41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Dal Inferno said:
in some games i just prefer him much more than kaka

kaka is the worst playmaker i have ever seen

i dont even see him as a playmaker...
he can't controll the pace of a game...like say deco,xavi,pirlo....RUI "IL MAESTRO" COSTA

all he does is run and run...i think he should play as shadowstriker...behind sheva....kinda christmas tree formation.....

rui and kaka together have always looked good In my humble opinion
:star: what a performance :star:

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Red Dragon said:
Rui is probably not one of my favourites!! I know he's got a huge amount of skill & vision, but i guess Kaka made me realize I will hate anybody else in his place!!!

So i don't think he's a loser, but i think it will be better if he leave at the end of the season!!
Exactly what do you gain by having a class sub like Rui leave?
Rui is an amazing sub an is more than ready to start if called upon. There are zero substitues in the world of football like Rui Costa, namely because I belive that almost in any other team he would not be in the bench

Forca Rui!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Two more to think about, imo, for pumping new blood into hte midfield are Mascherano from Corinthians and D'Agostino from Messina. Mascherano is already highly rated and could be star if Argentina have a good cup. He is Pirlo but with workrate, grit and tackling ability. D'Agostino could come cheap since Messina will be relegated. He is not superstar quality, yet, but has great technique and can play from box to box. Maybe he's a backup but with potential to start. I watched him play Lecce, I think, and his two goals in the last ten minutes were brilliant. He;s got a cannon shot and nice dribbling skill.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Ledesma close to Lazio Thursday 11 May, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s looking increasingly likely that Lecce’s Cristian Ledesma will be playing for Lazio next season.

The Argentine has been linked with the outfit for some time and talks regarding a move are at an advanced stage.

Although capital boss Delio Rossi is understood to have asked for Milan’s Manuel Rui Costa, a move for the South American is much more probable.

Rossi knows Ledesma well after the two spent time together at the Via Del Mare and the player is keen for a Biancocelesti chance.

The central midfielder has been specifically targeted as a replacement for playmaker Fabio Liverani.

The Italian will play his last game for the club on Sunday after already agreeing to join Fiorentina for 2006-07.

An announcement confirming his Florence switch is expected in the next few weeks seeing as the former Perugia man is understood to have already passed his Viola medical.

channel4

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I must admit my bias up front. Rui Costa is one of my all time favourites, so it's hurt to see him ride the bench these past years. Such a waste. Beautiful game = Rui Costa.

Nevertheless, Kaka was the player you had to go with. The results speak for themselves. Rui Costa is a wonderful player, but he's missing competitive hunger. He left our NT because he was supplanted by Deco as first choice creative mid - even though many Portuguese wanted him to stay. He should be going to the world cup, but is not. :(

I'd like to see him back with Benfica, (even though this would not be good news for my Sporting). Portuguese fans would love to see him put in one or even two more years.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Rui Costa awaits Benfica sign Saturday 20 May, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manuel Rui Costa admits he doesn’t know whether he’ll stay at Milan next season, as he awaits an offer from Benfica.

“I haven’t had any signs from Benfica and I cannot honestly say that everything is fine,” confessed the Portuguese veteran.

“The only thing I can say for certain right now is that I have one more year to run on my contract with Milan.”

Rui Costa became the Rossoneri’s most expensive ever signing in 2001 when he completed a £27m move from Fiorentina.

Although he proved instrumental in their 2003 Champions League winning campaign, ‘Rui’ has struggled to find space in the side since Kaka’s arrival, making just 25 Serie A appearances this term.

“Milan are not any old club, which is why I have to think long and hard before I make any decision on my future,” he added.

The 34-year-old has hinted at retirement this summer or a return to his beloved Benfica, which he left for Fiorentina in 1994, to finish his career.

“I am flying back to Lisbon for my holidays and while I’m there I will give the club my compliments for the results they have achieved.”

channel4

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Rui has rescinded his contract and is free to sign for any club now.

GOOD LUCK RUI.

THANKS FOR NO 6.:proud:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Wow... I didnt expect it. I think it is the best way for him.

#6 will never be forgotten. His professionalism after he got benched by the Brazilian wonderkid neither. Grazie per tutto e in bocca al lupo per il futuro.

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
BEST MILAN MEMORY: 'when we won the Champions League ... I played 18 of the 19 games and when Poalo lifted the cup it was my best moment in football.'

Manuel Rui Costa was interviewed by Milan Channel following his transfer to Benfica. This is what he had to say:

Rui's Comments

http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComunicados.asp?nid=183102&src=0

41 - 51 of 51 Posts