Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Russian billionaire plans ?00M Man Utd takeover
tribalfootball.com - December 30, 2003

Russian billionaire Ralif Safin is being linked with a takeover of Manchester United.
Safin, 49, is the co-founder of Russia's biggest oil company Lukoil and a prominent politician. He also is one of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's biggest rivals.

The City has being buzzing with talk about a Russian investor stalking United - now valued at almost ?00 million.

Henk Potts, a top City analyst at Barclays, told The Sun: "Given how far United shares have moved this year - and considering the big players have strengthened their positions - Mr Safin would have to pay an absolute fortune to takeover the club."

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
too bad! The most part of Russians hate Abramovich cuz he bought one english team and not one Russian....so if this Ralif Safin will buy Manchester United will be hated in Russia too!

:yuck:

i can't understand that...they had to buy one russian team! And they have to make great russian football!

That's meant that they're not interest in football just they are interest to became"famouse" in other country...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Arianna said:
too bad! The most part of Russians hate Abramovich cuz he bought one english team and not one Russian....so if this Ralif Safin will buy Manchester United will be hated in Russia too!

:yuck:

i can't understand that...they had to buy one russian team! And they have to make great russian football!

That's meant that they're not interest in football just they are interest to became"famouse" in other country...
Well of course they can hate him. Abramovich at first wanted to buy "Torpedo". This club was really bad at this time, Abramovich offered some money which was enough, but Torepdo owner asked 60 billions from him, do you think it`s normal for such club? So i understand Abramovich, he added some 10 or 20 billions and bought normal - Europe class club with infrastructure and stadium, lot of fans and popularity - what`s wrong in it? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
redbox said:
Well of course they can hate him. Abramovich at first wanted to buy "Torpedo". This club was really bad at this time, Abramovich offered some money which was enough, but Torepdo owner asked 60 billions from him, do you think it`s normal for such club? So i understand Abramovich, he added some 10 or 20 billions and bought normal - Europe class club with infrastructure and stadium, lot of fans and popularity - what`s wrong in it? :rolleyes:
...just english football is so strong...was better if him made so strong one team of Russia...i'd like to see one russian team strong in Europe!:D

·
Registered
591 Posts
Arianna said:
...just english football is so strong...was better if him made so strong one team of Russia...i'd like to see one russian team strong in Europe!:D
One strong russian team consisting of non-russian players? I doubt that russian clubs can be strong if there`s playing only russians. So there`s no point of that. Each millionaire puts his money where`s better for him, and Chealsea or ManUnt. is definitely good and well choice

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
redbox said:
One strong russian team consisting of non-russian players? I doubt that russian clubs can be strong if there`s playing only russians. So there`s no point of that. Each millionaire puts his money where`s better for him, and Chealsea or ManUnt. is definitely good and well choice
There are many great players in Russia...but all people underrated them:eek: :rolleyes:
when i will become billionaire i will buy Lokomotiv Moscow! :D

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Arianna said:
lol:D i will be the firts girl president maybe?:confused: :D
You'll have all my support. :)
Happy new year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts