1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I am still sticking to Figo.

M

·
0 Posts
I don't think Beckham will win this, all though in my opinion he should. Thing is if the last poll had been closed as quickly as what all the other polls were and wasn't closed as soon as Figo caught up he would of won this battle already.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike said:
I don't think Beckham will win this, all though in my opinion he should. Thing is if the last poll had been closed as quickly as what all the other polls were and wasn't closed as soon as Figo caught up he would of won this battle already.

the other polls had clear winners though. some were closed quicker than others because the gap was wide enough. in this case the gap was never really wide enough and you still had pires in the mix as well.

M

·
0 Posts
Luigi Vampa said:
the other polls had clear winners though. some were closed quicker than others because the gap was wide enough. in this case the gap was never really wide enough and you still had pires in the mix as well.
What is the definition of "clear winner" though. I'd say a clear winner is the player with more votes even if it's as little as 1 vote or as big as 10, but hey, that's just me. While we are on the subject what is a "wide enough gap" to have a poll closed?
Apologies if you have already answered/explained these questions elsewhere. ;)

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
goalkeeper - 54 votes total - 33 for winner - 3 for next closest
left back - 38 votes total - 25 for winner - 4 for next closest
right back - 59 votes total - 26 for winner - 17 for next closest
first centre back - 40 votes total - 23 for winner - 5 for next closest
second centre back - 55 votes total - 14 for winner - 12 for next closest - 8 for next - 7 for next - went to a run-off
left midfield - 43 votes total - 23 for winner - 11 for next closest
first central midfielder - 53 votes total - 26 for winner - 13 for next closest
right midfielder - 66 votes total - 17 for 2 players - 12 for next closest

i dont know how many days each poll was open. this poll may have been open longer than the others or it might not have been. out of 66 votes beckham only got 17 votes good for 25% of the vote. that isnt convincing.

clear winner means the players has a considerable margin between him and the next one. the closest one that didnt go to a run off was the right back but thuram had 45% of the vote which is a good number. between him and stam they have over 70% of the vote. between beckham and figo they just reach 50% of the vote which leaves a lot of room a change in the outcome.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so basically theres no set parameters for a run off. it comes down to my judgement and ive explained my reasoning. beckham may still win this poll though, its not a foregone conclusion that hell lose.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I voted for Pires in the other poll. This time I'll vote Beckham, mainly because we know how the midfield is otherwise looking, and that midfield would be somewhat rediculous with Figo. With Becks on the other hand it's good to go.

... and I still don't like Figo :).

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Beckham!! :D

·
Registered
36,107 Posts
another run off poll in in order, this time only Beckham to vote for...surely he'd win it then? :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts