Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mute:

At least that's what the Italian medias are reporting. Why would you guys get rid of your best player? :stress:

Despite not being a Man U fan, I want you guys to be strong as that'll make things more interesting both in the EPL than in the CL. I simply don't understand why Manchester would sell their best player. Am I missing something? Care to enlighten things a bit?:stress:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
This topic always comes up at this stage of the season. I think we can ignore it.:)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I think this is true this time, it's well known that RvN is not liked by his teammates and Fergie was talking upthe price the other day saying he was the best in the world after two tap-ins againt Newcastle.

if you can get Puyol plus a few million or Casillas plus a few it will be a great bit of business.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I think this is true this time, it's well known that RvN is not liked by his teammates and Fergie was talking upthe price the other day saying he was the best in the world after two tap-ins againt Newcastle.

if you can get Puyol plus a few million or Casillas plus a few it will be a great bit of business.
Will Barca ever exchange their captain?!? :dielaugh:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Peres might be daft enough to let go of the best GK in the world but barca letting go of their club idol?!?:eekani:

Can't see either happening though.

·
63,337 Posts
Zack said:
Will Barca ever exchange their captain?!? :dielaugh:
course, Puyol is always gobbing off about his dream of playing for United, tbh it matters not much what Barca think about it, if it sounds nice to Puyol then it will happen.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
course, Puyol is always gobbing off about his dream of playing for United, tbh it matters not much what Barca think about it, if it sounds nice to Puyol then it will happen.
Puyol is interested in joining United? :eekani: Show me some proof before I believe it. And if he IS interested then kindly tell him to pay out his contract and sign for us on a free. :lick:

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
Zack said:
Puyol is interested in joining United? :eekani: Show me some proof before I believe it. And if he IS interested then kindly tell him to pay out his contract and sign for us on a free. :lick:
Puyol wants to play in Italy, but it's hard for the captain to abandon ship.

About RVN, these stories cannot be ruled out entirely...but I don't think any Italian elite teams want a guy who isn't very effective outside the box and can't dribble.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I dont think we should sell RVN. If it does have to happen atleast bring in another striker of the same quality. Its like Arsenal with Henry when there were rumours of him being sold for £60 million. No point if there is no1 to replace him. Dont sell just for the point of selling.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
maybe fergie kows something we dont... could he be having another lucky turn and count on the upcoming kids to do the business (all the rave is on rossi at the moment)?? maybe it makes sense selling ruud now while hes still worth a few bob and spend it on other players, because for the first time, fergies transfer budget is simply not there...

having said that, i would absolutely hate to see him leave, and he is absolute quality

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Rossi would not be able to cover for Ruud. Rossi is like Rooney, a forward and not a striker. Against awesome defences you need out and out strikers to hold the ball and that is what Ruud is, and neither Rooney/Rossi/Ronaldo will be able to do that.
If he wanted to change him for a younger striker, someone like Torres/Adriano/Gila then yeah that could be an option. But just selling him for the sake of it, then that would be idiotic.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Like someone else said, imagine him coming with the blue colours of Chelsea to haunt United at Old Trafford.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I also don't see that happening and I wouldn't honestly want it as this would probably mean a weakining of United and that would not be good for the overall competition.

Shaf said:
Peres might be daft enough to let go of the best GK in the world but barca letting go of their club idol?!?:eekani:

Can't see either happening though.
Casillas the best keeper in the world?:stress:
I'm a bit surprised to see you Shaf say that...no doubt he is class, but I could easily name 2 keepers who are just a cut above the Spaniard. :)

Cheers.;)

·
63,337 Posts
Zack said:

I don't have proof but i remember him saying it a while back, when Barcelona were in huge debts. ;)

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Paratroopa said:
Puyol wants to play in Italy, but it's hard for the captain to abandon ship.

About RVN, these stories cannot be ruled out entirely...but I don't think any Italian elite teams want a guy who isn't very effective outside the box and can't dribble.

:proud:

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Oh, on the subject of vague speculation, Madrid have always wanted RVN, Manure have always wanted Ronaldo. Both men's futures are unsure.

Why not?

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Letting RVN go would be really daft. If we must let him go, I dont think we should let him go without having a proper replacement. Buying a defender or a goalie with the money we get from selling him will just not be the right thing to do.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts