Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been saying that our youth teams look VERY promising. We've topped our u-19 group with a maximum 9 points.

7-0 vs. Estonia, 1-0 vs. Bosnia, and 3-2 vs. Germany.

Our U-21's are joint top of their group with Spain who we've yet to ply. W have a 3-0 win over Kazakhstan and a 1-0 win over Poland.

I see a very bright future for us.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Dmitriy said:
I've been saying that our youth teams look VERY promising. We've topped our u-19 group with a maximum 9 points.

7-0 vs. Estonia, 1-0 vs. Bosnia, and 3-2 vs. Germany.

Our U-21's are joint top of their group with Spain who we've yet to ply. W have a 3-0 win over Kazakhstan and a 1-0 win over Poland.

I see a very bright future for us.
:yawn: ,only Dmitry thins so.......

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Dmitriy said:
ooooooooo, surprise surprise ! kleber can't say one good thing about our football..not one. :rolleyes:
Well i know what i talk about...and i realy can not praise anything from the russian nt's....especialy the defense sucks big time,no class defenders in russia,not even good.

·
Registered
66,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kleber said:
Well i know what i talk about...and i realy can not praise anything from the russian nt's....especialy the defense sucks big time,no class defenders in russia,not even good.

Ignashevitch is a good defender...outside of igna we have major problems in the back definatley.

our attack is the best in Eastern Europe imo and our midfield along with Croatia's is the best in EE.

Anyway, this thread is about our very promising youth squads.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Dmitriy said:
Ignashevitch is a good defender...outside of igna we have major problems in the back definatley.

our attack is the best in Eastern Europe imo and our midfield along with Croatia's is the best in EE.

Anyway, this thread is about our very promising youth squads.[/QUOTE

You could even had the best attacking from the world..with your lack of quality defenders you will go nowwhere in the world football.

And of course the coach quality.

·
Registered
66,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kleber said:
Dmitriy said:

Anyway, this thread is about our very promising youth squads.[/QUOTE

You could even had the best attacking from the world..with your lack of quality defenders you will go nowwhere in the world football.

And of course the coach quality.

The coach isn't a big problem. Russia doesn't need a Russian coach, we can attract big names. Despite our lackluster results, Russia is a big team and we can bring in world class coaches.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Dmitriy said:
kleber said:
The coach isn't a big problem. Russia doesn't need a Russian coach, we can attract big names. Despite our lackluster results, Russia is a big team and we can bring in world class coaches.
yeah,and who will teach all the kids to play football?:googly: ,you will send a top foregn coach for each one?the foreign coach the end product but what about the rest?

·
Registered
66,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kleber said:
Dmitriy said:
yeah,and who will teach all the kids to play football?:googly: ,you will send a top foregn coach for each one?the foreign coach the end product but what about the rest?

See this is where we disagree. like I said our youth teams are very strong right now and a lot of talent is coming out of Russia. Hiddink said that he's very impressed with how much effort Russia is putting into youth development and that in 2-3 years Russia will be an elite squad! ::D

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Dmitriy said:
kleber said:
See this is where we disagree. like I said our youth teams are very strong right now and a lot of talent is coming out of Russia. Hiddink said that he's very impressed with how much effort Russia is putting into youth development and that in 2-3 years Russia will be an elite squad! ::D
Hiddink,maybe he is the one out of mind,not me.:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
any of you guys paying attention to the U-18: St. Petersburg Tournament?

Russia will probably win the thing. but what i wanted to get at is are there any video highlights available of the tournament? i cannot tell how big the stadiums are, but from the pics it looks like there is a fair amount of interest from Russian fans:

good site:
http://www.granatkin.ru/2008/

good quotes and nice pictures from the games under "matches"

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
No surprise, Russia again fail to qualify for the U 21 euro,do they ever qualify after the end of Soviet Union?i guess no.

Spain completed their Group 4 campaign in style as two goals in the last 20 minutes from Juan Mata and Gerard Piqué earned Juán Ramón López Caro's team an eighth win in eight outings while ending Russia's UEFA European Under-21 Championship aspirations.

Spain depleted
With their place in Friday's play-off draw guaranteed, the pressure was off a Spain side depleted by a host of suspensions, whereas Russia still harboured hopes of claiming one of the four best runners-up spots. Victory would have seen them through, and the visitors to Palencia were in contention until 20 minutes from time when Valencia CF forward Mata struck from the penalty spot. It was a hammer blow for Group 4's second-placed team, and defender Piqué sealed their fate moments later with a powerful header from a corner as Spain signed off with a 100 per cent record.

·
Registered
66,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If we had anyone but Spain we would've made it. We dominated them in Moscow and should have won but lost 2-1. This time they were the better side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts