Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on the inter site that Rui Costa may return to his great club. Razor, please tell me that is a probable outcome?!!!!!!

Can you imagine, Joao Pinto, Nuno Gomes, Sabry and Rui Costa. We would be the dominant force in Portugal, and a contender in Europe. I am just worried about our goalie situation- I DO NOT want to see Bossio as our #1 keeper.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
no way!!!
if rui costa wants to move... it would be to serie-a team! ac milan would accept him with no hesitation!!!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Which Inter site was this? (just curious)

Probable!? Maybe not. But definitely possible:

The facts:

- Fiorentina's owner is on record as saying that he wants to clean house this summer, and that includes Rui Costa & Batistusta. The current lineup just isn't working.

- Rui Costa is on record in separate interviews with both Portuguese and Italian papers as saying that his first love is Benfica and that he would like to return to bring them back to prominence, both in Portugal and in Europe - and NOT in the twilight of his career, but (in his words) "while he can still contribute to the team".

- With the passing of the SAD, JVA will have an infusion of cash that could be used to pay him the salary he seeks.

- Fiorentina has been eyeing Robert Enke for the past year and has contacted Benfica on numerous occasions regarding a deal. Rui Costa is still under contract with Fio. If this did indeed happen, it would no doubt include sending Enke to Italy.

We will have to see what happens this summer...

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
OK, let's get this straight. Rui Costa will NOT leave Fiorentina. Yes, president Cecchi Gori wants major change, but that does not include selling Rui Costa and Batistuta. He just want to clean out the trash. Rui Costa is virtually the only attacking midfielder Fio has.
He will definitly rejoin Benfica at some time, coz we all know Rui's a benfiquista in heart, but it will not be until a few more years.

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts