Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rui Costa could be on his way

Portuguese playmaker, Rui Costa, could be the next Milan player to be shown the door.

The midfielder could follow fellow team-mates Demetrio Albertini and Jose Mari to La Liga side Atletico Madrid as the club look to rebuild a tea which has performed disappointingly in recent seasons.

After a season ravaged by injury Rui Costa made little impact in his first year at the San Siro following his £28 million move from Fiorentina.

The 30-year-old played only 15 minutes of his first game for the club and subsequently missed 28 games during the entire campaign. A disappointing World Cup has not helped the player, but he now claims he is back to full fitness and looking forward to the coming season at Milan.

"Last season was the worst of my career," Costa said. "I was always injured, which got me down mentally as well as physically."

"I've recovered now, and I feel strong on all levels."

A move away from the San Siro seems likely with the arrival of Clarence Seedorf from rivals Inter, and the club are keen to sell players in order to raise funds to sign Italy captain, Fabio Cannavaro from Parma.

BACK TO NEWS HEADLINES

According to this, Milan may be dumping Rui to make financial room for a big push for Cannavaro. Given that we have Pirlo and that Seedorf can playmake, it might not be a bad move. I wonder how much meat this rumor has on it's bones.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
I dont have a problem with this

Imagine

Simic Canna Lursen Maldini

MOUTHWATERING!

Lav

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
If we sell Rui, in my opinion, it will not be for Canna, but for someone else. Canna is great, but for the long term, we need a younger and better player and there's only one player currently in the mercato that meats perfectly that criteria....;)

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Payman, budy ... how many times ... now tell me WHY are you doing this to us. What do you gain ... if we sign Nesta you will be "well, I told you so" if we don't it will be just the next Payman-Redondno saga and hopes each year ... just forget it. IF we get Cana even for Rui it will be an improvement. no doubt Nesta is better mostly considering his age but as Dae and Lav said with pirlo and Seedorf I don't have a lot of problems saying good-bye to Rui and with Simic and Lauresen and even with a apprantly improved RJ we will get that stabilty everyone needs these days at the back ... Simic/Cana/Laureen/Paolo etc van bringa much needed strength at the back so even carlito may try with a more offensive formation with sucha strong guys at the back ...

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Payman likes to torture us........just like all the Nando topics ;) :D

Come on SS the chances of us landing Nesta are as big as mine are of landing Anna Kournikova in my lap, for the rest of summer vacation :D ;)

Lav

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Lav said:
... Come on SS the chances of us landing Nesta are as big as mine are of landing Anna Kournikova in my lap, for the rest of summer vacation :D ;)

Lav
You neber know Lav ... anything is possinble in the US ... they say :tongue: :D ;)

Not in Italy I guess ... nor France :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
It would make sense.....and does seem feasible looking at it from Milan and Parma's viewpoints.....

I'd like to see this happen, but am not holding my breath ;)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Question is what team, in these times of economic shortage, would spend a big load of money on a 30-year old who hasn't reached form for over a year?
I have a hard time seeing you would get even half of what you payed for Rui last summer, and at that price he will stay at Milan.

And Donati is still the only way you could get Cannavaro.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Let's sell Rui and invest for the future we have enough creative midfielders especially since the arrival of Seedorf and the presence of Pirlo,Heaven help us if Rui Costa has another season to forget.
As for Nesta the way things are turning out he may end up staying where he is Cragnotti wants Davids off Juve and they cant pursuade him to go to Lazio and C.zanetti off Inter but they wont budge so who else is going to bring up the ideal offer.

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
It would be a wise move in my oppinion, but if that happenes we should sell Chamot or Roque Junior too.
Simic is great, but as a central defender, he´s not skilled enough to attack from the right side. I know Helveg isn´t much of a talented player either, but Contra is.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Lav said:
Come on SS the chances of us landing Nesta are as big as mine are of landing Anna Kournikova in my lap, for the rest of summer vacation :D ;)
What, they make a blow-up-doll version of her now? :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
It would be a good move, though I don't think, it will ever happen. As you, I can't really see the point of Rui, as we've got Pirlo, who is still regarded as one of the most talented playmakers in Italy, and Seedorf, who, indeed, is also a great, though not the most consistent one. Canna would be great...though, as I already mentioned, I don't believe he will ever play for us.

And tell me: what the hell we are going to do with all of those three. Two of them would be just fine...we don't want to waste talents ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
I think Cannavaro is an excellent player but he has way overpriced since a few years ago. If he can join Milan, of course that'll be great. But, excuse me, how many zero's on the paycheck? The whole transfer market has already gone totally crazy.

I won't be let down if Milan can't sign him. It seems to me that, since Galliani took over, Milan has been quite reluctant to run into the blind chase for big name players with other big clubs. So, I hope this will be good to Milan in the long run.

I think the current squad is good enough. Better work on sth else like coaching.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I think the current squad is good enough. Better work on sth else like coaching
You couldn't have said it better...

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Now this is getting more and more confusing. Why do Milan need so many mid-fielders for??:confused:

I have given it a thought, If Milan give away Donati (which I think they should), we will be still left with 4-5 mids for that position. Do u really think that Milan needs so many talents for warming the bench and paying them big amount of salary they require?? :eek: . The answer is clearly NO . So we have to make away with 2 mids. I have an intution that we will be loaning out Dallas kid and his friend Donati. :undecide:

But LOL, why am I talking abt Dalla bona and Donati over here??:eek: This is a thread abt Rui Costa and Canna. Thats becoz I am fu***** confused. I really don't know. But selling Costa is Foolish. He has had such a bad season followed by the not so memorable WC and to top that an injury ravaged season. So how much do u guys think his market value is right now? I am sure its not more than 10 mil $.:depress: Would Milan be selling him for a loss of around 17 mil $ . Obviously No .

What I am trying to tell with my post is that Without offending anyone, I would like to request u to post these kind of meaningless threads in the rumour thread. I mean this Donati-Canna is more logically right than this rumour.

Ciao

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tim said:

What, they make a blow-up-doll version of her now? :D

No, but if I paint lips on my right hand and dress her up in a blonde wig it passes for about the same. :D

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Dae said:
No, but if I paint lips on my right hand and dress her up in a blonde wig it passes for about the same. :D
:howler: and use alot of imagination

In any case did u guys see the special on her on ESPN's Sports century

i never knew she was actually good at tennis as a kid....but i still enyoed all the nice pics of her.

In any case, those who say rui isnt worth more than 10 mil...sorry mate but rui's image is easily worth that, remember playes arent just signed for playing also for image.

In any case get me CANNA :fero:

Lav

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I also vote for working on something else, like...the coach.....

Speaking of Nesta, I was told by a friend that Nesta was signing for Milan...gee, what was it 3 weeks ago Friday? Yessir, he was sure of it....

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Debs said:
... Speaking of Nesta, I was told by a friend that Nesta was signing for Milan...gee, what was it 3 weeks ago Friday? Yessir, he was sure of it....
Do I know him?
Is he French???

:D :tongue: :D

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
bono74 said:
Do I know him?
Is he French???
:D :tongue: :D
Now i wonder who could this possibly be.....;) :tongue:

Lav