Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
goal.com said:
Juve To Sell To Russians?
There are reports in Italy that Juventus are set to be sold to the Russian steel giant ‘Severstal’.

Conspiracy theories have been flying around for quite sometime on internet forums and Juve fan sites that the current Bianconeri leadership will sell the club once they have achieved Champions League qualification this summer.

Information has begun to emerge in the Italian press that Russia’s second-largest steel maker, Severstal, could be set to purchase Juventus.
Severstal Group was founded in 2002 and has 120 establishments and more than 125,000 employees, with sales exceeding $3 billion.

Last month Severstal went shopping in the United States, purchasing the Sparrows Point steel plant in Blatimore for $810 million.

If Severstal were to acquire Juventus, it would bring the Bianconeri onto the same kind of level, in financial terms, as Roman Abramovich’s Chelsea.

Juventus are the second Italian club this week to be linked with a foreign take-over, as there are reports that Roma will sell up to American billionaire George Soros.

It remains to be seen how Juve fans will react to these reports.
Reuters said:
Reuters messaging rm://[email protected]

08:11GMT 09April2008-Juventus up on reported Severstal interest

---------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus shares climb 6.1 percent to 1.07 euros after Italian newspapers say Russian steel company Severstal could be interested in taking a stake in the soccer club.

One of the newspapers, MF, quotes Finmeccanica Chairman Pier Francesco Guarguaglini as speaking of Severstal's interest in the club during a recent trade mission to Russia.

A Severstal spokesman declined to comment.

Reuters Messaging rm://[email protected]
transfermarkteweb.com said:
JUVENTUS, Russian on view
09.04.2008 07.59 by Redazione TMW Contact Redazione TMW read 181
Source: TUTTOSPORT

Juventus could receive money coming from Russia. During a lunch between the chairman Putin and some top italian businessman, has arrived the will of Severstal to invest buying Juventus shares. Agnelli reaction that however will not leave their 60%, seems to have been positive.
http://www.hemscott.com said:
Among the smaller stocks, football club Juventus rose on 7.60 percent at 1.09 euros speculation that Russian group Severstal could be interested in buying a stake in the football club in an investment programme dedicated to Italy.

A new shareholder could be a positive opportunity to contribute to the project financing of the new Delle Alpi stadium in Turin, a project that is expected to imply a total investment of some 105 million euros to be distributed over a couple of years, Banca IMI said.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severstal

Seems as if there is something going on, even if the news are a little shallow...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Ifil Doesn't Plan to Cut Juventus Stake, Hasn't Received Offers
2008-04-09 06:22 (New York)

By Armorel Kenna and Michele Seghizzi
April 9 (Bloomberg) -- Ifil SpA, the Agnelli family holding company, said it doesn't plan to cut its stake in Juventus Football Club SpA and hasn't received any offers for the team.
Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore reported today that OAO Severstal plans to buy a stake in the Turin-based team, citing Pier Francesco Guarguaglini, chief executive officer of defense company Finmeccanica SpA. Russia's Severstal is interested in acquiring a stake in Finmeccanica's power-plant construction and turbine unit, the defense company said yesterday.
Today's comments were from an Ifil spokesman who declined to be named. A spokeswoman for Juventus and a spokesman for Severstal declined to comment.
Ifil owns 62 percent of Juventus, which returned to Italy's Premier soccer league in August, a year after being demoted for match fixing.
Juventus rose as much as 12 percent to 1.13 euros and traded at 1.07 euros at 12:12 p.m., giving the company a market value of 217 million euros ($341 million).

--With reporting by Tommaso Ebhardt in Milan. Editors: Chris Staiti, Peter Morley

To contact the reporter on this story:
Armorel Kenna in Milan at +39-02-8064-4216 or [email protected]

To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Kenneth Wong in Berlin at +49-30-70010-6215 or [email protected]

===============================================

Juventus SpA (JUVE IM), the Turin soccer team that returned to Italy's top league a year after being demoted for match- fixing, gained 7.7 percent to 1.09 euros, the highest since November.
Ifil SpA, the Agnelli family holding company, said it doesn't plan to cut its stake in Juventus Football Club SpA and hasn't received any offers for the team.
Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore reported today that OAO Severstal plans to buy a stake in the Turin-based team, citing Pier Francesco Guarguaglini, chief executive officer of defense company Finmeccanica SpA. Russia's Severstal is interested in acquiring a stake in Finmeccanica's power-plant construction and turbine unit, the defense company said yesterday.

=========================================

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
And that its suggested its more about minority share then a take over anyway.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I wish I would have put away some money in this shit....45 f-in percent

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Pulsar, proud owner of Juve stock? Sounds too weird. Even if it was only for 2 weeks.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
LOL well indirectly yes, I don't own shares directly and it is probably 0.01% of my total money invested in equities

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Not really. You see some people regard investing as a show of good faith, others think that they should only support socially acceptable companies. Or environmentaly friendly companies.

However, to me, and most other guys who look at everything financially, it is an investment. I am lending my money to X believing I will get X + Y back.

And as far as conflict of interest, not applicable b/c it wasn't direct. Others made the decision for me (Not a dumb broker, but an index provider)

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Wow, financial Pulsy is a lot more dispassionate than Interista Pulsy. :)

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
And as far as conflict of interest, not applicable b/c it wasn't direct. Others made the decision for me (Not a dumb broker, but an index provider)
Ooooh. I thought Pulsar was his own man, or shall we say his own financial shark. I have to say I'm a little disappointed.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
And I thought you coded VBulletin all by yourself as well. ;)

I would recommend what I do to everyone. I have three holdings really. That hold pretty much everything. And that's all I need.

I'll guarantee you if I chose my own investments I wouldn't make nearly as much. The main reason is that markets are extremely efficient, at least those accessible to me and other mainstream guys. Second reasons is that behavioral finance would finish me off in my fllawed decisions.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
And I thought you coded VBulletin all by yourself as well. ;)
:D

I got the impression from your blogging though. I saw some of your writing and it was pretty much as understandable as vBulletin code would be to you, so I naturally assumed you're a wizard. ;)

I would recommend what I do to everyone. I have three holdings really. That hold pretty much everything. And that's all I need.

I'll guarantee you if I chose my own investments I wouldn't make nearly as much. The main reason is that markets are extremely efficient, at least those accessible to me and other mainstream guys. Second reasons is that behavioral finance would finish me off in my fllawed decisions.
Are those like mutual funds? I put some savings in one of those once. Turned out to be a really stupid idea. Before the investment I'd get these brochures where the curve kept going up. In the 10 years that followed the curves kept dropping and never even made it back up to the original position. :lala:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
You know numerodix.. you did something right.

That is feeding the fund managers... where they charge yearly.

You only notice the 'curve'

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
:D

I got the impression from your blogging though. I saw some of your writing and it was pretty much as understandable as vBulletin code would be to you, so I naturally assumed you're a wizard. ;)

Are those like mutual funds? I put some savings in one of those once. Turned out to be a really stupid idea. Before the investment I'd get these brochures where the curve kept going up. In the 10 years that followed the curves kept dropping and never even made it back up to the original position. :lala:
I don't know much, but b/c of my work I know a bit here and there

But more importantly your second point: Everyone can predict past performance. What happened yesterday will not happen tomorrow. And most importantly those who do well one year are often the laggards the next.

That is why I suggest indexed mutual funds. I'll tell you right away what I own, b/c I could careless, it's not a great secret based on my posts

Vanguard Total Stock Market (90%+) of the US Equity Markets (Large, Mid, and Small Cap in the exact proportions found in the markets)

Vanguard FTSE All-World Ex-US (same concept, but with everything outside the US with exception of frontier markets like many in the MIddle East and Africa)- this funds own Juventus, albeit 0.000001%

Vanguard Total Bond Market (Entire bond world)

I know one thing. Markets will go up over time. I also know another thing. Saving early and letting compounding do the trick will gain you capital over the long run. So if I put my money into these things, I will gain more than most people over the long run.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
You know numerodix.. you did something right.

That is feeding the fund managers... where they charge yearly.

You only notice the 'curve'
You gotta tell me bro, is the euro gonna flop or what? I'm heavily tilted towards my international fund right now...heavily

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
You got a better clue over there on the subprime thing... I 'd be suprised if you choose to hold your domestic stuffs ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
You got a better clue over there on the subprime thing... I 'd be suprised if you choose to hold your domestic stuffs ;)
LOL how did you guess

I'm weighted 70% International 30% US right now in stocks..approximately 70-25-5 in terms of INT-US-Bonds

And you can guess that all of my US exposure is in my retirement accounts

I figure by the time I retire in 40 odd years the subprime crisis should have passed ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts