Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
66,201 Posts
That was the exact reason I wanted them gone, not to mention that their field was an absolute joke.

Man it would be great to see Khimki/Saturn gone and Alania/Anzhi or Baltika promoted.

·
Registered
66,201 Posts
Alania will make it, they have some of the best fans and attendances in Russia ( when in the top flight). Alania belongs in the RPL, not the first division.

Not to mention, the Ossetia region puts out a crazy amount of talent considering how little Ossetians there are in Russia as a whole.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Metalurg Lipetsk-Alania 1-5.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
I'm really interested in the teams from the far east, like FC Chita, SKA Khabarovsk, Sibir and of course Luch.
And on a lower level for example Okean Nakhodka and that team from Sakhalin.

Why do you all have sympathy for Baltika, due to geography or any other reason?

What happened to Luch? From Premier League to relegation zone of first division the next year. I have not been able to follow them but were partial to them for their geographical oddity.
Indeed, anyone knows more about them?

That was the exact reason I wanted them gone, not to mention that their field was an absolute joke.
It isn't that bad...

Man it would be great to see Khimki/Saturn gone and Alania/Anzhi or Baltika promoted.
Why those two?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like Balktika because of geography and I have visited Kaliningrad.

I think Dima speaks for everyone in wanting those teams gone because they are fake teams with no fans. They were created with corruption, have no fan base. Heck, Saturn isn't even in a city of more than 15,000. It is funded by Mafia in a corrupt town outside of Moscow, thats why its called Saturn Moscow Region. Khimki was just founded so someone (forgot who) could get RPL head coaching experience. It doesn't really deserve to be a team, but Khimki does have the best small team stadium in the RPL.

Alania and Anzhi both have passionate fan bases, and fill their stadium, or at least would in the RPL. The south seems to have more avid fans for smaller teams I think.... Amkar, KS, most of the Moscow teams, etc have empty stadiums and Rostov Kuban this year's additions seem to have better game atmospheres and fans than many of the RPL mainstays.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another thing, whatever happend with Rotor Volgograd?
I think they went broke and kept getting kicked down a few levels and still kept going broke and lost their license. Probably corruption involved in someway but that is just my speculation.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think Anzi/Alania, 2 smaller clubs but with good fanbases and an identity have a chance to teams with an identiy as opposed to the Moscow clubs without one.

Rubin is a model example of what is good for the RPL and what can be done. It is nice the league is getting less Moscow-centric because Moscow is over-saturated with teams and doesn't need so many beyond the biggest 4 + Moscva/Torpedo. Even Moscva is an empty team as well. I think it would be good for the RPL to expand to some of other Russian cities with good fan base and talent base.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Top five after 16 rounds.

Alania 34
Anzhi 33
Shinnik 32
Sibir 31
Kamaz 27

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Fk Mvd Rossiya Moskva withdraw from the competition.

They will play in the amateur league.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts