1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
20,296 Posts
Who gets their WC spot?

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
37,949 Posts
Interestingly enough this decision seems to have been taken solely based on the information provided by a "whistleblower" and not by an independent investigation. How do they know the whistleblower's information is correct? It might just as well be a smear by a disgruntled former employee. To take such drastic measure there really should be concrete and independently verified information.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interestingly enough this decision seems to have been taken solely based on the information provided by a "whistleblower" and not by an independent investigation. How do they know the whistleblower's information is correct? It might just as well be a smear by a disgruntled former employee. To take such drastic measure there really should be concrete and independently verified information.
he was the chief of Moscow's anti doping lab though (although it was actually a pro doping lab)

it's basically like taking down the whole mafia network based on the testimony of the mob boss himself

·
1st Tier Poster
48,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
watch Icarus on Netflix

I don't remember if I posted about this movie on XT at the time but I watched it soon after it came out and was blown away by the explosive content (even though not many were talking about it back then as it was before the bans).

soon after WADA actually started to move and take steps based on this info

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
37,949 Posts
he was the chief of Moscow's anti doping lab though (although it was actually a pro doping lab)

it's basically like taking down the whole mafia network based on the testimony of the mob boss himself
It would still require corroborating evidence. The Maxi trial wasn't just based on Buscetta's testimony alone. The information he revealed was investigated for years, before going to trial, which also lasted for years.

Seems to me WADA was very eager to pull the trigger.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts