Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol Am I reading this correctly?!

Napoli are looking to sign Pescara's star striker and Juventus target Gianluca Lapadula for €6m.

The Serie B top scorer just stole the limelight with a masterful goal against Cesena, although top club interest in him dates back from early February.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Napoli are pushing heavily to sign the 26-year-old Italian, and have prepared an offer of €6m.

It's uncertain yet how the Serie B club will respond to this, although their rumoured preference for an exchange involving Lorenzo Insigne seems highly unlikely.

“At the moment nothing is decided or established, we're focused only on the championship,” said Pescara President Daniele Sebastiani, as reported by the Corriere. “There are many teams that want Lapadula, [Gianluca] Caprari, or both, but right now we've got nothing.

“There's nothing except interest. There are no clauses of any kind, neither moral nor real. Many things are being said that are wrong. The players belong to Pescara and the club will decide their future.

“That, and of course the players' own will. They're not packages to be sent by post and clearly their wishes will be decisive.”

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
He is a latebloomer, a younger italian version of Vardy lol. But doing it in lower division, so its kinda hard to say how he will do with bigger teams, but he is taking Serie B by storm.

He is a Juve youth product, and besides EPL, us and Napoli want to sign him it seems. He will be rather cheap. The interest for us is mainly if we sell Zaza its easy solution to have him as 4th CF. And more importantly the league is changing rules that mandates you must have 4 club homegrown players in the 25 men squad limit. He kinda makes sense for that if our interest is real (or we would be buy him just to sell on).

DUYAST2FB3c

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Mostly good goals too.

We're the faves to sign him atm. With the 4 HG rule, pretty sure he'll be part of the 25 if he signs.

And we'll still be one short sans registering another youth player. Don't know who else we can sign.

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
2nd and 3rd goalie should be homegrown to make it easy as possible. Audero will probably be 3rd goalie instead of Rubinho who's contract expires. But 2nd goalie will be harder, Juve produced goalies in the league is only grandpa Sorrentino (older then Gigi) and Mirante who I allways liked.

But I'm guessing Marrotta is planning more for potential Gigi replacement then having placeholders for HG quota.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
2nd and 3rd goalie should be homegrown to make it easy as possible. Audero will probably be 3rd goalie instead of Rubinho who's contract expires. But 2nd goalie will be harder, Juve produced goalies in the league is only grandpa Sorrentino (older then Gigi) and Mirante who I allways liked.

But I'm guessing Marrotta is planning more for potential Gigi replacement then having placeholders for HG quota.
I forgot...think there can be an unlimited number of U21 players. So, the youth players won't need to be registered as HG. They'll be available for selection anyway.

But yeah, one of the GKs needs to be a past youth player. There should be more options for the #3 Rubinho role.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
No thread yet for next summer's mercato so I'm posting this here for trolling purposes..

Napoli: €6m for Verona duo
Football Italia

Verona have reportedly requested €6m for the sale of Artur Ionita and Pierluigi Gollini to Napoli.

Hellas were officially relegated to Serie B on Monday despite beating Milan 2-1, as Carpi’s win over Empoli secured their fate.

However, it’s unlikely that Ionita and Gollini, two of their star performers, will go down with the Gialloblu.

Corriere del Veneto reports today that the Partenopei are very interested in the pair and are targeting them to strengthen their squad for next season.

However, Hellas want to bring in some funds to help construct a squad capable of a promotion push and are demanding €6m overall for the two players.

Moldova international Ionita has scored four goals in 28 appearances this season, while 21-year-old goalkeeper Gollini has impressed despite his side’s poor defensive record.

---

A Serie A club using a relegated club as a supermarket, this brings back memories from a decade ago... ;)

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
You will see clubs scrambling to sign Italian players because of the new rules. Probably why they want Gollini. Fiorentina who have like no Italians rumoured with 4-5 of em.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I wonder whether they will play more than Regini and Grassi, the two players Napoli bought in January and never played.

They should loan out Grassi to another Serie A team for next season... maybe back to Atalanta. As for Regini, he should stay and pay a close attention to Koulibaly. Another player of theirs that really needs a new team is Gabbiadini; hopefully within Serie A and go to Inter.

This new homegrown rule i like it, but the thing that bothers me the most is that it limits the squad to 25. Maybe they should revise the rule so any club who wants to go over the 25 players threshold can so as long as the extra players are Italians, but can't go more than 30.

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
Soon :cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
He is already 33, not the age to be excited about in fullback.

Evra 35, Brazagli 35, Chiellini 32, Lichtsteiner 32
Why would we not be excited about him? He improves our squad and costs nothing. It's a no-brainer. Evra worked out pretty well.

2 summers ago you said our attack was aging and our cycle was coming to an end. Fast forward to today and all our attackers are 30 or under and we've done 2 doubles and reached the CL final.

The defence will be rejuvenated over the next several transfer windows just like the attack was. It has already started with Alex Sandro 25 and Rugani 21. Bonucci is 29.

Always remember that for Marotta this is a full time job. You are at best a part time keyboard sporting director.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Why would we not be excited about him? He improves our squad and costs nothing. It's a no-brainer. Evra worked out pretty well.

2 summers ago you said our attack was aging and our cycle was coming to an end. Fast forward to today and all our attackers are 30 or under and we've done 2 doubles and reached the CL final.

The defence will be rejuvenated over the next several transfer windows just like the attack was. It has already started with Alex Sandro 25 and Rugani 21. Bonucci is 29.

Always remember that for Marotta this is a full time job. You are at best a part time keyboard sporting director.
Signing a 33 year fullback on the decline is always a gamble. Might work for short time but a definitive upgrade would've made much more sense. Especially that you have the money. Someone like Bruno Peres for example. A club like Bayern, Real, or Barca would rarely do a move like this and pick finished scrap players from other teams. If Juve want to win in Europe they need to start acting like a big European team.

Not sure what exactly are you disagreeing about in regard to my earlier point about your attack? Your attack was aging and you spent roughly 90 mil to upgrade it in the last 2 years alone. Kinda proved my earlier point, no? It worked well and you got lucky in a sense with everyone clicking but a gradual transition would have been less risky.

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
The very fact this a short term quality signing is entirely proof how eager we are for CL. Pretty much yearning for it badly before Buffon retires.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
but every season now we must be thinking of the CL. If Alves joined another big team in Europe it would be considered a good signing. I agree that age isn't on our side in defence and maybe lich may leave now. A back 4 if allegri chooses to play it could be Alves Bon chiellini and Sandro. Nothing wrong with that.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts