Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest that has hit the spanish press is the possible transfer of Rui Costa to Real Madrid. The player is said to want to leave Fiorentina and Sanz wants to sign him.
The transfers efforts have stopped though up until the elections for the club presidency are finalized.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
He may be a good idea. But how much would he cost?:( IMO we should still go for Vasillis Tsartas, but I guess I'm a bit of a dreamer...we'll see. Rui Costa did play great against England, but is that enough to bring him in?

P

·
0 Posts
Rui Costa said in the press yesterday through his agent that he would not go to Real Madrid.

L

·
0 Posts
Yeah but today in diarioAS they interviewed him and he said he'd love to join so you don't know what to believe.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Rui Costa is an absolute god, every team in the world would love him and he would get a game at any team in the world. And a week or two ago, Real Madrid were looking at Veron, Rui Costa is better than Veron.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
People, just read your comments! I mean this is such bull! First barca are buying Riquelme now VEron! Will this bull never end. I mean this actually hgetting pretty damn pathetic, all these crap rumors!

P

·
0 Posts
Well Labas, with all the Dutch players they are "going" to kick out, they should have the budget now -- there goes half the team =)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Really? We really should try to get Cocu (or even Zenden) from them!:) Actually, as a Holland fan, I don't mind that our team has some Dutch players (just not too much).

P

·
0 Posts
That seemed to be Barca fans' desire. I can't really blame them especially for wanting to field Catalan players. Oh well, not my problem =)

I like the Dutch team, they've got such great talent but I don't know that I'd care to see them play at Real.

I'm sure that Barca would want them all back if they were to go to Real (not that their no-direct trade to Real clause would allow it -- just ask Celedes heheheh) =)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I would love to see Dutchmen in our squad - my two favorites, or three are:
Boudewijn ZENDEN
Phillip Cocu
Frank de Boer

If we got those three I'd be ****ing cryong from joy:)!!!!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, if you'll be ****ing crying from joy, I am already ****ing crying from horror just with the thought of that possibility. :mad: :mad: :mad:

ORANJIE STAY AWAY FROM MADRID!

D

·
0 Posts
I think Real should try anything to get Rui.He would be a great addition to already a great team.He's only one of a great playmakers available since Zidane and Veron are not leaving their teams.He knows how to keep posession, dribble, assist and indeed everything about football.He has said he wants to leave Viola.Only problem could be that he isn't crazy about Real, but that could be fixed.I think we should try to exchange Savio for him and perhaps add some cash. OK, I know everyone here loves Savio but the just doesn't fit in knew 3-5-2 formation that fits Madrid so well.I think he too couldn't be happy of having a great start to the season and than be dropped for the most important games of the season.Another plus is that we'll offload another foreigner.Helguera should remain in the libero, Salgado and Carlos should get more attacking tasks sice they're attacking by nature.Redondo should remain in his DM position, Macca should be given the free role in midfield and Rui the playmaker.Of course, Raul and Anelka or Mori upfront.With recent signings Cesar, Celades and Solari and perhaps another centre back our team would have strength and depth to be what it is now - best.
MADRID 2000/2001:
Casillas/Cesar
Helguera/Sanchis
Hierro/Campo Karanka/JC
Carlos/Solari Salgado/Geremi
Redondo/Cambiasso Rui Costa/Guti Macca/Celades
Raul/Baljic
Morientes/Anelka
HALA MADRID!!!

L

·
0 Posts
Real won't be playing 3-5-2 next season Del Bosque wants to play 4-4-2.

Whatever happened to Savio getting a french passport due to his french wife?

P

·
0 Posts
I didn't know about that.... As long as they've been married for at least a year and have lived together during that time, he can get citizenship.

D

·
0 Posts
When did del Bosque said that he will play 4-4-2?
I think the one of the reasons that brought us Octava is the change of formation and playing Helguera our most important player (not the best but most important) on libero position.
What is most notably is that we can't defend with only 2 centre backs (with all respect to Campo and Karanka). Salgado and Carlos are impulsive players and they will go in attack no matter coach considers as defenders or midfielders.
I know that football is a flexible game right now and formation changes in a few seconds but I think del Bosque would be stupid to go for 4-4-2 when we all saw 3-5-2 suits us perfect as a unit and also all the players (except Savio and maybe Baljic).
HALA MADRID!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts