Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2009.html

Their uefa ranking is pretty impressive,they will finnish this year in 6 place by far and close to France.

Last year they manage to get the 6 place who belongs to portugal for 4 years.

They will be in 6 place for the the next two european campaigns,09/10,10/11 and likely will kept it in 11/12 unless romania pulls something.

So in the next three champions league editions Russia will have two teams in the group stage and one in the qual rounds,can make history by having three clubs there,it will be hard this year because dynamo is unseeded in the cl qual rounds.

The rus league last year was pretty competitve,rubin got a surprise title,zenit only fifth,spartak and loko out of eurocups unless they win the cup.Amkar got a surprise fourth place as dynamo a third place after 11 years.

So can they go futher,challenge France and maybe Germany or now with 6 clubs in eurocups being the points divided by 6 and not 4 they will fall and left the 6 place in 2012.

Can the likes of rubin,amkar and Dynamo made something in europe or will they have a negative impact in Russia uefa ranking.

Will they only rely on cska,zenit and spartak or lokomotiv to get their european points?

Two uefa cups in last 4 years,another good chance to win it again this year,good euro 2008 with almost all squad playing in Russia.

What miss,a champions league team and a 2010 good world cup performance?

There is 9-10 russian clubs who have ambitions to play in euro cups having a high budget,but will the financial crisis hit a rising power more than the top five leagues who are already in the top for so many years?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Its only natural that Russia is up there. There isnt too much difference in german, french or russian teams these days. I would go as far as saying that Zenit and CSKA are as good as any german og french top team. The last 5 years russian teams has won 3 european trophies....german and french 0.

Rubin, Amkar and Dynamo all have good squad and have the potential to make a surprise allthough they are unseeded.

In 4-5 years Russia will be fighting with ENgland, SPain and Italy imo. Espeically if the 6+5 rule goes through, which I hope it does.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Money, money, money.. must be funny..

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Zenit and CSKA both play with 7-8 Russian players in their starting lineup.......so its not only the money. U can say its money when you talk about teams like CHelsea and Arsenal but the main factor in RUssian succes has not been money imo. Just that the average russian player has become a lot better.

·
Panopoticon
1,287 Posts
The average Russian player was never bad, they've just had to go through a lot of restructuring making the transition from the Soviet Union to Russia. Still, the main factor is obviously money, Zenit or CSKA would be nowhere without the cash influx. It takes money to assemble the best Russian players in one team.

If it wasn't for the weather, the Russian league would be very, very lucrative business.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stll the stadiums are kinda of poor and attendances horrible in moscow ,russia here have a big handicap,only three good stadiums and all in moscow.

By 2012 moscow should have 6 good stadiumsplus zenit and kazan but you will still have problems with the regional clubs stadiums.

In terms of the clubs budget overall they are six in europe by now.

Though there is now some profits from tv rights they are realy small compared with western europe.

Problem isthat only oneprivate is big,ntv so there is no fight for the league tv rights,rtr isthe only other big tv station available but belongs to the state.

·
Registered
67,690 Posts
Like Aab said, if the 6+5 rule gos into affect we'll have one of the top leagues in Europe. I hope Platini gets it done as I'm in a constant battle with my stomach. I want to throw up every time I see Inter/Liveprool/Chelsea/Arsenal, etc. play with 90% foreign players.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Like Aab said, if the 6+5 rule gos into affect we'll have one of the top leagues in Europe. I hope Platini gets it done as I'm in a constant battle with my stomach. I want to throw up every time I see Inter/Liveprool/Chelsea/Arsenal, etc. play with 90% foreign players.
I don't know about top league, but Zenit, CSKA & Spartak will certainly be more competitive in CL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts