Xtratime Community banner

5821 - 5840 of 5853 Posts

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,821 ·
The transfer window is over. Torregrossa and minor movements of loaned players from one club to another.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good to see that we did have a very calm transfer window, normally we end up selling a bunch of good players.
Happy that Jankto and Collyer did not leave.

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
I saw this story on Football Italia

Should we be worried?
I mean, isn't that how Sampdoria survives? Buying cheap youngsters and selling them at a profit. Take Schick and Torreira as examples (maybe Juan Sebastian Veron if you want to go farther back).

Adrien Silva may bring some on-the-field value, for a season or two, but acquiring players like him as a strategy seems misguided to me - you can't turn a financial profit that way.

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,824 ·
No worries, Adrien Silva is just the new Barreto (not in strictly tactical terms), the veteran in a team which will have young players, the ones Pecini will find around the world.
On La Gazzetta dello Sport today Damsgaard was mentioned as the youngest top assistman in serie A. According to the newspaper his value is right now around 20m euros and a few English clubs have him on their shopping list.

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,825 ·
Gabbiadini's contract will be prolonged till 2026. It makes sense, Manolo is top class and his goals alone are worth the price of the ticket.

The main question marks remain the contracts of Ranieri and Quagliarella. As regards Ranieri you know my opinion ("thank you and never see you again"). Quagliarella, well, it's hard to let him go, but probably the time has come.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Gabbiadini's contract will be prolonged till 2026. It makes sense, Manolo is top class and his goals alone are worth the price of the ticket.

The main question marks remain the contracts of Ranieri and Quagliarella. As regards Ranieri you know my opinion ("thank you and never see you again"). Quagliarella, well, it's hard to let him go, but probably the time has come.
Agree and hopefully Ranieri is not with us next year

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,830 · (Edited)
The new coach will be one out of Ranieri and Stankovic if we can trust the rumors which appear everywhere. As regards Ranieri the problem is one, his wages. If Ranieri accepts a cut it is possible that he will be confirmed. I'm not sure who would be eager to hire him and make him the 8th best paid coach in serie A (the way he is right now, source sisal), but according to rumors a few clubs showed their interest in the almost 70 yo Roman coach. You know I don't rate him highly, you know I think he reaches the target (if the target is reachable) but I don't think he develops players the way for example Giampaolo did.
The alternative is an unknown, even more for me because I have never watched Red Star in this season: Dejan Stankovic. According to Il Secolo XIX (a newspaper I don't trust) Ferrero met his agent for the second time. How is it that we are after Stankovic? Again, if we can trust rumors, it was Mihajlovic who suggested him to Ferrero.

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
That is weird Toni. I never expected Stankovic to become a coach. He always seemed to me as an air-head, but I guess you can't judge a book by its cover :p

I'm surprised there couldn't be another young Italian manager that can offer something. Too many teams in Serie A were very well managed this season, so I think Sampdoria can look a bit harder.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,783 Posts
I guess those Razvan Lucescu rumours were bogus anyways lol

Maybe the Parma one true though..

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
134 Posts
I hope not, we where stable team with him, but with Giampalo you know that we will finish in the 10th place

·
Registered
134 Posts
What are the chances that Walter Mazzarri returns to the bench? Would not mind him as our coach

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,839 ·
What are the chances that Walter Mazzarri returns to the bench? Would not mind him as our coach
when asked about his presence in Genova he talked about a visit to friends. Easily a lie. He probably met Ferrero who is auditioning a few coaches before deciding the new one.
There are rumors about Mazzarri joining Lazio too.
My instinct tells me that both Mazzarri and Giampaolo are going to refuse our offer.

5821 - 5840 of 5853 Posts