Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rui Costa in Benfica promise Wednesday 10 July, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan’s Manuel Rui Costa has expressed his desire to end his professional career with Benfica.

The Rossoneri star returned to Italy today to team up with his colleagues for pre-season training.

But the former Fiorentina player has hinted that his time in Italian football may be over after the next campaign.

"It is my intention to end my career wearing a Benfica shirt," he was reported as saying before his return to the peninsula.

"And my return to Lisbon could be sooner than may be expected. I’m ready to return soon if the club officials want me. I don’t want to let down my side or my heart."

The Lisbon-born playmaker made his name with Benfica for three seasons between 1991 and 1994.

Rui Costa’s Milan spell so far has been one to forget. Since his £27m move from Fiorentina last season he has suffered with numerous injury problems and a loss of form.

Speculation had suggested that the No 10 could be even sold this summer by the San Siro giants with the likes of Juventus, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid all linked.

channel4 ;)

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Was that thump the sound of LadyE fainting?

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Razor said:
Was that thump the sound of LadyE fainting?
No. Sorry... I think that was me. Can I have a cup of water?

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
I feel like the guy from Memento, I think I've read this type of story 100 times since I began following Benfica. I hope to see it happen, but I will not be holding my breath.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
I'm with you on this one AXP. I would love for him to be back at da luz but I just can't see it happening anytime soon.

The saga continues....

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Pretty soon Figo's gonna want to end his career at Benfica:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts