Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope see ruben more games
when i see his first game[against Djurgarden]
i felt deep impression his play[Van Basten also impressed of his play against Ajax]

he has every tool
speed,dribble,pace,middle-distance and short-distance shooting ability,freekick,good crossing and passing
even pertinent passing timing
his shooting skill is very elaborate
especially he has score ability of great

-uruguay league stat-

2001/2002 DANUBIO MONTEVIDEO Serie A URU 14 match 8 goal
2001 DANUBIO MONTEVIDEO Serie A URU 23 match 13 goal

he played playmaker

some people say aimar,rosicky,van der vaart,D'alessandro,meghni or etc palyer.....as successor to nedved

but i think ruben has massive quality and potencial

he can sufficiently successor to nedved

ruben"s main position is playmaker and he can play every winger
that is resemble nedved

he will be better coice .... than aimar,rosicky,van der vaart,D'alessandro,meghni or etc player

and i think he even has better potencial than kaka of AC milan
yes,i don"t see him many games still
because he was participated a few game

but i see every game in 2004-2005 season that he participated in a game

and then i convinced of his ability

he is simply pure class

yet he only 21 years old[1983 born]

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
he has the ability. i think capello using him on the wing for now is okay just to get him used to serie A. but i think slowly he could be our playmaker.

i honestly think Olivera behind Zlatan and Trezeguet would be brilliant in the future, provided trez stays fit and healthy.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CUG said:
he has the ability. i think capello using him on the wing for now is okay just to get him used to serie A. but i think slowly he could be our playmaker.
i strongly hope that
he is good in wing but
i think[like CUG] he has maximum power in playmaker

·
Registered
17,741 Posts
I'm still not entirely convinced by Olivera...

Yes, he is skillful and he has praiseworthy ability and he has much potential, but i still haven't see enough from him for me to even suggest he could possibly replace Nedved. He hasn't even dislodged Camo, who has apart from a crappy start to the season, played very well of late at rightwing.

I don't want to cast doubt over him, but i think we need to reduce the expectations on his shoulders. Let him develop at a natural pace, he's still very young. Come the end of the season we'll have a better idea of whether he can fill Nedved's shoes. But i'm not that optimistic.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nero said:
He hasn't even dislodged Camo

this season
Camo never played badly
he is best player in juve of this season
it isn"t dislodged
ruben hasn"t main chance untill

·
Registered
867 Posts
Ruben Olivera could be a good player, but he'll never be as good as Nedved, Ronaldhino,Deco...

He just dosen't have the talent. Although he is very talented. But he cam be as good as Camo or even slitghly better with A LOT of hard work. Ant that isn't half bad. We have seen Camo this year and he is probably the best player in Juve together with Emerson, Cannavro and Buffon

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Olvera lacks consistency. If he was more consistent it would make up for his small shortfall in skill when you compare him to the great playmakers like R.Gaucho, Aimar, etc...they are not always on form but they still make a difference even if its just one moment in a match.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
give him a fair go though.

1. he isnt a natural winger, he is a true playmaker being used as sub to replace camoranesi or nedved who play on the wings. surely this has to be taken into consideration. i want to see camoranesi try and prove his worth starting every game on bench and coming on playing behind the forwards, im sure he wouldnt be able to strut his stuff as well.

2. he hasnt been given a lot of playing time. And with the small amount of time he has had on the field compared to others, he has done very well.

He may not be Ronaldinho, but who the hell is?? Aimar at least got his chance and started at valencia and got more of a chance to prove himself.

Olivera will never be a direct replacement to nedved either. they are completely different players. Just like Zidane and nedved. Nedved replacemed him in the team, but not directly. IF Olivera does get his chance to replace Nedved, then you'll find juve wil have a different style again.

Im not trying to blow his horn or anything, im just stating some issues that should be raised in thread.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
People should not be so quick to judge Olivera. Honestly he has never been given a fair chance to prove himself. He gets some matches now and than. That's no layer to develope consistency on. In preseason and at the start of this season he was on fire, that's when he really should have got more chances to play. You gotta strike while the iron is hot.

He's no Nedved replacement, Olivera is Olivera. Coach needs to find the best way to implement him in the team. He has the skill and phsyique to succeed. I have no doubt about his ability and I'm pretty confident that he could be a hit in Juve.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CUG said:
give him a fair go though.

1. he isnt a natural winger, he is a true playmaker being used as sub to replace camoranesi or nedved who play on the wings. surely this has to be taken into consideration. i want to see camoranesi try and prove his worth starting every game on bench and coming on playing behind the forwards, im sure he wouldnt be able to strut his stuff as well.

2. he hasnt been given a lot of playing time. And with the small amount of time he has had on the field compared to others, he has done very well.

He may not be Ronaldinho, but who the hell is?? Aimar at least got his chance and started at valencia and got more of a chance to prove himself.

Olivera will never be a direct replacement to nedved either. they are completely different players. Just like Zidane and nedved. Nedved replacemed him in the team, but not directly. IF Olivera does get his chance to replace Nedved, then you'll find juve wil have a different style again.

Im not trying to blow his horn or anything, im just stating some issues that should be raised in thread.

great post
especially

i want to see camoranesi try and prove his worth starting every game on bench and coming on playing behind the forwards, im sure he wouldnt be able to strut his stuff as well.

↑agree camoranesi only wing player and he proved his poor playmaking ability in the 02-03 CL FINAL[against Milan]
but olivera is natural playmaker also he is even very well wing play

olivera has two main chance untill
first chance=Djurgarden second game
he played very surprise
second chance=Lecce
that game is mud game

rest of game he has short play time and for sub player
he never accepted many chance

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
polaris said:
Olvera lacks consistency. If he was more consistent it would make up for his small shortfall in skill when you compare him to the great playmakers like R.Gaucho, Aimar, etc...they are not always on form but they still make a difference even if its just one moment in a match.
i don"t agree this post

lacks consistency??

that word must use after see one player played at least 10 time games for starter

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I agree he has not had a good chance yet, but he also did not perform well when he got time at the start of the season when Camo was playing poorly. Now he must wait for the next chance and take advantage.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Polaris, to be fair to Olivera, he only came on as a sub in most of the games that you refer to as "his chances". Even when Camo was playing poor, he was still starting. Olevra didn't always have sufficient time to come in and make his mark. If anything, his inconsistency was down to the lack of playing time he was given. :)

Olivera is a genuine talent who should be given more playing time. I don't see him as Camo's rival but rather as a backup to Pavel, only that he posses more flair etc.

ehfvkfao - your love relationship with Olivera is almost as similar in magnitude to that of gba's love for Del Piero.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Paris said:
ehfvkfao - your love relationship with Olivera is almost as similar in magnitude to that of gba's love for Del Piero.
no, i"m never reflection my own prejudice about player rate :hangover:
olivera never my love type :tongue:
i"m only said truth.

gba is believer Del Piero"s religion :thmbdown:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts