Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems he had been rotting on the bench for quite some time. Along with other players which i think you guys know well.

Whats the point having such a large squad when you don't rotate.

I got this feeling ever since anchelotti took over the manager post in Milan, I wont be able to watch much of him. Its like Anchelotti have something againts Rui.

If Kaka got a serious injury and out for a year(of course im not hoping for it), I bet its as good as Anchelotti getting fired.

Milan are playing brilliantly, but all im saying is Ancelotti doesnt seems to learn from his past mistakes n keep on repeating it.

No offence, just sharing my thoughts.

Btw, its been a while since i posted something regarding bout Rui in this forum. ;)

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O Glorioso said:
He still can play at a high level. I saw him play against Chelsea last Summer and he completely tore them up.
Well I know n sure can. But sadly not the person who concerned the most, Ancelotti.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,796 Posts
That's because we have Kaka, who might not be as good playmaker as Rui, but more than makes it up by the fact that he scores goals regularly, something that Rui was unfortunately unable to do.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andy Christ said:
That's because we have Kaka, who might not be as good playmaker as Rui, but more than makes it up by the fact that he scores goals regularly, something that Rui was unfortunately unable to do.
I know what Kaka capable of & not taking any credit off him.

My point is, why is Ancelotti is so stubborn n doesnt really rotate.

A season back, i used to get a glimpse of Rui playing for Milan. This season, besides the friendly match againts Chelsea or Barcelona. I Havent watched him on any official match. total of 838min of playing time says alot.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
This is something too that I do not understand well from Ancelotti
However, you really cannot say that now that 4 key pieces are injured, players like Simic and Kaladze are not only regulars, they are starters
So it ain't as bad as it seems
As far as Rui Costa, he is a magician, but he doesn't have 90 competitive minutes any more and unfortunatelly for Carlo that is incredibly important
Reason why Amoroso has not even smelled the pitch

·
Registered
121 Posts
Narentino said:
It seems he had been rotting on the bench for quite some time. Along with other players which i think you guys know well.

Whats the point having such a large squad when you don't rotate.

I got this feeling ever since anchelotti took over the manager post in Milan, I wont be able to watch much of him. Its like Anchelotti have something againts Rui.

If Kaka got a serious injury and out for a year(of course im not hoping for it), I bet its as good as Anchelotti getting fired.

Milan are playing brilliantly, but all im saying is Ancelotti doesnt seems to learn from his past mistakes n keep on repeating it.

No offence, just sharing my thoughts.

Btw, its been a while since i posted something regarding bout Rui in this forum. ;)
I agree with you nearly 100% on this.

Last season our finest moment was against Man United, with Rui starting in a Xmas tree.

The last no. 10 to take Milan all the way in CL was Rui.

I know he doesn't have 90 minutes in him anymore, but it would seem to me there is a perfect opportunity here. If we don't need goals, we sub Rui after 60-70 mins for Ambro/Vogel/Seedorf whoever and go to a flat 4-man midfield. If we need goals, we do a straight swap for Kaka.

Rui is still enough of a master to influence any game he is given a start in, and I agree he deserves more faith from Carlo. But he is not alone there. Milan is probably the world's greatest bench, wasted by a coach without the courage to give it confidence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts