Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Portugal star Rui Costa expects to return for AC Milan against Roma on Sunday.

"I will try and play against Roma even though I know it will be tough. I only play when I'm full fit and can be useful to the team," said the playmaker, who was injured in the April 7 clash with Chievo.

Costa confessed that the injury had been depressing him, and is eager to get back on the pitch. "I have not been in good spirits , because not playing gets me down. But physically I'm getting better.

"I'm following my recovery plan after my injury against Chievo, and should be ready for Sunday."

The former Fiorentina playmaker does not believe his return will have a big impact on the team, but that the players must pull together if they are to secure the final Champions' League spot.

"I don't do anything exceptional; I'm just a player in the team. Right now Milan needs everybody they can get.

"When I return I'll have the pleasure of knowing that I'll be supported by all the players who are still on the sidelines with injury."

Milan's performance against Borussia Dortmund, when they narrowly failed to overhaul a 4-0 deficit in the second-leg of their Uefa Cup semi-final, is a performance Costa believes he and his team-mates should strive to replicate.

"That game showed us that if we are united we can achieve the impossible," he insisted.

·
Registered
579 Posts
He shouldn't rush it. Pirlo is playing great in his place although with Albertini there's certainly a need for someone to fill the empty spot in central midfield. Unfortunately, I don't think Carlo would play he and Pirlo at the same time even though it makes perfect sense.

Milan could clear use the vision and passing ability of Rui in central midfield but we need someone more pacey and less accident prone on the wings. That's why I like the idea of this formation:

Serginho -- Rui Costa -- Ambrosini -- Pirlp

Will we every get it? With injuries and a moron for a coach, probably not. But we can all dream.

But whatever the case, I think it's too early to put him out there again so soon after going off injured. If anything have him on the bench just in case.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Good we need some spirit on the bench....hope he can scream "FORRRRRZZZZZZAAAAAAA MMMMIIIIIILLLLLLLAAAAANNNNNNN" all game long :D

Lav

1 - 3 of 3 Posts