Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After his positive time with Fiorentina,Rui Costa has been a rather interesting story with Milan.I'd say he hasn't been the same player as what he was with "La Viola"and whether he would be classified as a success or a failre is rather debateable to.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he has been more than patient to sit on the bench yet he's paid quite well and probably doesn't mind as much either and is'nt a spring chicken no more either.I think that it's time for Rui to move on and for us to look to the future.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Helcifer said:
If Rui Costa can score goals, I would prefer him than Kaka.
Sadly when he does play and was more of a regular never scored enough,at least when he was at Fiorentina he bagged a few goals. :irritate:

·
International
8,545 Posts
He didn't settle well enough his first year and then Kaka came along and took Serie A by storm, nevermind Milan. He was more a victim of circumstance than anything, at least that's the way I see it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
He's an excellent sub to bring on when Milan is needs a goal. He's nothing like he was at Fiorentina but he's still quality and can influence a game with his passing.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
He didnt live up to expectations, but he helped win us some trophies. I am personally happy that he joined us, allthough I acknowledge that it was an expensive exercise.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Too good a player to be sitting on the bench, even at Milan. I would say he has been a moderate success. He hasn't scored a lot (hell, he hasn't scored at all for the longest time) but his contribution has been invaluable.

·
Registered
414 Posts
IVO said:
He didn't settle well enough his first year and then Kaka came along and took Serie A by storm, nevermind Milan. He was more a victim of circumstance than anything, at least that's the way I see it.

He had a great season with Milan when they won the UCL against Juve.
At least on european nights he always seemed to perform, apart from the final.
Anyone remember Rui's assist for Inzaghi on the group phase, Milan - R.Madrid?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Maybe he should go to Benfica and retire there, at Milan he´ll never be starter again with Kaka around!

·
Registered
414 Posts
For the past two seasons he's been tipped to do that, however the Milan board continued to block his departure seeing him as an important part of the squad, not only footballingwise but also role modeling for younger Milanisti.

He always said that he wished to end his career where it started, with us, so let's hope it happens in the near future!

Every player who washes himself in tears when he scores against Benfica, on a friendly game, should retire, as a legend, at Benfica :proud:

:star:

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
How on earth did i miss this thread is unxplainable!

He is a success in Milan. He could have repay the 27million pound Milan paid for him if only that stupid fat grumpy face Anchelotti uses him rightly.

For me, he is the perfect Role Model as a professional player. A true Legend for all the Viola fans.

Forza Rui! :proud: :star:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Narentino said:
How on earth did i miss this thread is unxplainable!

He is a success in Milan. He could have repay the 27million pound Milan paid for him if only that stupid fat grumpy face Anchelotti uses him rightly.

For me, he is the perfect Role Model as a professional player. A true Legend for all the Viola fans.

Forza Rui! :proud: :star:

You are, from now on, my favorite XT poster! Haha :tongue:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts