Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
He will leave Ajax at the end of this season i think. Too much competition for his spot (striker): Huntelaar, Rosenberg, Charisteas, in that order. Was tried at lw but became too predictable, always took the ball to the centre and shot at goal. His first touch is miserable as well.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
arfy05 said:
i used to see Babel play as a right winger, has he become a striker all of a sudden :googly:
no, he played lw for us most of the time. Last night he was subbed in, in our match against Roda JC and he finally showed some glimpses of what he's capable of when not playing at the wing. He roamed the pitch in a free role and score 2 great goals. But i still don't want him to stay at Ajax.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
You have a weird sense of football Stygmata. I followed Ryan from the age of 14 on and have always known he would become a great striker.
He is first of all a central striker Ayachan. The problem really is that for some reason Blind puts him at the wings (usually the left) which is not where his main qualities lie so that it's difficult for him to show what he's capable of. Still I am proud of what he has shown at that position so far.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Oranje said:
You have a weird sense of football Stygmata. I followed Ryan from the age of 14 on and have always known he would become a great striker.
Why? he won't become a starter for us, that's almost certain. He's got the first touch of a brick wall as well. He isn't a winger, neither is he a 10. He's a 9 but not good enough yet. He should be either sold or loaned out at the end of the season, and i prefer the loan. Let's see how he performs over the course of an entire season as a 9 in a 4-3-3 system in the dutch Eredivisie. Judge him afterwards, but for now i think he just won't cut it at Ajax.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
cause they putting him on the bench all year,he could easily be in starting line up at any club in the world!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
he is a bit overrated imho... has some good qualities, but should probably go on loan for a season or two because he has no chance of playing striker at ajax at the moment...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts