Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fener president and rustu's agent are necogiating his return to fener for a maximum 2 year deal. rustu wants 2.2 million euros a year but the max fener want to offer is 1.5millions.
he should leave as he has disapointed and jorquera was amazin :)

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
how much money do we get ? , i want atleast 8 million euros

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I feel that one cannot judge Rustu overall as a keeper on his performance for Barca only . To judge him as a keeper overall we have to look at his entire career, but we can judge him as a keeper for Barca based on his performances for Barca only. Like what happened to Rivaldo at Milan. Doesnt mean he was that bad (He was voted Serie A's worst player of the year). He was bad for Milan, whatever the reason. Same way, though Rustu has had a distinguished career, he has been bad for Barca till date, whatever the reasons.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
A year ago he might have fetched 8m but not now after his year at Barca ...

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
let me set the record straight,
a loan deal seems very unlikely at the moment and there would be no transfer fee probably, as with lots of other barcelona players andersson being the latest along with christanval, geovanni, we would let him go from his contract so he would be a free agent so we would get nothing. the 1.5 million is the offer by the fener pres as yearly wages for him, he wants 2.2 . he talks shit as he was on everywhere saying he didnt want to go!

as for him being a good keeper he was decent when i saw him at fenerbahce but that wasnt that much, he was good in the world cup but ****ed up in the match he played in the crappy confederations cup :eek: he has made 2 big errors against racing and celta which cost us but against espanyol he was fine, if he played all the time he would do wel but he wants to go back to turkey, we have two good young keepers and his wages are big.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
wasn't anelka loaned out to liverpool and after the loan they turend him down, man city still payed good moneyfor him

and what about nicky butt, he's been on the bench at man u, you think he wont fetch £5 ?, why can't rustu

and as for your personality description on rustu, as touching as it was, that feel sorry for yourself attitude isn't something that get's you far is it ?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm not against him going on loan and you taking his wages or selling him as he was free to buy when we got him but in the past we have released them from contract, who knows, time will tell!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
For a club in your situation, it doesn't matter as much as it would for Valencia or Real Madrid.. You're not playing for the championship,
So, according to your twisted logic, points only matter for teams involved in championships
and won't be for a while..
Not that anyone will take your word for it
And again, if those points mean so much to you, why do you think someone will splash out €8m for him?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
For big clubs, anything less than a championship is not enough..

If you're ambitions are simply European qualification, none of your players would be worth €8m, let alone a 3rd choice keeper..
so in the top 3 leagues all teams apart from juventus,milan,roma,man utd,chelsea,arsenal,real madrid,valencia,depor have no player valued at 8 million euros
and it's only the points they accumulate that matter and what about when real madrid won euro cups in 98 and 2000 without making a real league challenge, sorry your theories out of the window
Didn't Enke come to your club with a good reputation? He was very good at Benfica, came to Barça and failed miserably..
How much did you get for him? Nothing, we took him on loan for 2 weeks!
yep, compating some one from the portuguese league to a proven international player, how clever of you

And yes, reputation... what reputation?
The reputation he's got now that he's played and failed at Barça?
The quote "you're only as good as your last game" sticks with the transfer market.. Teams aren't buying the champion goalkeeper that was at Fenerbahçe, their buying Barcelona's shattered keeper!
would the champion goalkeeper from turkey cost 8 million euros if he was 6 months in to a new contract, even in the current climate ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rustu was never really that good imo. He had a great WC like most of the turkish team but i was never convinced. At least we didnt waste any money on him.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Blaming Rustu for six points is stupid!!.......:rollani: It's not like barca are playing good football...:rollani:

To be honest... Barca have been a very dissapointing this season.. Yeah Rustu has had poor matches, but if he had as many chances as Valdes, he would have proven himself...

I'm starting to think the money I paid for Barca's official jersey with "Ronaldinho 10" on the back was a waste of money... Although Ronaldinho hasn't been dissapointing, the team as a whole have been... I seriuously believed barca could play for the title and finish second at least.. but this seems very unlikely:rolleyes:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
BAFLI said:
Blaming Rustu for six points is stupid
Why is it stupid? How about if I blame him for the goals he gave up in the losses then:confused:

I think even Turkish fans must admit that Rustu has played terrible, that is, imo, easy to see and admit.

And don't say he hasn't had the chances, becuase if he had not, then we would not be saying he has played terrible.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
barça said:
Why is it stupid? How about if I blame him for the goals he gave up in the losses then:confused:

I think even Turkish fans must admit that Rustu has played terrible, that is, imo, easy to see and admit.

And don't say he hasn't had the chances, becuase if he had not, then we would not be saying he has played terrible.
Rustu got his chance and didnt take it, while Valdes and Jorquera did.

However not trying to back Rustu up or anything but Valdes and Jorquera had been playing regularly before there first team match while Rustu was in the dark. What I mean is that Valdes had been playing regularly all season building keeping him match aware while Jorquera had the same in the B team. Rustu on the other hand come in from not playing and if you remember against AC Milan after playing regularly he was surpurb for his 45 minutes.

This may have something to do with his poor performances which we havent really taken into effect.

Again it looks like another Riquelme case, comes with a big reputation, in awkward team selection surcomstances and didnt have the mentality to prove himself over that initial set back or give the performances when on the pitch.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
To be honest, I don't think Rüstü has had a fair shot here. To be relegated to the bench can severely damage a goalkeeper's confidence, which is so important for someone of his reputation and position. With Rijkaard chopping and changing every single week, it's very hard for any player to reach their peak here. You don't see Tim Howard, Roy Carroll and Fabien Barthez as starters in half a season, do you? There should one goalkeeper and that's it.

Lets face it, since Van Gaal arrived here, Barcelona has been a career-destroying club (Roger? Oscar?). Unless you were Dutch or world class, then you were able to flourish. And when Gaspart arrived here, the club was an absolute shambles. I remember an interview with Emmanuel Petit and he said unbelievable things happened within the club. The consistent chop and change of managers doesn't help at all. We must be the only club in the world doing this! :rolleyes:

For example, take Javier Saviola. This guy was ripping apart defences for fun. And when he came to Barcelona, what did Charly Rexach say, " I didn't want him." What kind of bollocks is that? And what did he do? Relegate a confident, huge prospect to the bench. The next season, he was playing on the wing by Van Gaal, then he was played in his natural position under Antic and under Rijkaard, he's gone straight back to the bench. What kind of player can progress under this mess? Realistically, I don't think Saviola will be nothing out of the ordinary now. We've basically destroyed his career. And he's not the only one. I can name a whole list of players.

I'm not too fond on buying prospects, but if we do, they should be played regularly under one manager who would give them confidence - Bianchi would be perfect for this. And Barça's legends have always been prospects or individuals from weaker leagues (Ronaldo? Figo? Rivaldo?).

Lets face it, with Rijkaard here, I won't expect any decent or good player to flourish. Only someone special (in our squad, it's Ronaldinho and Puyol) can shine in this shambles of a club. We need a manager for the long term and fast, because we have been rotting away since cheese face Van Gaal arrived here.

By the way, congratulations to Koeman4 and Maz on their new jobs :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
Thanks Barça_Fan

Again its a shame you dont have the time to post here more often

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Maz said:
Again its a shame you dont have the time to post here more often
College is important at the moment, so I'll tend to be online more (when I should be studying :eek:). I'm also trying to cut down on the late nights :D

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
To be honest, I don't think Rüstü has had a fair shot here. To be relegated to the bench can severely damage a goalkeeper's confidence, which is so important for someone of his reputation and position.

For example, take Javier Saviola. This guy was ripping apart defences for fun. And when he came to Barcelona, what did Charly Rexach say, " I didn't want him." What kind of bollocks is that? And what did he do? Relegate a confident, huge prospect to the bench. The next season, he was playing on the wing by Van Gaal, then he was played in his natural position under Antic and under Rijkaard, he's gone straight back to the bench. What kind of player can progress under this mess? Realistically, I don't think Saviola will be nothing out of the ordinary now. We've basically destroyed his career. And he's not the only one. I can name a whole list of players.

It's true what you say about the GKs and their self-confidence. But you expect much more of a supposed great GK, even if he doesn't have the confidence since the begining.

Saviola seems not to grow more. I think we have seen who is him. Definitely I expected much more from him, but he has never had the confidence of any coach, but Antic. I don't know if he would have been a top striker, but he has arrived to the club in the worst time in years.

PD: Thanx for your words.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Koeman4 said:
It's true what you say about the GKs and their self-confidence. But you expect much more of a supposed great GK, even if he doesn't have the confidence since the begining.
I would also add that GK's are different, they need to stay sharp even if they are not playing. Its the nature of their position as there is virtually no subbing in that position. Look at Palop, Cesar and even Valdes.

And Barça_Fan, I didn't really follow the EPL last year, but didn't Sir Alex change GK's like underwear last year too? Ricardo, Carroll and Barthez, but I am not sure.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Koeman4 said:

Saviola seems not to grow more. I think we have seen who is him. Definitely I expected much more from him, but he has never had the confidence of any coach, but Antic. I don't know if he would have been a top striker, but he has arrived to the club in the worst time in years.
I think Rüstü reached his peak form during the World Cup in 2002. During his last season with Fenerbahçe, he wasn't at his best at all (I heard he had problems with the board?). And during the Confederations Cup, he wasn't brilliant either. I think we got Rüstü at a bad time and relegating him to the bench has severely damaged his already low morale.

Well, I thought Saviola could have been a "Nihat" kind of player (a pacey, creative forward), but with the constant managerial changes and screwing around, that looks impossible now.

barça said:
I would also add that GK's are different, they need to stay sharp even if they are not playing. Its the nature of their position as there is virtually no subbing in that position. Look at Palop, Cesar and even Valdes.

And Barça_Fan, I didn't really follow the EPL last year, but didn't Sir Alex change GK's like underwear last year too? Ricardo, Carroll and Barthez, but I am not sure.
Palop is a very rare kind of player, but I don't know about Cesar :eek: Wasn't he supposed to go on loan somewhere?

You've justified my point here. Last season, Sir Alex used Barthez, Ricardo and Carroll in one season and the goalkeeping position there was a mess. But with a good signing in Tim Howard this season (who has been brilliant so far), Sir Alex has kept faith in him from the start and the Red Devils are reaping the dividends.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts