Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rui Costa Close To Atletico Move
12/14/2004 6:56:00 PM
Liga side Atletico Madrid are in talks with AC Milan for the signature of Manuel Rui Costa, reports Spanish daily ‘As’.
According to the report, Milan vice president Adriano Galliani would be willing to let the player go already in January.

Rui Costa is spending most of his time on the bench this season, and for this reason he might accept a six month loan to the Spanish club.

The 32 year old Portughese midfielder’s contract with the Rossoneri expires in 2006.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
really stupid move

considering pippo wont likely play....jdt is out for who knows how long

we should use the kaka-rui-sheva thing more often

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
If he's really unhappy and wants to go that's simply another thing,But if we've just offered him to Atletico then that I can't understand.We need to rely on the services and class of Rui so much,His brilliance is so important to us and we can't afford to let him go.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Rui Costa set for Atletico? Tuesday 14 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italian champions Milan have reportedly offered Atletico Madrid the services of Manuel Rui Costa.

The ‘AS’ newspaper suggests that the midfielder could complete a switch during the January transfer window.

Rui Costa is said to be unhappy with life on the Rossoneri bench and is willing to leave the outfit.

The Portuguese ace has been relegated to the sidelines for the past 18 months following the arrival of Kaka.

Milan chief Adriano Galliani has allegedly already spoken to the Spanish side to make initial enquiries.

The two clubs have an excellent relationship after the deals involving Jose Mari, Javi Moreno, Cosmin Contra and Fabricio Coloccini in the past five years.

However, it is unclear whether Rui Costa would be willing to move to La Liga in the New Year.

The creative player has always insisted that he would like to end his career with former club Benfica.

The ex-Fiorentina hero is now 32 and is tied to the Italian giants until the summer of 2006.

channel4

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Wouldn't it be stupid to just let him go this fast in January? He could be needed later on. And BTW why most those pathetic Spaniards always want players cheap from us?

·
Bobo
4,525 Posts
doing the deal would give Milan a bit of leverage in snaring Torres at much more managable price i'd say.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
How many players do they want from us before they give us Torres? :wth:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
What are you suposed to do with Torres anyway? With Gilardino looking as certain to be a Milan player next season as Shevchenko is, and Sheva and Inzaghi being the greats they are, Crespo possibly staying - where's the need?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It comes down to the fact if Rui wants to play regularly and atletico can give him that option then what can we really do?Anyway in all fairness i'd love him to stay he's a remarkable player and Individual but how much longer will he be with us?In all honesty.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Maybe Zio Fester wants Torres on a free?:lala: :devil:

Knowing :devil: HIM :devil: I wouldn't be surprised at all!:stuckup:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
San Siro said:

Cheers.;)
:howler: :howler: :howler:

P.S. Have you had other dreams of him? :cool:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Diavolo said:
:howler: :howler: :howler:

P.S. Have you had other dreams of him? :cool:
:D

Have I had any other dreams of him?:nervous:

Dreams no. But a premonitive dream yes! Last time I had such a dream was a week or so before Manchester...:stuckup::hopefull:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
San Siro said:
:D

Have I had any other dreams of him?:nervous:

Dreams no. But a premonitive dream yes! Last time I had such a dream was a week or so before Manchester...:stuckup::hopefull:

Cheers.;)
The Devilhood :devil: after your exam, should be informed at once of the "New Payman Vampirone Dream" :stuckup:

·
Registered
869 Posts
San Siro said:

Cheers.;)
ahhahahhahahahahaha :dielaugh:

Btw i think Zio Fester doesn't send away such a big player in jan,without a great replacement at least at the same level

Milan has important goals to reach, why would we risk to fail them just to please Atletico? Are we jokers ?

Torres may not go away from them, but you refuse Milan once in a lifetime
Look at Van der Vaart..a few years ago was stuckup at italian teams, now he would sell his ass to come to Serie A.

I highly rate El Ninho but i would never risk Milan's season for him..Rui is too important

I want to ask you, btw, who do you see as future replacement for Rui's role? i mean in years to come

·
Registered
303 Posts
Aimar or Cassano is the best replacement for Rui Costa ;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Btw, is Torres cup tied? Would we be able to use him for the CL should he come in January (highly unlikely IMHO...but you never know, specially with :devil: HIM :devil: )

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
San Siro said:

Cheers.;)

its by no means free considering how much we ahve given atletico

1 - 17 of 17 Posts