Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First goal in a milan shirt. Even defenders score more goals than him. What an overrated piece of crap. I am not very surprised considering that he take so many wild shots in a game. And to think this are some of the guys who are considered better than Rivaldo is a complete joke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,725 Posts
Narentino - your cue to take over - but please respecting the person;)

Rui was instrumental in Milan winning the CL - while Rivaldo was keeping his butt warm on the bench. :tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,477 Posts
calcio100 said:
First goal in a milan shirt.
Completly incorrect he has scored several goals before in a Milan shirt, he have just not managed to do that in Serie A before yesterday. goals is nice and a trait, but far from deciding wether a player is good or playnig good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,725 Posts
skillfully yes - but rui is the better playmaker - and thats what milan needs and rui fills that spot perfectly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
rivaldo is sure better in some thinks....acting,holding the ball all the time without reason,destroying counter attacks
anyway i dont think milan took rui to score goals.They took him to prepare them and that he does well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
calcio100 said:
First goal in a milan shirt. Even defenders score more goals than him. What an overrated piece of crap. I am not very surprised considering that he take so many wild shots in a game. And to think this are some of the guys who are considered better than Rivaldo is a complete joke.
Am I wrong or Rivaldo was booed in Brazil last week in his debut match. I'm personally not a huge fan of Rui Costa, but last year he was "better" than Rivaldo and this year he is "better" than last year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,084 Posts
Rui still is one of the two or three most effective playmakers in Europe, imo. Hence, this thread, in my mind, can only be considered frivolous and subjective.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,670 Posts
Laudrup said:
Rui still is one of the two or three most effective playmakers in Europe, imo. Hence, this thread, in my mind, can only be considered frivolous and subjective.
Effective in which aspects?

I know he's done about 5 assists last year in CL.. most of them in the Depor game. Besides that he hasn't been good..to even claim that he is one of the most effective playmakers is ridicilous. I've seen EVERY Milan-game shown on Canal+ last year since my friend is a Milanista, the atalanta game and some others where he was good, besides that he was average.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,084 Posts
Effective as in assisting close to 40 goals in a few seasons, effective as in visionary, creative, intelligent and millimetre precise passer of the ball.

Still, it´s no secret indeed that he´s taken a step or two down since the Fio days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Minotti said:
Effective in which aspects?

I know he's done about 5 assists last year in CL.. most of them in the Depor game. Besides that he hasn't been good..to even claim that he is one of the most effective playmakers is ridicilous. I've seen EVERY Milan-game shown on Canal+ last year since my friend is a Milanista, the atalanta game and some others where he was good, besides that he was average.
He is not Zidane but a lot of interisti would love to have him in their squad. Milan can play, and win, games like the one we played in Rome 2 weeks ago cause we have players like Rui Costa. A midfield formed with players like Rui Costa, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo and Gattuso is not bad.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,827 Posts
calcio100 said:
First goal in a milan shirt. Even defenders score more goals than him. What an overrated piece of crap. I am not very surprised considering that he take so many wild shots in a game. And to think this are some of the guys who are considered better than Rivaldo is a complete joke.
And whats your problem dude???

i think eating to much pasta had corrupted your freakin mind about what you are posting...

Watch out...or else my gruppo will hunt you down flat...
 

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
Joined
·
22,486 Posts
First goal in a milan shirt. Even defenders score more goals than him. What an overrated piece of crap.
:D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,947 Posts
Rui Costa is one of the best playmaker I've ever seen until today. He has superb technique and footwork that can defeat many players, his style reminds me a little bit to the great legend Johan Cruyff. The home match last season against Real Madrid is his best performance where he made all Real players even great defender like Roberto Carlos like a joke. Really...it was a rare scene that Real got outclassed by one player like that.

Maybe he is rather weak in taking shots (well, not really, he did score the penalty against Boca Juniors), but I think he has done pretty good job in orchestrating Milan's attack.
 
1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Top