Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2987 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,978 Posts
It's a very good draw for Russia, but there will be problems getting in the top 2 Dima because you always make it difficult for yourselves ;)

The head to heads with Finland will be the important ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Angle_eyes said:
It's a very good draw for Russia, but there will be problems getting in the top 2 Dima because you always make it difficult for yourselves ;)

The head to heads with Finland will be the important ones.
yea Finland's going to be tricky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,603 Posts
Dmitriy said:
Germany
Russia
Wales
Finland
Azerbaijan
Wales

Pretty good group. Should be no problem getting in the top 2. Let's see what the resident Russia basher kleber has to say.
:rollani: ,does the top 2 give you qualification?and forgot Slovakia?:confused:.and don't forget the worst second place from the nine groups will be out,no play off for them,pathetic rule by Fifa.:thmbdown:

Overall not bad,Russia should finnish second but who knows if you guys will not be the worst second place.

But Russia will find difficult even to win in Vaduz,key games the home ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Infinity said:
Does the second Wales in the list mean Liechtenstein?

It will be our second Andorra, I suppose. :lala:
Oops, sorry.

I'd much rather have Liechtenstein than Andorra. Andorra's the dirtiest team I've ever seen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,268 Posts
Frankly, I'm also a little bit tired of Andorra. Bytheway, who knows anything about how Azerbaijan NT plays? The only thing I can remember is that they were in the same group with Armenia and both their matches with them were cancelled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Infinity said:
Frankly, I'm also a little bit tired of Andorra. Bytheway, who knows anything about how Azerbaijan NT plays? The only thing I can remember is that they were in the same group with Armenia and both their matches with them were cancelled.
Azerbaijan from what I've seen likes to play the ball on the ground, they're individually skilled but have no concept of organisation. It's a very good match up for us imo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Well, Azerbaijan were a terrible match up for Finland in the Euro 2008 qualifying. They nearly took 6 points from us (though we scored 2 late goals to win the 2nd match) and destroeyd our hopes of qualifying in the process. Look for Finland to give some extra effort against them this time!
 

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
Joined
·
10,025 Posts
well I am sure Azerbaijan will give a fight to russians in home..Especially now we have much more better coach
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,268 Posts
2 Dmitriy
You shouldn't be so cruel about finnish mentality :D Eremenko (I mean football player from Saturn, not Russian hockey goalkeeper ;) ) doesn't seem to behave like a hockey player. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,268 Posts
Xtreminal said:
well I am sure Azerbaijan will give a fight to russians in home..Especially now we have much more better coach
I saw Azerbaijanian fans in Moscow when Lokomotiv played against Neftchi in Commonwealth Cup. They can give the team a motivation to play - especially against Russia at home ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,268 Posts
Sampe said:
Well, Azerbaijan were a terrible match up for Finland in the Euro 2008 qualifying. They nearly took 6 points from us (though we scored 2 late goals to win the 2nd match) and destroeyd our hopes of qualifying in the process. Look for Finland to give some extra effort against them this time!
Did Azerbaijan play that good or Finland that bad? I can't understand the class of their team.

Dmitriy said:
Azerbaijan from what I've seen likes to play the ball on the ground, they're individually skilled but have no concept of organisation. It's a very good match up for us imo.
Are there any Azerbaijanian NT players who play abroad? In Russia or Europe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Infinity said:
Did Azerbaijan play that good or Finland that bad? I can't understand the class of their team.
I'd say it was a combination of both. Azerbaijan concentrated on defending and counter-attacking throughout both games. Finland played horribly in the first match and didn't even deserve to win it IMO, while Azerbaijan looked often dangerous against our slow defense when they got the ball. Azerbaijan's lone goal came from a corner kick pretty late in the game and they had several other chances as well.

In the second match, Finland played a lot better but couldn't finish to save their lives and eventually Azerbaijan scored with a very nice shot from literally their only chance of the game. Finland won the shots 12-1 but while Azerbaijan's forwards rarely got the ball, their playmaker in particular stood out even while surrounded by several Finns.

Highlights of the first match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy0V-Oof7yk

Highlights of the second match, hopefully they work:
http://areena.yle.fi/toista?id=917706
 

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
Joined
·
10,025 Posts
Infinity said:
Did Azerbaijan play that good or Finland that bad? I can't understand the class of their team.


Are there any Azerbaijanian NT players who play abroad? In Russia or Europe?
Ilgar Gurbanov currently plays for turkish club Sivasspor and Sasha Yunisoglu who is member of polish club Grodzisk

There is also some players who is in Turkish clubs but I don't remember their names
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,136 Posts
hey, what's up guys ;)

obviously Russia along with Germany are the main contenders to qualify but expect no gifts from us, even though lots of azeri fans will be rooting for you at the upcoming Euro-2008

as far as our team goes, right now very few of us know what to expect come next fall. Recently we sacked our disastrous coach Shahin Diniyev and temporarily appointed Macedonian specialist Goyko Hajiyevski, who even though lost our last two games to Finland away (1:2) and Belgium at home (0:1) have shown some solid football. The question on everyone's mind now is the federation going to extend his contract for the WC qualifiers or will they bring someone else (rumors are that one of the heavyweight contenders is former Zenit and current Neftchi coach Vlastimil Petrzhela).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Decent enough draw. Should get that second place, even though I think we'll be dropping points against Hodgson's Finland. Another visit to Cardiff for me too - I am a bit of a fan of the Millennium Stadium, for shure. :)
 
1 - 20 of 2987 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top