerbahce, simply because are team is not good compared to Fenerbahce team, are only advantage is that we playing at home.

My prediction is that its going to be a draw, and if a team is going to win, it is going to be Fener, but I hope I am wrong as i was wrong for the last 2 matches.
Your so negative :rollani: :D

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Cihan, I do not understand your overly pessimistic approach to this match.... Yes we are not amazing this season, but in my opinion we are doing better than expected with this squad.. plus this is a derby match anything can happen in derbies it is not about who is playing better at the moment.... To be all in all true I don't think Fenerbahce is playing that superbly either... I think this is a very bad year for teh Turkish league... I mean the quality of our league has dropped tremendously it is astounishing... but eboiugh with that.... The fact that Aurelio is not playing is good news but they still have Alex who we must stop.... Like I said before this match can go either way and as a GS fan I am hoping for a GS win and I am confident in HAgi and the team UI think we will be the winners in Ali Sami Yen!

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
Emir, i wont able to go to the match :( bi arkadasim askere gidiyor onu goturecegiz...

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
waq said:
Yes we are not amazing this season, but in my opinion we are doing better than expected with this squad.. !

Good point and its true, be are doing better than expected, well I thought we would be in mid-table. I am being negative becasue Fener have been playing good for the last few weeks, if it was before like when they lost home to Lyon, away to Manchster United II would of been confident that we can win, But anyway I didnt saw we would lose, we just have to wait and see...

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Sunday

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
ssf said:
I really hope Man Utd beats Fener at home, that might have an effect on the Fener team. If Fener beats Man Utd by a scoreline of 3-0 for example, it will boost their morale up and that's not what we need. Anway, I see Fener winning or tie. Luck might become a factor as well.
Great job ssf - You predicted precisely what happened. I think Fener will be really pumped up for this match.

I want to wish GS luck for everything except for scoring more goals than Fener. :shades: I hope Tuncay's very professional quote after his hat trick :eekani: last night holds true:
"About the Galatasaray match, let's only talk about football. Let's not talk about violence, let's make it a friendly game"

I'm proud of the discussion around this match that I've been seeing thus far. :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
yenibey said:
Great job ssf - You predicted precisely what happened. I think Fener will be really pumped up for this match.

I want to wish GS luck for everything except for scoring more goals than Fener. :shades: I hope Tuncay's very professional quote after his hat trick :eekani: last night holds true:
"About the Galatasaray match, let's only talk about football. Let's not talk about violence, let's make it a friendly game"

I'm proud of the discussion around this match that I've been seeing thus far. :)
I was right all along .... Fener won 3-0 ..... thanks alot man utd :finger: If gala wins this game I will be surprised and very happy.

Towards The Derby: Galatasaray-Fenerbahçe

Our opponents in the 16th week of the Super League are Fenerbahçe. The latest information, penalised or injured players, weather forecast, statistics...

Match: Super League 16th Week
Stadium: Ali Sami Yen - İstanbul
Date: December 12, Sunday, 19:00
Referee: Cem Papila
Injured: Pierre Van Hooijdonk, Deniz Barış (Fenerbahçe)
Suspended: Marco Aurelio (Fenerbahçe)
Weather Forecast: Partly cloudy, 10 C.

Galatasaray
After beating Gençlerbirliği 3-1 in last week’s away match, Galatasary increased its points to 35, remaining in 2nd place in the points table. It has won 11, drawn 2 and lost 2 of the 15 matches played so far. During these matches, it conceded 11 goals while scoring 29 against its opponents. Galatasaray’s top strikers are Necati Ateş with 9 goals and Hakan Şükür with 8 goals.

Galatasaray’s Home Performance?
No. of matches played: 7
No. of matches won: 6
Draws: 1
Goals Scored: 20
Goals conceded: 6

Super League Last 5 Matchs
Galatasaray 2-0 A.Sebatspor
Diyarbakırspor 2-0 Galatasaray
Galatasaray 1-1 Malatyaspor
Ankaragücü 0-1 Galatasaray
Gençlerbirliği 1-3 Galatasaray

Fenerbahçe
After beating Ankaragücü at home 5-0 last week, Fenerbahçe stands at first place in the league with 40 points. It has won 13, drawn 1 and lost 1 of the 15 games it has played so far. During these matches Fenerbahçe has conceded 8 goals, and scored 39 against its opponents. Fenerbahçe’s top scorers are Alex at 10 goals and Nobre at 9 goals.

Fenerbahçe’s Away Performance?
No. of matches played: 8
No. of matches won: 6
No. of matches lost: 1
Draws: 1
Goals Scored: 17
Goals conceded: 6

Super League Last 5 Matchs
Beşiktaş 2-1 Fenerbahçe
Fenerbahçe 1-0 B.B.Ankaraspor
Trabzonspor 0-2 Fenerbahçe
Fenerbahçe 3-0 Diyarbakırspor
Fenerbahçe 5-0 Ankaragücü

The Competition in Numbers
Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe have crossed swords 92 times so far in the Turkish League. Of these, Galatasaray has won 27 compared to Fenerbahçe’s 34, while 31 games have resulted in a draw. Last season’s game played at the Olympic Stadium resulted in a 2-2 draw, while Fenerbahçe won the match played at the Şükrü Saraçoğlu Stadium 2-1.

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
1. They are tired
2. They are in languor
3. It's in ASY aka Hell
4. This is our 100. year
5. We have to win, in other ways we will get in deep trouble (boku yeriz)

So my prediction is

Gala 2 Fener 0
Neco
SAS

1 - 20 of 53 Posts