Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...we had an issue in the Korea-Spain game today during the PK's. The shot the Spaniard missed...

Here it is:

1. The Spanish player runs to the ball but slightly hesitates. Not taking the shot in one fluid motion.

2. On that same kick, the Korean goalie basically leaves his line and was pretty much at or near the 6 meter line even before there was contact with the ball. He makes the save...

So...what should have happened?? Should the play really have stood?? Should there have been a re-kick?? Both player broke the rules.....

·
Registered
370 Posts
I am not a ref but I think that the shooter is allowed to fake like that. I remember in euro 2002 in the dutch italy game , one of the dutch did it. And I remember in france 98 an italin player did it too. I think however that it is a bit strange that the Koreans have gotten so many calls there way. Both of Spain'g oals should have stood and the same for the Italy game. I understand a few calls but almost every call has had a direct influnce on the game's outcome.

·
Registered
541 Posts
First off, these are not penalty kicks. They are shots taken from the penalty spot. While they appear the same, FIFA insists they be differentiated.:rolleyes: Go figure. They might take a look at their referee preperations.

Fouls, dives, offsides are all judgement calls. Over the end line is not. What the AR was looking at when he stole Spain's goal is beyond me. It wasn't even close. All of the ball has to be all the way over the line. I wish he had done the US v Germany game. We would have had a goal.:depress: I think he was screened by the Turkish player. If you don't see it, don't call it, Stupid.

As a ref, I hate to question fellow officials. It's just something you avoid doing. However, Italy, the USA, and now Spain have been victimized by missed or incorrect calls. Okay, Mexico too.:rolleyes: :cool:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Oops, I forgot to answer your question. It is no longer in the laws of the game for the kicker to move in a continuous motion toward the ball. That was changed when they allowed the keeper to travel along his goal line before the kick.

If the keeper comes out of his goal before the kick, it is supposed to be retaken. It's one of those things that aren't enforced at the top levels. I think it should. It's not just a rule, it's the Law.:D

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Kerry what you are saying is that it should have been a rekick.....thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts