Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a Slovenian journalist working for a soccer magazine about World Cup 2002. I have to write something about Russia, and I'd like someone who has a more direct contact with the Russian NT (like someone who's Russian ;)) to help me. I don't need to know much, mostly you'd help me with the players, that are most likely to go to Japan.

You can contact me thru here, or by e-mail:
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Well, here`s the list:

Untouchables

GK: Nigmatoulin (Verona)

Defenders: Onopko (Oviedo), Kovtun (Spartak), Nikiforov (PSV), Smertin (Bordo), Chugainov (Uralan), Sennikov (Lokomotiv).

Midfielders: Mostovoi, Karpin (both - Celta), Hohlov (Real Sociedad), Titov (Spartak), Izmailov (Lokomotiv), Semak (CSKA), Alenichev (Porto).

Forwards: Beschastnyh (Spartak), Sychev (Spartak)

Doubtful

GKs: Filimonov (Uralan), Ovchinnikov (Lokomotiv)

Players in the field: Hlestov, Daev, Karyaka... May be somebody else will improve.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you contact me thru e-mail, as I'd like to know things more in detail?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Laska kolbaska said:
Well, here`s the list:

Untouchables

GK: Nigmatoulin (Verona)

Defenders: Onopko (Oviedo), Kovtun (Spartak), Nikiforov (PSV), Smertin (Bordo), Chugainov (Uralan), Sennikov (Lokomotiv).

Midfielders: Mostovoi, Karpin (both - Celta), Hohlov (Real Sociedad), Titov (Spartak), Izmailov (Lokomotiv), Semak (CSKA), Alenichev (Porto).

Forwards: Beschastnyh (Spartak), Sychev (Spartak)

Doubtful

GKs: Filimonov (Uralan), Ovchinnikov (Lokomotiv)

Players in the field: Hlestov, Daev, Karyaka... May be somebody else will improve.
Laska, I don't think Sennikov and Sychev are untouchable. At least Karyaka is more untouchable that they. They are good players and have good chances but nobody ordered them tickets to Japan and Korea. About the rest of the players, I absolutely agree.
:)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Otto, OK Sennikov is doubtful, but do you really think Romantsev won`t take Sychev? I have no doubts about that! Even if Sychev will play very bad, he will go to Japan, not as a starter but as a substituter.

Montella, you can send me all your questions by e-mail:

[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts