Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that this guy didn't have to good of a Euro this year,& we all know that when this guy plays bad our teams SLUMPS down very hard & in my opininon Figo had a marvellous tournament along with Nuno Gomes & Paulo Bento
Aslo F.Couto & J.Costa...

Along with the rest of the team...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I agree with you. I admit that because I don't follow Portugal closely I didn't expect much from them, but they far surpassed my (and honestly quite possibly even your) expectations.

I hope you guys finally get the respect you deserve. Like Marcoa said (I believe it was him): All Iberia all the time!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I would disagree and say that Rui Costa had a good Euro 2000. He was awesome against England and played better than Figo in that match. Rui Costa set up all 3 goals. I thought he done ok vs France but all of our creative players were heavily marked by the French. Only Conceicao with his defensive capabilities managed to get some joy on the right and set up Nuno for our goal.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree Rui Costa didn't play bad! I think if he's guilty of anything it's being a ball hog at times! Figo is the best no questions about it but Rui Costa is a good compliment to Figo! Portugal's play didn't surprise me at all though, we've always had great players it was just playing as a team that was the problem! It wasn't a question of if we'd play good but when we would play good! But obviously not good enough yet (we still gotta learn to pay off our refs and LINESMANS before the games)!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah he did have a Good 1st game but started to slump down... All Portugal's players are geetting heavily marked cause the opposition is aware of the dangers...I must say we gave ZIDANE alot of room 4 him 2 destroy....

There's all ways WC 2002

1 - 5 of 5 Posts