Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First derby of the season and it looks like everyone could be in line for selection minus Josef, who still hasn't fully recovered. A win here would definitely help us for the midweek game at Celtic, but I am expecting a draw. Nani is in form right now so hopefully he can keep it going. Kjaer should be back which helps anchor that defensive line.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The key for tomorrow's match is to stay focused and try not commit too many fouls. Over the past few games we have committed an average of 15-18 fouls each league game. In a derby match some of those fouls might land us a few extra cards (yellow or red).

·
Registered
117 Posts
I know this is a big Istanbul derby, but Fener is the first currently and it is only the beginning of the season in the Süper Lig. On the other hand, they have already lost against Molde at home, and if they lose again in Glasgow it will reduce their chances of success in the EL. I don't know what are their ambitions in European competition this year.

·
Галатас&
5,898 Posts
I know this is a big Istanbul derby, but Fener is the first currently and it is only the beginning of the season in the Süper Lig. On the other hand, they have already lost against Molde at home, and if they lose again in Glasgow it will reduce their chances of success in the EL. I don't know what are their ambitions in European competition this year.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
aziz's ambitions are always the league. I doubt we will rest any players. ALso half of them are injured or are returning to form. We don't have that kind of luxury to rest anyone

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Markovic is amazing really. That position there..even i would have gone to the front post. Its simple shit like that you prefer a striker that is experience rather than a brute like Fernandao.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Started so well but as per the norm, concede from nothing. Ersan's goal possibly offside but still poorly defended.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That amazing run by Markovic only needed a touch from Fernandao but he couldn't get there. If that goes in, different game.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
IMO its the midfield. You can't have RM Topal and Ozan. Need a guy who can hold the ball and make the plays either Diego or Alper for example.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts