Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The russians have been looking good and tunisians have been looking so so. It will take a major upset for the north africans to win this game.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Although I would like to see Tunisia win, it's very unlikely. So I voted for Russia. But I'm supporting Tunisia, and hoping they prove me wrong.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Russians will be too strong with the likes of Mostovi, Titov and Karpin. They should win this match 2-0 I reckon :cool:

·
Registered
333 Posts
This is obviously a must win for Russia. They are my favourites for the group, and a darkhorse to reach the quarters.

I'm looking forward to again seeing Russia in a major tourney. Last time they were in one (Euro 96) , I seem to remember they beat Italy, but neither advanced with the Czech Rep & Germany advancing.

Also looking forward to seeing if Sychev gets off the bench. I've heard a lot of good things about the kid.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can you spell U-P-S-E-T? :dazed: :yuck:

That is what Tunisia is going to get in their stomachs after Russia destroys them 4-0 A cake walk for the Russians :strong:

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
4-0? What are you smoking? Although I'm sticking with Tunisia to win even if Tunis loses at worse it would be 2-0. I really hope Russia has the same arrogance as many people here.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
KOBE, Japan, June 3 (DS) - Russia national team today arrived in Kobe to face Tunisia on June 5.

Russia spokesman Gusev told ITAR TASS that today the team will have their open training session, with the press allowed to be present for at least 15 minutes.

Injured midfielder Mostovoi is still recovering and has separate trainings as well as Smertin does.
Onopko and Daev, who have been training by a separate schedule, have rejoined the squad.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Russia looks pretty well now, and I guess they will leave no chance to Tunisia.
I want to see Sychev, who is extremely tallented and very young. We will probably have an opportunity to see him in the second half.
My prediction: Russia2-0Tunisia.

·
Registered
765 Posts
If the Russians are just half as good as the Soviet Union's team was in 1986 I'll be looking forward to following them.

Tunisia was awful against Denmark in the warm-up match - Denmark played at 70 % and still won.

Russia has always produced interesting players and I wish them luck!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Fernando Andres said:
Can you spell U-P-S-E-T? :dazed: :yuck:

That is what Tunisia is going to get in their stomachs after Russia destroys them 4-0 A cake walk for the Russians :strong:
Are you serious? I think Tunisia are going to win 2-1 and even if they dont win they are not gonna lose 4-0 to Russia and no way is it gonna be a cake walk!!!

·
International
8,545 Posts
It's amazing how much credit the Russian's get for doing nothing.

Anybody who saw a good deal of their qualifying campaign can't say too many good things about them, unless they're smoking crack.

Dunno much about Tunisia though....

·
Registered
333 Posts
IVO...

I'll say one thing. Their qualifying group was tough. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. They had to beat Slovenia, Yugoslavia and Switzerland. The Croatians brag about giving up only 2 goals in qualifying, but their group had some low scoring teams.

Poland had an easier time winning their group due to Norway's demise, but we saw that they weren't very strong.

This is why they play the games. Talk is cheap.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I didn't see Croatia play and I knew more about how they would play than you did. Don't get me started on how Croatia was old and you all wanted to deny it. Then you all said they were old after the fact.

Following Croatia, you should have known that having your game winners be geezers could turn out bad. I didn't watch them and I knew that.

Look, there's no way I can watch all these games. I have a hard enough time making sure I can watch all Portugal's games. I follow all the results of all the games, read the match reports to get a feel of how teams are doing. That's the best I can do.

Good Luck against Italy.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Actually when I saw the starting line up, I wasn't confident at all, you can check the thread and you'll see that. I tried to be positive because negativity never helped anybody. Our problem was 3 defensive midfielders in a 4 man midfield which left Prosinecki by himself without anybody who could even pass the ball around well. Suker never should've started in the first place but only Jozic can say why he did.

So I wouldn't say you knew better how we'd perform because u never knew what I thought in the first place and you just proved it, sorry.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I apologize. I guess you weren't part of the herd mentality that went psycho if any one mentioned the age of certain players.

So you thought those Suker was too old?, past it, at this level.

Well my point stands. A lot of the Croat posters disagreed angrily about the "age" factor, then a lot said the exact same thing they were arguing against.

Russia has looked good so far (20 mins). They're using kids, which is a plus.

·
International
8,545 Posts
I thought Suker was too old 2 years ago.

But your point doesn't stand, you made an assumption about Croatia which was partially right, you made an assumption about me which was wrong and you've made an assumption on Russia's capabilities.

You make predictions and assumptions based on uninformed opinions, they may be right at times, but nonetheless uninformed. Therefore my point stands.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
first half 0-0...very boring...but tunisia is a better team that i originally thought...

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
2-0 to Russia!

first a defence blunder then a penalty!

·
Registered
333 Posts
IVO...

Time is short. I need your "expert opinion":D

Please go to the USA-Portugal thread and write something about how Portugal isn't that good; and people who think they're good being crack smokers, etc...

Maybe you're bitter after the "Croatian Desecration":D

Russia may not be that great, but they earned their way here, they're in a relatively easy group, and they're on their way to taking advantage of the weakest team in their group. They still have a chance to advance. Maybe you're jealous.

I need your "expert" opinion. Seriously :D Go to the POR-USA thread and say something bad about Portugal; we can use all the help we can get. Time is of the essence.

Even better idea. Maybe I can follow you on your "Tour of Bitterness". This is where you go to different threads and tell us which teams do not meet your approval.

Man, if you don't approve of the Russians, then in your "expert, oh yeah, informed opinion":D , you must have known that Croatia would be so lacking against Mexico.

With your "informed opinion":D (with bitterness thrown in) I'll know who all the bad teams are.

Look. It's not the Russian's fault that Mexico beat Croatia.

51 minutes left. Please do me that favour. It's always nice to have some extra support:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts