Xtratime Community banner

5841 - 5853 of 5853 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
How is Sampdoria financial situation? all I can read is that we need to sell to get balance in the sheets, or that Ferrero needs money so we must sell and buy in new young players to sell-off with an profit ofcourse this has been the strategy for the club, but my impression is that we well sell more than usual.

Thorsby, Damsgard and Audero to mention a few of the players I did not expect us to consider selling.

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,843 ·
One is quite surely Damsgaard. I wish we kept him but his value has increased enough for Ferrero to consider him the first option.

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,844 ·
The new coach according to Il Secolo XIX could be Alessio Dionisi, the coach who has just brought Empoli to serie A. The chairman of Empoli has not managed to find an agreement with him after the promotion of Empoli to serie A and it is possible that the 41 yo coach wants to join a club with different ambitions from Empoli.

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,845 ·
Giampaolo is close to Sassuolo and we get closer to Dionisi. I think it's just a matter of finding an agreement with Empoli who must release him. No club has ever kept a coach against his wish so I believe that it's just a matter of time before he is released. I'd say also a matter of money, because Empoli's chairman wants money, but Ferrero is not going to give money.

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,846 ·
New rumor regarding Patrick Vieira, the coach of Nice in the past three seasons (till December 2020), as an alternative to Dionisi.

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,847 ·
I'm not sure it is true, but according to (I have to check again what source) Ferrero didn't meet Vieira and won't do it until he has a definitive answer from Dionisi.

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,848 ·
The unpredictable (at least for me) happened and Sassuolo hired Dionisi, when it looked like we were hiring him (and Sassuolo was hiring Giampaolo).Rumors are that a higher offer of Sassuolo to the coach was decisive together with the different attitude of the management of Sassuolo, who accepted to give something (a player or two on loan) to Empoli's chairman. Ferrero clearly said he was not going to pay for a coach instead.
Dionisi could be anything. What remains is that his ambition makes him a sort of poor men's Antonio Conte. I have no doubt that he would have left us at the end of the season, for a better club, if he had had the chance, no matter whether Ferrero was ready to make hima 3-season contract. Similarly I have no doubt that he will leave Sassuolo at the end of the season if he has the chance to do it.
Now Ferrero pretends that he has 10 alternatives for the coaching job as a result of his casting, one of the candidates being Felice Tufano, the 58 yo coach of our Primavera team.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Now Ferrero pretends that he has 10 alternatives for the coaching job as a result of his casting, one of the candidates being Felice Tufano, the 58 yo coach of our Primavera team.
Hey, it worked for Barcelona, bringing in Guardiola from the B team. Also for Atlanta Braves in MLB, promoting Brian Snitker from the minor league teams.

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,850 ·
Let's analyse the alternatives who have appeared up to now

Giampaolo
pros
-he has already trained us for 3 seasons in which we have done pretty well
- he has a game plan (a few people find boring) and a few players have developed in huge plusvalenze for the club
cons
-he has had two poor season with Torino and Milan
-in Italy we talk about "minestre scaldate" for describing the players or the coaches who return and are often a flop

D'Aversa
pros
- experience in serie A with a solid traditional no-nonsense approach to the games
cons
- relegated to serie B with Parma, no matter whether he is not the main culprit of it

Iachini
pros
- he is a pet of the supporters, brought us back to serie A
cons
- in serie A he has hardly been a success

Vieira
pros
- unknown
cons
- no experience in serie A

Tufano
pros
- our Primavera is fun to watch and results are excellent
cons
- in spite of the huge experience at youth level and minor leagues, he has never been a coach in serie A

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,851 ·
A rumor which has been confirmed by the sporting director of Cagliari for crazy that it looks: Giovanni Simeone for Yoshida+Jankto. Bonazzoli as a possible alternative in the deal. This kind of deals hardly have a technical reason, it is mostly financial.

·
Registered
134 Posts
A rumor which has been confirmed by the sporting director of Cagliari for crazy that it looks: Giovanni Simeone for Yoshida+Jankto. Bonazzoli as a possible alternative in the deal. This kind of deals hardly have a technical reason, it is mostly financial.
This feels like a bad trade. Yoshida has been very stable in our defense and Jankto is finally starting develop to a palyer that's ores and creates opportunities

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

5841 - 5853 of 5853 Posts