Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Azerbaijani cuisine is for me is number one!However I also like Russian cuisine..which Russian meal is your favourite?what did u tried?

My favourite is Pirozhki..Pirozhki are small stuffed buns (pies) made of either yeast dough or short pastry. They are filled with one of many different fillings and are either baked (the ancient Slavic method) or shallow-fried. One feature of pirozhki that sets them apart from, for example, English pies is that the fillings used are almost invariably fully cooked. The use of chopped hard-boiled eggs in fillings is another interesting feature. Four typical fillings for traditional pirozhki are:

Fish sautéed with onions and mixed with hard-boiled chopped eggs.
Chopped boiled meat mixed with sauteed onions and eggs.
Mashed potatoes mixed with eggs and sour cream.
Sautéed cabbage.

I also love Borsch and Pelmeni:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
I dont like it, I love it :lick::D especially now, because I'm so hungry :wallbang: Thank God it's Friday, and just 2 minutes till the end of the working week :happy::party::D

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Julia said:
I dont like it, I love it :lick::D especially now, because I'm so hungry :wallbang: Thank God it's Friday, and just 2 minutes till the end of the working week :happy::party::D
You just need to drink water and breath air:D

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Pelmeni is probably my favourite Russian food (although maybe that's cos I don't know the names of lots of things :D)

Actually there are plenty of salads that I really like too. And baked potatoes with things like crab meat. Don't know if thatexclusively Russian though :D

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
Pelmeni is probably my favourite Russian food (although maybe that's cos I don't know the names of lots of things :D)

Actually there are plenty of salads that I really like too. And baked potatoes with things like crab meat. Don't know if thatexclusively Russian though :D
I love pelmeni too :lick: Even if they are unhealthy :D

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Angle_eyes said:

Mate,did u been in Russian Shop in Glasgow?they got pelmeni up there but I didn't like it ..however sausages up there is blast!!!:)

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
What Russian shop? I know there's a restaurant in the Merchant City, but i've not been.

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Angle_eyes said:
What Russian shop? I know there's a restaurant in the Merchant City, but i've not been.
I know which one you talking about but there is also russian shop I think on High Street..and it's opened nearly 2 years ago:rollani:

·
Registered
66,819 Posts
Home made Pilmeni are the best, sometimes if you buy them from delis they suck.

Anyway yes I like Russian food because my mom is an incredible cook. My favourites are, Sirniki, Vareniki ( with beef ), Pirozhki ( everyone loves them), Garohevi soup, and Borche.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts