Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
66,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we should sticky this as well ( who the hell's the mod ) along with the players abrod and transfers threads.

Anyway, we have a "friendly" coming up against our historical rivals in all asspects of life, Poland.

Friendly or not, to me this is Russia vs. Poland thus I want our guys to win and if possible win big. The game's in Moscow, and losing to the Poles at home is unthinkable.

Let's go Rossiya ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Oh what a fighting attitude :pp , you made it sound better thant it will be , just a football friendly between two football teams, which we are going to win :embarass: .

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Goalkeepers: Bladimir Gabulov (Kuban), Anton Shunin (Dinamo);

Defenders: Alexander Anyukov (Zenit); Alexei Berezutsky, Vasily Berezutsky, Sergei Ignashevich (CSKA); Denis Kolodin (Dinamo);

Midfielders: Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (Lokomotiv), Roman Vorobyev (Khimki), Yuri Zhirkov (CSKA), Konstantin Zyryanov (Zenit), Ivan Saenko (Nurnberg), Igor Semshov (Dinamo), Dmitri Torbinski (Spartak);

Forwards: Andrei Arshavin, Pavel Pogrebnyak (Zenit); Roman Pavlyuchenko (Spartak); Dmitri Sychev (Lokomotiv)

·
Registered
66,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GK seems to be a concern. No playmaker there so we should have Bilya and Zhirkov starting for sure to provide some skill. Hopefully Bilya-Arshavin-Sytchev will link up well, unless Hiddink decides to put in Pavlyuchenko as a sole target striker instead of Sytchev.

·
Registered
66,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Pavlyuchenko should get the starting spot againt Poland. He's our most in form striker right now.

Btw our attacking line is DEEP right now, Pavlyuchenko, Sytchev, Kerzhakov, Arshavin, Sytchev, Kolodin, Kirichenko, etc.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Dmitriy said:
I think Pavlyuchenko should get the starting spot againt Poland. He's our most in form striker right now.

Btw our attacking line is DEEP right now, Pavlyuchenko, Sytchev, Kerzhakov, Arshavin, Sytchev, Kolodin, Kirichenko, etc.
Kolodin?:confused:,the guy is a def mid.......

I will say arshavin,sychev,pavluchenko at the moment but maybe this is too much for russian defense and mid to handle........Russia produce good strikers and so few defenders and mid's.:thmbdown:

·
Registered
66,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kleber said:
Kolodin?:confused:,the guy is a def mid.......

I will say arshavin,sychev,pavluchenko at the moment but maybe this is too much for russian defense and mid to handle........Russia produce good strikers and so few defenders and mid's.:thmbdown:

Maybe Sytchev for his speed, but Arshavin and Kerzh have an understanding on the field.

We could go with a 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 maybe.

Bystrov-Kolodin-Titov-Zhirkov
----------Arshavin--------
Pavlyuchenko-Kerzh/Sytchev

·
Registered
66,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Вратари: Владимир Габулов ("Кубань"), Антон Шунин ("Динамо")
защитники: Александр Анюков ("Зенит"), Алексей Березуцкий, Василий Березуцкий (оба - ЦСКА), Денис Колодин ("Динамо")
полузащитники: Динияр Билялетдинов ("Локомотив"), Роман Воробьев ("Химки"), Юрий Жирков (ЦСКА), Константин Зырянов ("Зенит"), Иван Саенко ("Нюрнберг"), Игорь Семшов ("Динамо"), Дмитрий Торбинский ("Спартак" М)
нападающие: Андрей Аршавин, Павел Погребняк (оба - "Зенит"), Роман Павлюченко ("Спартак" М), Дмитрий Сычев ("Локомотив")

There's the squad, no Ignashevtich or Bystrov. I'd put out a squad like this maybe.

-----Gabulov----
Anyukov-Vasya-Lyosha
-----Kolodin-Zyranov
Semshov---Bilyaletdinov-Zhirkov
----Arshavin-----
------------------Pavlyuchenko

·
Registered
66,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok it works now.

Anyway, very good first half by us. We're spreading the ball around and we've been giving the Poles problems with our speed. Very very good game by us so far :thumbsup:

Btw, our u-20's beat Kazakhstan 1-0, Dzyuba with the goal.

·
Registered
66,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Saw the interview with Hiddink at half-time. He said it fills him with enthusiasm that Russia has so many people who want to succeed in football and are emphasizing youth development.

He also said that in about 2 years time Russia will be an ELITE team :thumbsup:

·
Registered
66,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2-2. Fair result definatley. We were better in the first half, and they were better in the second.

MoM for me was Sytchev. Torbinskiy btw was absolutely awful.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Dmitriy said:
Saw the interview with Hiddink at half-time. He said it fills him with enthusiasm that Russia has so many people who want to succeed in football and are emphasizing youth development.

He also said that in about 2 years time Russia will be an ELITE team :thumbsup:
ROTFL:howler:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts