Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be a very exciting game, I predict a 3-2 victory for SP. :thumbsup:

Countdown 'till kickoff: 1 hour

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
I predict a Rosario Central win.....and guess what ?????

That is xcactly what happened !!!!! :rolleyes: :D

Rosario Central 1 Sao Paulo 0

:howler:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Patrick,

As predicted by me in the kafka thread... the bambi's lost. However got to give credit.. they played like men and it was only a counter attack in the end that Rosario score.

I think Sao Paulo will go through, Rosario have only heart and loads of running, nothing more than that. And away from their stadium they show the true colors (can't play football)

However, this Sao Paulo team will only go far in this libertadores cause it got an easier way to the final. I doubt very much they will win it, as they have such an average team

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
You're right Ze. They could make it all the way to the finals, but only that far. They would then face the same fortune as Corinthians last year. A River beating.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
good win by the canallas, but i dont think 1 gol is enough.
we ll see.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
they can even get past through us, but the first game they were helped a lot by the ref. Not talking about Fabio Simplicio being sent off, it was a fair call, but the way all Rosario players were commiting fouls yet never receiving yellows, plus the fact that the goal started from a foul commited by Rosario.

When we were going out to attack one of Rosario players commited a foul stealing the ball that originated the deadly counter.

What we need is to get ****ing rid of Fabio Simplicio, this player has been ruining our team for seasons, Alexandre is quite good we just need to replace this sob. Thank god he is off from the next game.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Liternit said:
What we need is to get ****ing rid of Fabio Simplicio, this player has been ruining our team for seasons, Alexandre is quite good we just need to replace this sob. Thank god he is off from the next game.
I agree. The guy is so casual and plays carelessly, I don't appreciate his "I don't give a phuck" attitude either. Alexandre impressed me, I like what I see from him. DM's like Fabio Simplicio are found everywhere.. like you, I wouldn't be too sad to see him go.

Ze,

It was a tough game. But when we go back to the Morumbi, I expect a trashing. Our players were treated very unfair by that pathetic excuse of a ref. Whatever, good job by Rosario. Like you said, their fans are simply outstanding!

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Rosario always fell in the big ocassions, I don't know what happens to them. If they play like this game in Brasil, they are going to be beaten. I think the need A LOT of Vitamina Sanchez (excellent player by the way), without him taking the team on his shoulder the rest feels too much the pressure.
Rosario can play football Ze, in fact they alwyas have a stylish football (not this ocassion by the way), but almost always when they have to give their best the pressure breaks them. If they have Vitamina, with Messera (actually PLAYING, not running like dumb) they are capable of damage, even with the lack of a finisher. The game against the paraguayans they lost at least 10 clear ocassions!!!.
For me San Pablo will pass, but with Vitamina at a 100% and an intelligent counterattack tactic they can do it.

PD: really nice goal by Belloso.
PD2: don't worry Libertadores Cup is a Boca issue is nice to see all the other teams participating giving their best to give shine to another Boca's title :D :D :D . Just kidding this year is going to be harder, we are so hated!!! enemy public Nº1.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
LA BAMBINEIRA is gonna be packed today..... I think Sao Paulo will cruise tonight easily and head for a dream semi final against Santos.

All the frenetics will be excited today at the legs of Luis Fabiano:eek: :tongue: :howler: :howler:

LA BAMBINEIRA will shake with the bambis singing.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ze da Fiel said:
LA BAMBINEIRA is gonna be packed today..... I think Sao Paulo will cruise tonight easily and head for a dream semi final against Santos.

All the frenetics will be excited today at the legs of Luis Fabiano:eek: :tongue: :howler: :howler:

LA BAMBINEIRA will shake with the bambis singing.
That's not too nice, Ze.. ;)

Quit calling us Bambi's. Hey dude, do you have alot of São Paulo fanatics that are your friends? man life in SP must be heated all year long due to the rivalry and hatred towards each other. I always wonder how it feels to be living in a city with teams and fans that dislike each other.. I simply can't imagine some dude in Roma that supports Lazio and his boss or best friend is a Romanista. :D

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Patrick,

you don't even know what Bambi is. And you don't know the reaction of Sao Paulo fans towards it.

Living in Sao Paulo is faced paced... more than Miami. The clock seems to tick even faster than Miami. Adrenaline, chaos, all into one. The city does not stop. In a way it reminds of New York..... you can get all in just a matter of blocks

If you want to eat the best pizza of the world, it is just in your doorstep. If you want to eat a food from Malaysia at 3 a clock of a monday morning you can do that;)

It's got it's good sides and bad sides.

About the rivarly, it needs to be healthy and then it is good.

After the game yesterday, were Sao Paulo won, many bambis phoned me up to take the pi$$. It's all normal.... today when we lose to Vitoria i'll be definilty turning off my cell phone:tongue: :D ;)

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Zé bit me

What a game, Luis Fabiano almost became the villain tonight! Good thing to see us beat a team after so many setbacks

1) Their goal in first half
2) We missing the penalty (which was not a PK)
3) Cicinho missing the first Penalty

now is probably Tachira next week

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
Keeper Ceni takes Sao Paulo through

RIO DE JANEIRO, May 12 (Reuters) - Goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni led Sao Paulo into the quarter-finals of the Libertadores Cup on Wednesday, saving two penalties and converting one himself as the Brazilians beat Argentina's Rosario Central in a shootout.
Defending champions Boca Juniors also progressed, overcoming Peruvians Sporting Cristal 2-1 in Buenos Aires to complete a 5-3 aggregate win.

Rogerio made two crucial second half saves as he helped Sao Paulo to a 2-1 home win in Wednesday's second leg, leaving the aggregate score at 2-2 in the second round tie.

He then saved twice and was successful from the spot as Sao Paulo won the shootout 5-4.

Away goals and extra time are not used in the competition.

Central stunned the Morumbi stadium when German Herrera put them ahead with a breakaway goal in the sixth minute, running from the halfway line before slotting the ball past Rogerio.

Sao Paulo, twice champions in the early 1990s, were awarded a controversial penalty in the 25th minute but Central goalkeeper Julio Gaona saved Luis Fabiano's kick and then blocked the rebound.

The Brazilians finally equalised in first-half injury time when Grafite headed home from close range following a free kick.

Rogerio saved the day after halftime as he defied Herrera and Gonzalo Belloso on the break before Grafite scrambled home a rebound in the 76th minute after Gaona failed to hold Luis Fabiano's shot.

Central converted their first four penalties while Cicinho missed Sao Paulo's second effort in the shootout before Rogerio sprang into action.

Boca, Libertadores champions three times in the last four years, stayed on course for another title when midfielder Javier Villareal opened the scoring in Buenos Aires just as the visitors had begun to look threatening.

Villareal scored from close range at the near post after Carlos Tevez ran to the byline and cut the ball back.

Tevez himself added the second in the 63rd minute, winning a midfielder tussle and breaking away to slip the ball into the far corner shortly after Cristal's Luis Bonnet had missed an easy chance to equalise.

Robert Lima headed Cristal's consolation three minutes later, the first goal Boca have conceeded at home in the competition.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We won because of Graffite's hard work and Rodgerio's magic. Nothing more, nothing less. We simply need to play much better if we want to win the Copa Libertadores, our midfield is nothing short of disgusting. Calling those clowns pathetic would be nicely put. :rolleyes:

No creativity for gols whatsoever, we sucked. Whatever.. so who's next, Santos?

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Grafite's luck you mean patrick;)

Good to see taht you now are undestanding what i say, when Sao Paulo have no midfield.... unlike when you hear elsewhere in XT;)

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Grafite's luck you mean patrick;)

Good to see taht you now are undestanding what i say, when Sao Paulo have no midfield.... unlike when you hear elsewhere in XT;)
can we have names? I don´t the people that root for São Paulo saying we have an amazing mid. At least we have a solid defence and a great attack ;)

Gaetan said:
We won because of Graffite's hard work and Rodgerio's magic. Nothing more, nothing less. We simply need to play much better if we want to win the Copa Libertadores, our midfield is nothing short of disgusting. Calling those clowns pathetic would be nicely put. :rolleyes:

No creativity for gols whatsoever, we sucked. Whatever.. so who's next, Santos?
we who, we who Patrick?

Next Tachirá

1 - 18 of 18 Posts